California faces deadline tomorrow to avoid junk bond status

Actually the problem is that they can't tax, because the Republicans over there are batshit insane, as opposed to just normally insane like most other places.

well this thread is going to prove just about every posters saying about you Nik...you dont know what the fuck you are talking about.....this shit was happening before Arnold dipshit....the VERY liberal legislature has been in the process of screwing over this state since Grey Davis,with horrible contracts to the state unions which is killing the state,you name the problem,and the legislature was part of the problem,going back 15 years....Arnolds problem is he is trying to be something to everyone,which he cant be.....and they CANT TAX??....are you fucking crazy...this state has a pretty high tax rate,and tries to tax you for everything,and if the tax gets voted down,they will try another way to tax you....i think you had best stay at home on this one Nik.....you are WAY outta your league here...but if you wanna show everyone how fucking stupid you are....then lets GET IT ON....

And the current economy was happening before Obama, fuckwit.

They can't tax you for anything, taxes have to go to the voters and they often don't get approved. So that they can tax you for anything is a downright lie. See Prop 13, moron.

in your Post about this NIKKY you never mentioned Obama and neither did i....you said Arnold and the Republicans......and if you learn how to read Twatface you will see that I SAID that the taxes get voted down,and that they will try another way to get the money.....like i said Nicko....stay at home and post about things you know about....like BULLSHIT.....and your boy friend Bobos wart infested Ballsack....

Living in CA, hell yes we have high taxes...we also have the most highways, schools, etc. and that cost money. We also send more money to the Feds than we get back and the Feds let the illegals pour across our border and that costs our state $$$$ too.

That being said, I ALMOST ( I said almost) would like to see us go under...especially with all those across the nation hoping we do. Why do I say that? Because CA is like the biggest, heaviest guy climbing the mountain while tied to all the other guys. CA goes off the cliff, guess who starts going off that cliff with him, one after another? :eusa_whistle:

you got that right....but im willing to bet Nikky will tell you,that you are full of shit....

Property taxes, moron.

You have no idea how many people would lose their homes if it wasn't for prop 13...but you wouldn't care, because you rent. People that bought their home back in the 70's were paying around 25-40K for a home. Now those homes are worth 400-700K...you know what that would do...try to think about that little fact before you post your blather idiot.

And? So they cash out and move. Regardless, whatever your justification for prop 13, it is the reason that Californias taxes are NOT high, rather they are actually quite low.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have no idea how many people would lose their homes if it wasn't for prop 13...but you wouldn't care, because you rent. People that bought their home back in the 70's were paying around 25-40K for a home. Now those homes are worth 400-700K...you know what that would do...try to think about that little fact before you post your blather idiot.

And? So they cash out and move. Regardless, whatever your justification for prop 13, it is the reason that Californias taxes are NOT high, rather they are actually quite low.

the moron clearly doesnt know that property taxes go to county and local government, not the state, unless its different in Cali

well this thread is going to prove just about every posters saying about you Nik...you dont know what the fuck you are talking about.....this shit was happening before Arnold dipshit....the VERY liberal legislature has been in the process of screwing over this state since Grey Davis,with horrible contracts to the state unions which is killing the state,you name the problem,and the legislature was part of the problem,going back 15 years....Arnolds problem is he is trying to be something to everyone,which he cant be.....and they CANT TAX??....are you fucking crazy...this state has a pretty high tax rate,and tries to tax you for everything,and if the tax gets voted down,they will try another way to tax you....i think you had best stay at home on this one Nik.....you are WAY outta your league here...but if you wanna show everyone how fucking stupid you are....then lets GET IT ON....

They can't tax you for anything, taxes have to go to the voters and they often don't get approved. So that they can tax you for anything is a downright lie. See Prop 13, moron.

in your Post about this NIKKY you never mentioned Obama and neither did i....you said Arnold and the Republicans......and if you learn how to read Twatface you will see that I SAID that the taxes get voted down,and that they will try another way to get the money.....like i said Nicko....stay at home and post about things you know about....like BULLSHIT.....and your boy friend Bobos wart infested Ballsack....

Wtf? You managed to say all of that without even saying anything substantial? Epic fail.

the moron clearly doesnt know that property taxes go to county and local government, not the state, unless its different in Cali

And? The county and local government then have less money which the state then has to make up for. Prop 13 is a big reason why schools are so shitty in cali.

its not that much different here,im sure they get their cut somewhere....i just had to laugh when she said taxes are not high out here....California has the HIGHEST sales tax in the country at 8.25%.....and combined with local sales taxes could be as high as 10.25% in some cities.....and in spite of what the dickless one said....the state sales taxes were raised one full percent by our wonderful legislature without the public voting on it....it just went into effect April 1st....as well as the doubling of the car registration....and now they wanna add a $15.00 surcharge on car registrations....yea its a breeze....i can handle it but the people outa work ...the legislature is killing these people....think someone like Pelosi or Boxer care?....

its not that much different here,im sure they get their cut somewhere....i just had to laugh when she said taxes are not high out here....California has the HIGHEST sales tax in the country at 8.25%.....and combined with local sales taxes could be as high as 10.25% in some cities.....and in spite of what the dickless one said....the state sales taxes were raised one full percent by our wonderful legislature without the public voting on it....it just went into effect April 1st....as well as the doubling of the car registration....and now they wanna add a $15.00 surcharge on car registrations....yea its a breeze....i can handle it but the people outa work ...the legislature is killing these people....think someone like Pelosi or Boxer care?....

