Zone1 California school divides students by "privileged" and "oppressed"

Hahaha, this is what you argument is built on. No need to reply, you comment speaks for itself

Yes it is, and yes I reply, and Yes I stand by it.

This line from O'Brien in 1984 sums up how the left views things.

I tell you, Winston, that reality is not external. Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else. Not in the individual mind, which can make mistakes, and in any case soon perishes: only in the mind of the Party, which is collective and immortal. Whatever the Party holds to be the truth, is truth. It is impossible to see reality except by looking through the eyes of the Party.

You’ve acknowledged that these groups were historically oppressed, correct? So when a Jew walks down the street and a slur is made they become a target of antisemitism. Look at the sheet. That’s what’s it’s saying. Jewish people are targets of antisemitism, and non Jews are not targets. They don’t even have to think about dealing with Jewish stereotypes and judgment from antisemites. This is the point of the worksheet. To look at different perspectives.
But the purpose behind the chart is to manipulate children into falsely believing that blacks are “oppressed.” The leftists are so eager to do this that they end up with a chart that doesn’t line up.

If group A are not targets, then why not label group B as targets - instead of calling them “oppressed”? Being the target of bigotry does not make one oppressed.

For example, I’m Jewish and have been targeted. Did I like when the antisemites keyed “J E W” across the hood of our brand-new car? NO. Did I like when some kids painted “J E W” across my locker? No. Or when the Catholic School boys walked into our house and blew out our Shabbos candles? Again, no.

So yes, Jews can be targets. But does that mean we are “oppressed”? How so? We can buy a house in any neighborhood we can afford, sit anyway we choose on the bus, stay in any hotel we want, pursue any profession (assuming we are capable), travel freely around the country, etc., etc.

The problem is that leftists are so determined to prove that blacks are oppressed that they change meanings of words Being targeted does not mean one is oppressed.

But the purpose behind the chart is to manipulate children into falsely believing that blacks are “oppressed.” The leftists are so eager to do this that they end up with a chart that doesn’t line up.
I understand that this is the narrative you feel a need to push. But that doesn’t make it true. Kids sometimes can be harsh, they pick on others who are different. They don’t think about what life is like in other peoples shoes because they think the world revolves around them. To teach and discuss things to draw awareness that some women have to face struggles that men don’t. Some blacks have to face struggles that whites don’t. That’s not an attack on anybody. Why do you try so hard to make it about that?!

For example, I’m Jewish and have been targeted.
Jews are a historically oppressed group. You were targeted not because of something you did but because you just happen to be part of that group. If Jews did not have the oppressed history that they had then you probably wouldn’t be a target. Right?

The problem is that leftists are so determined to prove that blacks are oppressed that they change meanings of words Being targeted does not mean one is oppressed
You obviously have a big problem with the word oppressed. May I ask if you’d agree that these groups do get targeted, judged, and mistreated by some just for being part of their “group” and therefore face obstacles that others who aren’t in those groups don’t face.??

I understand that this is the narrative you feel a need to push. But that doesn’t make it true. Kids sometimes can be harsh, they pick on others who are different. They don’t think about what life is like in other peoples shoes because they think the world revolves around them. To teach and discuss things to draw awareness that some women have to face struggles that men don’t. Some blacks have to face struggles that whites don’t. That’s not an attack on anybody. Why do you try so hard to make it about that?!
Why do you try so hard to avoid the lie in the chart? There are no “oppressed” groups of people here in this country.

You obviously have a big problem with the word oppressed. May I ask if you’d agree that these groups do get targeted, judged, and mistreated by some just for being part of their “group” and therefore face obstacles that others who aren’t in those groups don’t face.??
Sure, no problem. SOME are indeed targeted.

But the fact that they use the word “oppressed” is a lie, intended to further the myth that blacks are oppressed. So, two questions:

1) If the group on the left are called “non-targets,” why not just call the group on the right “targets”? Why try to push the false narrative that they’re oppressed?

2) Since we are talking about targets, why not list groups in the order by which they are most likely to be targets? Jews and gays are targeted a lot more than blacks, so why did the liberal educators list blacks at the top?

Why do you try so hard to avoid the lie in the chart? There are no “oppressed” groups of people here in this country.
I don’t see it as a lie. You would agree that Jews and Blacks WERE oppressed correct? Because of the historical events that led to their oppression they targets of bigotry today? Are they not?

I actually agree that the words privilege and oppressed don’t need to be in there. Or could be changed out for better words. But that doesn’t mean the worksheet is a lie or that it’s doing what you claim it’s doing

If the group on the left are called “non-targets,” why not just call the group on the right “targets”?
They do call the group on the right targets. Literally that’s what they are called in the worksheet

Since we are talking about targets, why not list groups in the order by which they are most likely to be targets? Jews and gays are targeted a lot more than blacks, so why did the liberal educators list blacks at the top?
Are you talking about society or in school? Because I’m pretty sure targets in school are far different that your perceived targets in society

I don’t see it as a lie. You would agree that Jews and Blacks WERE oppressed correct? Because of the historical events that led to their oppression they targets of bigotry today? Are they not?

Yes, Jews and Blacks WERE oppressed in the past, and Jews in some countries remain so today. But they are not today, and liberals keep pushing that they are (well, blacks).
I actually agree that the words privilege and oppressed don’t need to be in there. Or could be changed out for better words. But that doesn’t mean the worksheet is a lie or that it’s doing what you claim it’s doing
YES, if the worksheet uses the word “oppressed” describing groups of people when they are NOT oppressed, then it’s a lie.

Yes, Jews and Blacks WERE oppressed in the past, and Jews in some countries remain so today. But they are not today, and liberals keep pushing that they are (well, blacks).
Well perhaps those “liberals” as you like to call them don’t think the scales have been balanced yet. Just because YOU might not see or feel it doesn’t not mean that it doesn’t exist

YES, if the worksheet uses the word “oppressed” describing groups of people when they are NOT oppressed, then it’s a lie.
I disagree. We both agree that those group were oppressed. It’s not unfair to consider them oppressed given their history and the fact that they are still targeted by bigots in todays world. I bet that you disagree with that but it’s a matter of perspective

And then in parenthesis it says they’re oppressed.
Yup there is a parenthesis. But the label for that column says exactly what you claimed it should. Targets and non-targets. You’re getting worked up about a word in a parenthesis and the order they are listed. Give me a break.

most kids have no clue about Jewish history nor do they care or know what antisemitism is. What kids see are skin color, sex, and kids acting differently. Those are the prominent “isms” in school. Very different from society and politics

Well perhaps those “liberals” as you like to call them don’t think the scales have been balanced yet. Just because YOU might not see or feel it doesn’t not mean that it doesn’t exist
What do you mean the scales haven’t been balanced? What laws are there that oppress blacks? What rights don’t they have that whites do?

most kids have no clue about Jewish history nor do they care or know what antisemitism is. What kids see are skin color, sex, and kids acting differently. Those are the prominent “isms” in school. Very different from society and politics
They don’t know or care about antisemitism? That’s in your liberal mind that cares more about racism against blacks than antisemitism against Jews.

And that’s also why blacks top the chart, even though Jews are more likely to be targeted.

Liberals have a conundrum with the fact that Jews are twice as likely to be victims of bigots than blacks, and yet Jews still manage to achieve above the average.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back