California, California, California - What Are You Thinking?

Allanon68 said:
The Bible is just a book, not the law. I personally dont care what it says.

You don't seem to care about anything or anyone. So why should we care about your opinion?

Good question. What are they thinking? They put a proposition in front of the people of California in favor of gay marriage and the people in direct vote shot it down big time. I can't imagine what these politicians are thinking when their constituents have already spoken their minds on the matter.

California was not one of the states to vote on gay marriage in 2004. If California passes their law, the other 48 states will just have to suck it up, unless you want to argue that gay marriage laws should be decided at the federal level but abortion laws decided at the state level.

MissileMan said:
California was not one of the states to vote on gay marriage in 2004. If California passes their law, the other 48 states will just have to suck it up, unless you want to argue that gay marriage laws should be decided at the federal level but abortion laws decided at the state level.

You freakin idiot. Californias passed their own law back in 1999 banning gay marriage. The fact that the Californian Senate wants to go contrary to what they people want shows how dumb they really are as politicians.

Personally I wouldn't mind the people amending the Constitution to ban abortion either any more than i minded the people ammending it to ban slavery. The People can ammend the Constitution to say "France sucks" as long as it's the people doing that and not the Courts interpreting it to say that.

You freakin idiot. Californias passed their own law back in 1999 banning gay marriage. The fact that the Californian Senate wants to go contrary to what they people want shows how dumb they really are as politicians.

Personally I wouldn't mind the people amending the Constitution to ban abortion either any more than i minded the people ammending it to ban slavery. The People can ammend the Constitution to say "France sucks" as long as it's the people doing that and not the Courts interpreting it to say that.

Apparently the matter isn't settled as concretely as you allege or this wouldn't be necessary: from http://www.igs.berkeley.edu/library/htGayMarriage.html

On April 27, 2005, a coalition of faith based political groups called Protect Marriage.Com announced they plan to place a constitutional amendment before California voters that would define marriage as an institution between a man and a woman. The groups says they will submit a proposed initiative to the attorney general within a few weeks to qualify it for the June 2006 ballot.

Gays are going to get legally sanctioned civil unions nationally in the very near future, you might as well get used to the idea.

Forum List

Back