Bush’s Marker

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Judi called to mind a topic that was hot 10 or so years ago.

Back in 2005 when the UN announced it was branching out into a $1.5-billion building expansion saying they were too “cramped for space” at Turtle Bay, Trump told them he could put them up for a fraction of the price.

(Ten years later, they’re still building it, Donald, and we can only imagine the cost overrun today).

They didn’t listen to Trump then and now that the mainstream media is hell bent for leather as he tries for the GOP nod on a run at the 2016 presidency, they sure won’t now.

Don’t worry about ‘Climate Security’, Global warming gang’s got you covered
By Judi McLeod
July 28, 2015

Don t worry about Climate Security Global warming gang s got you covered

The saddest part of renovating United Nations headquarters was that a few well-intentioned senators could not get Congress to stop the ripoff. No matter what senators learned about the loan, nothing was done 10 years ago or today. The joke is that American taxpayers will repay a loan to themselves.

Who did it?

Bush the Younger pushed the renovation loan to the United Nations. At the time I attempted to scotch a rumor that my opponents were spreading “Flanders hates the UN.” In an effort to show my deep love and respect for the United Nations, I said President Bush should give the UN an outright gift. Present the Kennel Club with a choice. Take the renovation loan, or accept an outright gift of a spanking, brand new, headquarters in the country of Goofy’ Annan’s choice —— assuming that another country would have them —— but not in the United States.

No matter what new construction would cost, Americans would be ahead of the game just to get rid of that outfit. After it’s gone from America’s shores, Congress can get on with the business of passing then-Rep. Ron Paul’s H.R. 1146.

If the UN accepted the gift, I suggested their new clubhouse be located in Baghdad, or Peking, or Damascus, or Paris, or even London.

Should the UN decide that it wants to stay in the United States, then I will accept this compromise: One of the islands way out on the Aleutian Chain.

Ultimately, it is not fair to blame Jeb Bush for his big brother’s bad loan, but it would be fair if The Donald asks Jeb if he intends to pick up his brother’s marker.

Why is Donald Trump the expert? Answer: The entire video about the United Nations from 2005 is fascinating, but if you only want to hear Trump talk facts and figures slide the cursor to 1:35:19.

July 21, 2005
United Nations Headquarters Renovation​

p.s. Trump’s only fault was saying he likes the United Nations. I’d like to hear how he feels about it today.

Forum List

Back