CAIR Launches Website Exposing America's 'Islamophobia Network'

The UK government is blissfully ignorant and the pressure is building.

Blissfully ignorant? The word I would use is "complicit".

Add in the idiocy provided by their media where the witch hunt for "Islamophobes" takes precedence over protecting their children, and I would say there is plenty of blame to be spread around.
Yes, I'm quite sure you are happily anticipating a genocide against Muslims.

Well damn. Muslims are Brits to. WTF?

Muslims are as much Brits as Fallon Fox is a woman.

eyebrow-plucking-makes-you-a-lady.jpg

Britain is a Christian nation with a Christian history. You can't be a Muslim and be a Brit, the best you can ever be is a faux-Brit.

Bull.
You have a very American view of the world, one divorced from blood and soil. Can you become Japanese? Can a Muslim from Nigeria also become a Japanese person?

No, Islam is a religion of 1.2 billion people. The vast majority don't hold to violent ideals. However, those that do, STILL number over 250 MILLION. That should give one pause. And I think CAIR itself is digging itself a hole. I would like to see their Islamophobe lists countered by lists of known Islamic terrorist organizations that one should not interact with.

They are too one sided for me.

Brigitte Gabriel addresses this point beautifully and her comments (in the video below) answered all the remaining questions I had about the moderate Muslims and how to regard them.

Watch.

Good video. Me thinks the SPLC will label her an extremist any day now.

LOLOL

Good one!

:D

Good for her. I have a feeling that there are going to be some very violent outbursts in the UK and that the Muslims are going to be sent home.....those that survive. I have quite a few friends in the UK and they are getting fed up with it. The UK government is blissfully ignorant and the pressure is building.

Well damn. Muslims are Brits too.

Brigitte Gabriel - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

She's a Maronite Christian based on the article.

Britain is a Christian nation with a Christian history. You can't be a Muslim and be a Brit, the best you can ever be is a faux-Brit.

Before it was a "Christian" nation it was Roman. Before Roman it was the Brigantes and Belgae. Before that it was Celtic and Picts with their Druidism. Religion doesn't make you "British" nor does it preclude you from being a Brit. However, intolerance of others and their views and religions....THAT is un British.

Before it was a "Christian" nation it was Roman. Before Roman it was the Brigantes and Belgae. Before that it was Celtic and Picts with their Druidism. Religion doesn't make you "British" nor does it preclude you from being a Brit. However, intolerance of others and their views and religions....THAT is un British.

You think that all of those transitions were peaceful? Identities are forged, they're not conjured up by dictates. Can a police officer or a judge force you to love your wife?

For example - I don't see support among moderate Muslims for killing unbelievers, or the things ISIS is doing.

News from Friday, Oct. 17. 2014. ISIS is not the Lahore High Court of Pakistan where learned judges make their decisions:

A Pakistani high court has upheld the death sentence given to Asia Bibi, a jailed Christian woman convicted of blasphemy in 2010, whose case at the time played into an atmosphere of recrimination and spawned several murders of prominent human rights and political figures.

Ms. Bibi’s lawyers had asked the Lahore High Court to overturn the death sentence which was handed down after she had a row with Muslim women neighbors at a village well in Pakistan’s Punjab province. . . .

The Lahore death sentence came during a period of extreme attacks on Christians and minorities. In 2010 the governor of Punjab, Salmaan Taseer, visited Bibi in jail and was shortly after shot dead in Islamabad by his guard, who assumed that Mr. Taseer opposed the blasphemy law and supported Bibi.

In March 2011, the Federal Minister for Minorities, Shahbaz Bhatti – who questioned the laws and was photographed with Bibi's husband – was also assassinated in Islamabad.

You think that all of those transitions were peaceful? Identities are forged, they're not conjured up by dictates. Can a police officer or a judge force you to love your wife?

Tell that to the Gurkhas who have fought and bled for the British Empire for nigh on to 200 years. They love the UK almost as much (and in some cases more than) their homeland. They are one of MANY ethnic and religious groups who have fought for Britain. There are dozens of Indian and Nepalese men who received the Victoria Cross for heroism. They didn't do that because they didn't like Britain.

Yes, I'm quite sure you are happily anticipating a genocide against Muslims.

What a repulsively stupid statement. How did you get to be a moderator, anyway?