Compare how much you spend a year with how much your house is worth. Do you spend 10% of what your house is worth every year? If not than your tiny property taxes more than make up for your sales tax.

Pelosi and Boxer have nothing to do with the state sales tax, moron.

And? The county and local government then have less money which the state then has to make up for. Prop 13 is a big reason why schools are so shitty in cali.

and if it wasnt for prop 13 asswipe a lot of retired people would have lost their homes...but why would an asshole like you care about that....and one of the reasons the schools are so bad is called UNCONTROLLED IMMIGRATION....schools bursting with kids who dont know english,and parents who dont know it also,and if they do they dont believe its their job to help teach them....and of course no taxes from them to help pay for their spawns education.....stay home Nikky with each post your looking stupider and stupider.....

Wtf? You managed to say all of that without even saying anything substantial? Epic fail.

thats only because your too fucking stupid to understand it...

you cant blame Pelosi and Boxer for state taxes, they have no say in it

Compare how much you spend a year with how much your house is worth. Do you spend 10% of what your house is worth every year? If not than your tiny property taxes more than make up for your sales tax.

they have a lot of influence in this state dipshit.....they are part of the elite here,you know they live here....but because they are dems they are ok to you...and i tell you what Nikky....move back here and you give them your money....

and if it wasnt for prop 13 asswipe a lot of retired people would have lost their homes...but why would an asshole like you care about that....and one of the reasons the schools are so bad is called UNCONTROLLED IMMIGRATION....schools bursting with kids who dont know english,and parents who dont know it also,and if they do they dont believe its their job to help teach them....and of course no taxes from them to help pay for their spawns education.....stay home Nikky with each post your looking stupider and stupider.....

Ah yes, the rightwing boogey man. It must be the immigrants whooooooooooo!!!!!!

Because immigrants never buy anything and therefore never pay sales tax, right?

they live here Dive....and many of our assembly people converse with these two all the time,you cant tell me they dont "advise" ...dont forget they represent a very "liberal" populated area of the state....they watch out for their money,much of it invested here....they just dont care about your holdings....and if that was true,they have no say,Arnold has twice, since he has been battling the legislature over the budget since his first day in office,has met with Fienstein and Boxer to discuss STATE matters....not FED matters STATE....after the first meeting Arnie and the Legis. suddenly came to a compromise...2nd time not sure anything happened but a few weeks later their sqabble just kinda faded.....so i could be wrong,but i could be right....

they have a lot of influence in this state dipshit.....they are part of the elite here,you know they live here....but because they are dems they are ok to you...and i tell you what Nikky....move back here and you give them your money....

They don't get a vote, do they fuckwad?

Yeah, I thought not. Try blaming the people who actually control things, not those who have "influence". Jesus you are a fucking tool.

they live here Dive....and many of our assembly people converse with these two all the time,you cant tell me they dont "advise" ...dont forget they represent a very "liberal" populated area of the state....they watch out for their money,much of it invested here....they just dont care about your holdings....and if that was true,they have no say,Arnold has twice, since he has been battling the legislature over the budget since his first day in office,has met with Fienstein and Boxer to discuss STATE matters....not FED matters STATE....after the first meeting Arnie and the Legis. suddenly came to a compromise...2nd time not sure anything happened but a few weeks later their sqabble just kinda faded.....so i could be wrong,but i could be right....

Oh, well, its all their fault because they don't use their influence enough to run the state as well as Washington :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are pathetic. They come and help solve problems, which isn't their job, and you blame them because they only fix some things and not everything.

sales taxes dipshit have very little to do with Education ANYONE who buys something in the state pays sales taxes which go to paying for local govts basically,like street repair,cops, fire ...state taxes and federal taxes pay for education,and unless you are working and paying taxes to the state and feds,you are not contributing to education....try again dildo....

sales taxes dipshit have very little to do with Education ANYONE who buys something in the state pays sales taxes which go to paying for local govts basically,like street repair,cops, fire ...state taxes and federal taxes pay for education,and unless you are working and paying taxes to the state and feds,you are not contributing to education....try again dildo....

Actually the large majority goes to the general fund, dipshit. Check your facts before spewing your nonsensical garbage.

Sales taxes in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At 8.25%, California has the highest state sales tax, which can total up to 10.25% with local sales tax included.[17] Sales and use taxes in the state of California are collected by a publicly elected tax commission. The statewide 8.25% is allocated as:[18]

8.25% - State
5.00% - State - General Fund
0.25% - State - Fiscal Recovery Fund
0.50% - State - Local Revenue Fund
0.50% - State - Local Public Safety Fund
1.00% - Uniform Local Tax
0.25% - Local County - Transportation funds
0.75% - Local City/County - Operational funds

And what does the general fund pay for?

Distribution of General Fund Spending - California - Kaiser State Health Facts

Hey....mostly Education. Funny how that works.

Guess you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, eh?

If you pay rent or own a home, you are paying directly or indirectly for education thru property taxes.

Forum List

Back