Bush was crucified for having a deck of cards, Obama is praised for having a hit list

What is the reference to the deck of cards? The playing cards with Iraqi targets on the cards? Who crucified Bush for the cards, and who is praising Obama for the kill list?

Yes, I distinctly remember MSNBC referring to is as Bush's assassin list.

Well, you must watch MSNBC nite and day then....because I don't remember anything about any deck of cards with reference to Bush.

The Bush administration came up with a deck of cards that really just included Iraqi officials. It wasn't an "assassination" list. And all of the guys listed had nothing to do with Terrorism. By the way..Bush took Saddam's pistol as a trophy.

Way to spike that ball..eh?

Well, you must watch MSNBC nite and day then....because I don't remember anything about any deck of cards with reference to Bush.

The Bush administration came up with a deck of cards that really just included Iraqi officials. It wasn't an "assassination" list. And all of the guys listed had nothing to do with Terrorism. By the way..Bush took Saddam's pistol as a trophy.

Way to spike that ball..eh?

It was a wanted dead or alive list. Bounties and all. Dunno what rock she's been under.

On one of the news shows last week it was pointed out a lot of the information the Obama administration has gotten to track down and kill these terrorist came from the Bush administration I'm sure some did how much I don't know and people can debate that. Here is the worry with the drone strikes and just killing the people any information of value these people have dies with them any any documents information on computers cell phones is destroyed in the attack.Your not getting intel from the people killed or at the attack site so what happens when the intel you do have dries up? I'm by no means against using the drone strikes but by using them so much we are killing the goose that laid the golden intelligence egg and that could come back to bite us.

I've been arguing with idiots since as far back as 2004, telling them that the way to fight the war on terror was to go directly after individual terrorists, or groups of terrorists, and kill them wherever they were,

as opposed to what the conservatives I was arguing with were claiming, which was to fight conventional wars like Iraq,

i.e., to do exactly the WRONG thing to try to defeat the terrorists.

:clap:

I use to call it "The knife fight in the dark".

Not pretty..not glorious..but it gets the job done.

Actually, the best way to go after them is show them that they or their loved ones have no safe place to hide. However we're too civilized to do this. Seems Obama will kill them, and anyone that's with them, but it's too limited. We have the capacity for greater levels of destruction, so what this all amounts to is half-measures. Instead of blowing them away we give them something on the level of a cowardly IED from the sky.

Last edited:
So 10 whole people saw this? Having a 10 minute segment on the subject on a program no one watches is far different than the hourly coverage code pink got for months on end.

You claimed MSNBC wasn't covering opposition to the drone attacks. I proved you wrong. Now shut up.

You're lying again. Why do you lie so much? I never mentioned drone attacks.

This thread and my comments are about "the list"

You really should work on your reading comprehension.

Apparently you don't even know what this so-called hit list is about.

You claimed MSNBC wasn't covering opposition to the drone attacks. I proved you wrong. Now shut up.

Apparently you can't grasp that this thread is about the hypocrisy of the left.

Got it? Let me be clear, I'M NOT JUDGING EITHER METHOD

What is the reference to the deck of cards? The playing cards with Iraqi targets on the cards? Who crucified Bush for the cards, and who is praising Obama for the kill list?

MSNBC was talking about it yesterday morning.

I did a double-take on it because it sounded worse than Fox News. They were practically tarring and feathering Obama on the subject.

However they quickly switched to another topic and propped him up. Now this apparent schizoid act is essentially an attempt to appear non-biased. If they say one thing that bashes Obama it gives them some credibility, they think.

Bush was crucified for having a deck of cards, Obama is praised for having a hit list

Big difference. Obama's (actually) DOING something with his list!! Lil' Dumbya's cards were nothing more than a garden-variety marketing-scam; remembrances of the Bush Years.​

And Obama's hit list has American names on it.

McVeigh_mugshot.jpg

April 23, 1968 - June 11, 2001

I've been arguing with idiots since as far back as 2004, telling them that the way to fight the war on terror was to go directly after individual terrorists, or groups of terrorists, and kill them wherever they were,

as opposed to what the conservatives I was arguing with were claiming, which was to fight conventional wars like Iraq,

Actually, the best way to go after them is show them that they or their loved ones have no safe place to hide. However we're too civilized to do this. Seems Obama will kill them, and anyone that's with them, but it's too limited. We have the capacity for greater levels of destruction, so what this all amounts to is half-measures. Instead of blowing them away we give them something on the level of a cowardly IED from the sky.

Well no it isn't.

It winds up pissing people off.

Most people can sort of accept the collaterial damage thing..and killing terrorists that have or will attack you.

They aren't so inclined to accept far reaching brutality.

Fighting terrorism is a "battle" on two fronts. One you must kill the terrorists and those plotting terrorism to show strength. The other part of that equation is addressing root cause to show humility. One without the other..doesn't work.

I'm on the left. I've always supported killing terrorists with special ops type actions.

How does that make me a hypocrite?

You could oppose the Iraq war and support killing individual terrorists without being hypocritical,

so your whole premise is false.

And Obama's hit list has American names on it. Where the fuck is Code Pink?

Well.....ya' gotta consider everyone's concerns......

Besides Lil' Dumbya being a......

......his preference for the Death Penalty, as......

.....troubled MOST people.​

I'm on the left. I've always supported killing terrorists with special ops type actions.

Are you the entire left? Do you hold yourself as representative of the entire left? Do you claim to speak for the entire left?

Your opinion is anecdotal.

Are you the entire left? Do you hold yourself as representative of the entire left? Do you claim to speak for the entire left?

Your opinion is anecdotal.

To quote Grandpa:

We have the capacity for greater levels of destruction, so what this all amounts to is half-measures. Instead of blowing them away we give them something on the level of a cowardly IED from the sky.
So, you're a big fan o' carpet-bombing the entire Country, huh?

Yeah....that made a huge difference, in 'Nam.

handjob.gif

Forum List

Back