Yes, if a person is disgusted by the sexual abuse of children, then they are obviously for genocide :eusa_doh:

For example - I don't see support among moderate Muslims for killing unbelievers, or the things ISIS is doing.

News from Friday, Oct. 17. 2014. ISIS is not the Lahore High Court of Pakistan where learned judges make their decisions:

A Pakistani high court has upheld the death sentence given to Asia Bibi, a jailed Christian woman convicted of blasphemy in 2010, whose case at the time played into an atmosphere of recrimination and spawned several murders of prominent human rights and political figures.

Ms. Bibi’s lawyers had asked the Lahore High Court to overturn the death sentence which was handed down after she had a row with Muslim women neighbors at a village well in Pakistan’s Punjab province. . . .

The Lahore death sentence came during a period of extreme attacks on Christians and minorities. In 2010 the governor of Punjab, Salmaan Taseer, visited Bibi in jail and was shortly after shot dead in Islamabad by his guard, who assumed that Mr. Taseer opposed the blasphemy law and supported Bibi.

In March 2011, the Federal Minister for Minorities, Shahbaz Bhatti – who questioned the laws and was photographed with Bibi's husband – was also assassinated in Islamabad.
How we have had anything much to do with Pakistan is outright amazing to me (billions given to them over time?).. How we have had anything to do with any such tribal factions or such nations in which support tribalism along with separatisim within and among such nations is just amazing to me (what was in it for us again?). I mean what has this nation gained by it all over time ? One thing about people who have been or are out in the world being oppressed like we have seen in many cases, is that they become corrupted by such oppression over time. Then we entertain them here with their corruption still intact (hard to get t out of themselves), and then what do they do ? They bring that same corruption into our nation like a virus, except that they are supported by the US government over the American citizens who are already here (huge handouts or a big hand up is given them, while many Americans who work hard get nothing from the US government but misery instead). I've seen this now, and so how idiot is all of this again ? Fast as a rabbit running, the Americans are becoming the jackasses of the world, because the world is looking on us as fools, and it is thinking how stupid are those Americans again ? We have to make a stand on what we can all agree on in which is American principles and standards once again or we are done ourselves being a country that is supposedly United around those things. Sorry to say that I have dealt with specific peoples who have come from other countries, and you wouldn't believe how corrupt these people can be. Now not all of them are corrupt I would venture to say, but I have met those who are, and then meeting them more than I would have thought there would be in numbers wise who are like this, it has been an eye opener for me as the average American.

Have we been sold down the river for the purpose of big business or just business in general I wonder ? Why have all these things gone down over the years now in this nation ? Why has the feds seemed to have had an agenda to destroy certain elements in this nation over time, to then replace them with others over time ? Has the judgements been right or have they been unjust and wrong headed when dealing with the Americans as it has been dealt with over time ? Many questions to ponder now for the Americans, and especially by everything that is being witnessed and experienced now in America or in the world by those who call themselves Americans and/or Christians out in the world.

Considering that Pakistan ranks #1 for religious hostility and intolerance on both a social and governmental level, why on earth are you using it as an example of "moderate Islam"?

However, intolerance of others and their views and religions....THAT is un British.

....which would describe a very large percentage of Muslims living in Britain.

They are the the least tolerant segment of the population by far.

Least tolerant of what?

Tolerance towards homosexuals? Muslim communities in general tend to be conservative on matters of sex and are among the least tolerant towards gay rights. Opinion polls generally support that. However, I think it's important to recognize that this level of tolerance is not a long standing British value - it's one that has gained ground slowly and painfully and much of the non-western world lags behind as do traditionally religious groups. That doesn't mean that greater tolerance isn't possible, won't happen or isn't happening now or that pressure shouldn't be applied to push for greater tolerance and recognition of homosexuals and their rights.

Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality says poll UK news theguardian.com

The survey, the Gallup Coexist Index 2009, concluded that while European Muslims not only accepted but welcomed the freedoms, democratic institutions, justice, and human rights that characterised their societies, their perceived lack of integration was often explained by their rejection of liberal, sexual mores.

It said: "Some researchers point out that the greatest differences between Muslims and westerners lie more in eros than demos. In other words, the Muslim-west gap rests on differences in attitudes toward sexual liberalisation and gender issues rather than democracy and governance.

