California, California, California - What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GotZoom, Sep 1, 2005.

1. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- The California Senate approved legislation Thursday that would legalize same-sex marriages, a vote that makes the chamber the first legislative body in the country to approve a gay marriage bill.

The 21-15 vote sets the stage for a showdown in the state Assembly, which narrowly rejected a gay marriage bill in June.

"Equality is equality, period," said one of the bill's supporters, Democratic Sen. Liz Figueroa. "When I leave this Legislature I want to be able to tell my grandchildren I stood up for dignity and rights for all."

Sen. Dennis Hollingsworth, a Republican, said the bill was not the right thing to do. "We should protect traditional marriage and hold all of those values and institutions that have made our society and keep our society together today," he said.

Same-sex marriages are legal in only one state, Massachusetts, under a 2003 court ruling.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/01/gay.marriage.ap/index.html

2. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

then why do those who oppose it not shop it to a Appeals court to overturn it... like the morons who did the same to the voters who voted to make same sex marriages illegal? :rolleyes: California is full of fools and idiots...in my opinion.........................!!!!!

3. Allanon68

Allanon68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Who cares if gays get married. That doesnt affect my life at all. I dont care what they do. Neither should you.

4. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Hummmm...is that Liz or Lesbian? Okay Les, pair em up and run a test....1 Male Homo couple,
    1 female Homo couple and 1 Hetro couple...Now the first to procreate NATURALLY wins.
    Whatda ya say? NO? Well good then cause ya know two of the couples are going to become extinct, and this is not so good for the longevity of society. The good news is, only the superior will survive.
    Scream EQUAL all ya want, fact is it's not. Life in the REAL world is more like it.

Well, my guess is all you'll be able to tell them is "bend over sweetie here it comes", I did it to
    the state and I can do you too!

*Man I'm bitchy today!!!*

5. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I care about the increasing costs of health care(for one) which can be traced to your wonderful 'happy partners' issue as well as being force fed the acceptance of something I find not only immature sexually but vulgar in public...keep it in the privacy of your bedroom and I have no issue...as this is between you and our maker! :whip:

6. Allanon68

Allanon68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well someone else might watch you kiss your wife in public who might be incredibly ugly and they might think that is vulgar, so should we ban marriage to ugly people ?

7. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Last I checked, the Bible didn't say "Thou shalt not be ugly."

8. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Had two wives in my past...both were knockouts...never kiss a frog! this goes forward to todays date...ya wanta kiss something that plumbing does not match...be my guest...but not in public! :321:

gotta run bbq is just about ready...have a nice immature sex life little one! :ssex:

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    You have to get MUCH better than that to survive here.

10. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    LOL another fool in a long list. Please explain how this does not effect you or America in any way, please explain how homosexuality is normal and natural.....the factual reasons against your position are all over this board tenfold.