On the other hand, there are other types of intolerance. For example religious intolerance.

Some interesting perspectives on tolerance in Britain:

From June 2014: Who Is More Likely To Be Ashamed To Be British - Scots Or Muslims
Scottish people are more likely than Muslims to say they are not proud to be British, a new poll has found, but the research also showed some non-religious Brits still believe that Muslims should not celebrate their religion openly.

Sixty-three per cent of British Muslims declare themselves proud to be British, while the number who do not share that pride is just 13% – less than the 17% of Scots who say the same.

According to the YouGov opinion poll on behalf of the charity Islamic Relief to mark the beginning of Ramadan, a quarter of non-Muslims believe that the holy month should not be openly celebrated in this country.

“This poll paints a very different picture of the British Muslim community from the extremist caricature that is sometimes peddled by certain politicians and in some sections of the media,” Channel 4 broadcaster Jon Snow said at the charity's fundraising dinner Thursday night.

"Seventy per cent of British Muslims say they believe in 'freedom, tolerance of others, accepting personal and social responsibility, and respecting and upholding the rule of law' – the core values of Britishness as recently defined by David Cameron – while a tiny 6% do not.”

....The survey results come just days after thousands of young British Muslim men from the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association took part in a rally to defend British values and promising to reject recruitment into radical groups.

o-UNION-JACK-MUSLIM-570.jpg

Has Islam-bashing tarnished ‘tolerant Britain?’
Yet all is not lost. The majority of the British population reject the UKIP line with around 62% seeing it as racist or attractive to racists. British Muslims are climbing the ladder to the top in most professions increasingly engaged in British public life. But UKIP’s popularity, fleeting or not, should not be ignored and its anti-Islamic, xenophobic rhetoric properly shown up for what it is. It is a warning shot both to the Muslim community that for its own sake needs leadership and strategy to move forward and to the political establishment that has still lamentably failed to engage maturely with British Muslims and ethnic minorities. The legitimate public concerns and fears that UKIP has profited from such as the future of the EU and mass immigration must be addressed but shorn of the racist hate-fest that too many of its core membership embrace.

Quarter of young British people do not trust Muslims - BBC Newsbeat
Of the 1,000 young people questioned, 28% said Britain would be better off with fewer Muslims, while 44% said Muslims did not share the same values as the rest of the population.

Attitudes to Muslims British Religion in Numbers
Another article exploring views on the aftermath of the youtube film "Innocence of Muslims". While a lot of attention has been paid to the Muslim outrage and calls for banning the film and prosecuting the maker of it as examples of Islamic intolerance in Britain, a substantial number of British express a similar view.

Britain as a whole is an extremely diverse and tolerant society and it appears that it's Muslim population reflects that tolerance with the notable exception of attitudes towards homosexuality. They appear to be tolerant of other religions, largely British in culture, attitudes and views towards governance. There are always going to be examples of intolerance (cue - honor killing article) but it doesn't seem to jive with the claim of "least tolerant by far" of others and their views and religions. The other aspect to consider is that Britain's Muslims come from a vast array of immigrant cultures covering Asia, N Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe - each of whom bring with them their own cultural background and have been in Britain for differing lengths of time. Is it accurate to paint them as one homogenous group?

Tell that to the Gurkhas who have fought and bled for the British Empire for nigh on to 200 years. They love the UK almost as much (and in some cases more than) their homeland. They are one of MANY ethnic and religious groups who have fought for Britain. There are dozens of Indian and Nepalese men who received the Victoria Cross for heroism. They didn't do that because they didn't like Britain.

Don't be a silly billy. Gurkhas don't join because they magically love some distant foreign land, they join because a.) many of their fellows have joined, b.) it's a good way to make a living, and c.) it enhances their status in Nepal. They fight for their unit, not for love of tea and crumpets.

However, intolerance of others and their views and religions....THAT is un British.

Least tolerant of what?

Tolerance towards homosexuals? Muslim communities in general tend to be conservative on matters of sex and are among the least tolerant towards gay rights. Opinion polls generally support that. However, I think it's important to recognize that this level of tolerance is not a long standing British value - it's one that has gained ground slowly and painfully and much of the non-western world lags behind as do traditionally religious groups. That doesn't mean that greater tolerance isn't possible, won't happen or isn't happening now or that pressure shouldn't be applied to push for greater tolerance and recognition of homosexuals and their rights.

Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality says poll UK news theguardian.com

The survey, the Gallup Coexist Index 2009, concluded that while European Muslims not only accepted but welcomed the freedoms, democratic institutions, justice, and human rights that characterised their societies, their perceived lack of integration was often explained by their rejection of liberal, sexual mores.

It said: "Some researchers point out that the greatest differences between Muslims and westerners lie more in eros than demos. In other words, the Muslim-west gap rests on differences in attitudes toward sexual liberalisation and gender issues rather than democracy and governance.

On the other hand, there are other types of intolerance. For example religious intolerance.

From June 2014: Who Is More Likely To Be Ashamed To Be British - Scots Or Muslims
Scottish people are more likely than Muslims to say they are not proud to be British, a new poll has found, but the research also showed some non-religious Brits still believe that Muslims should not celebrate their religion openly.

Sixty-three per cent of British Muslims declare themselves proud to be British, while the number who do not share that pride is just 13% – less than the 17% of Scots who say the same.

According to the YouGov opinion poll on behalf of the charity Islamic Relief to mark the beginning of Ramadan, a quarter of non-Muslims believe that the holy month should not be openly celebrated in this country.

“This poll paints a very different picture of the British Muslim community from the extremist caricature that is sometimes peddled by certain politicians and in some sections of the media,” Channel 4 broadcaster Jon Snow said at the charity's fundraising dinner Thursday night.

"Seventy per cent of British Muslims say they believe in 'freedom, tolerance of others, accepting personal and social responsibility, and respecting and upholding the rule of law' – the core values of Britishness as recently defined by David Cameron – while a tiny 6% do not.”

....The survey results come just days after thousands of young British Muslim men from the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association took part in a rally to defend British values and promising to reject recruitment into radical groups.

Yet all is not lost. The majority of the British population reject the UKIP line with around 62% seeing it as racist or attractive to racists. British Muslims are climbing the ladder to the top in most professions increasingly engaged in British public life. But UKIP’s popularity, fleeting or not, should not be ignored and its anti-Islamic, xenophobic rhetoric properly shown up for what it is. It is a warning shot both to the Muslim community that for its own sake needs leadership and strategy to move forward and to the political establishment that has still lamentably failed to engage maturely with British Muslims and ethnic minorities. The legitimate public concerns and fears that UKIP has profited from such as the future of the EU and mass immigration must be addressed but shorn of the racist hate-fest that too many of its core membership embrace.

Of the 1,000 young people questioned, 28% said Britain would be better off with fewer Muslims, while 44% said Muslims did not share the same values as the rest of the population.

Another article exploring views on the aftermath of the youtube film "Innocence of Muslims". While a lot of attention has been paid to the Muslim outrage and calls for banning the film and prosecuting the maker of it as examples of Islamic intolerance in Britain, a substantial number of British express a similar view.

Britain as a whole is an extremely diverse and tolerant society and it appears that it's Muslim population reflects that tolerance with the notable exception of attitudes towards homosexuality. They appear to be tolerant of other religions, largely British in culture, attitudes and views towards governance. There are always going to be examples of intolerance (cue - honor killing article) but it doesn't seem to jive with the claim of "least tolerant by far" of others and their views and religions. The other aspect to consider is that Britain's Muslims come from a vast array of immigrant cultures covering Asia, N Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe - each of whom bring with them their own cultural background and have been in Britain for differing lengths of time. Is it accurate to paint them as one homogenous group?

Are you a member of Nation of Islam?

You were calling people "crackers" in another thread.

Speaking of intolerance, however, 2/3 of British Muslims want criticism of Islam to be an offense punishable by law.

Least tolerant of what?

Are you a member of Nation of Islam?

You were calling people "crackers" in another thread.

Speaking of intolerance, however, 2/3 of British Muslims want criticism of Islam to be an offense punishable by law.

What? I called people crackers? I don't think I've ever done that - link please.

Do you have a link to that claim 2/3 want criticism of Islam to be punishable?

How is that less tolerant than those calling for a ban on the veil in Britain? (beyond the common sense in certain occupations)?

Forum List

Back