Bush says, "Pardon"

To be fair, you'd have to see the Request sent to the white house to know.

But the thought is pretty funny. IMO.

I understand. I just think this is one area where "we, the people" deserve an explanation. After all, those people were convicted by juries of their peers -- "we, the people."

I understand. I just think this is one area where "we, the people" deserve an explanation. After all, those people were convicted by juries of their peers -- "we, the people."

how can our government explain a damn thing to "we, the people" ? If they knew what they were doing and could explain it to us we would probably kill em all. :lol:

Yeah...but the president's right to issue pardons is pretty much unassailable. Might be prudent, though, to issue a statement as to why someone is issued a pardon.

Yeah...but the president's right to issue pardons is pretty much unassailable. Might be prudent, though, to issue a statement as to why someone is issued a pardon.

Yeah, I read that too. I would say it's prudent. As it stands at face value, I don't agree with the majority of them.

how can our government explain a damn thing to "we, the people" ? If they knew what they were doing and could explain it to us we would probably kill em all. :lol:

I think you just proved why their can be no transparency in the government, they want to live.

I agree with Gunny... why the druggies and drug dealers??? Absolutely ridiculous...

Now we just have to wait for the resident druggies and potheads to start claiming this as a victory towards their cause :rolleyes:

I don't get some of the pardons. Why would he pardon drug dealers?

Maybe because they convinced him the Courts were wrong in some manner. That is better than pardoning people the Justice Department wants to catch and prosecute before they can and after their X wife gives you hundreds of thousands of dollars for your Library.

I agree with Gunny... why the druggies and drug dealers??? Absolutely ridiculous...

Now we just have to wait for the resident druggies and potheads to start claiming this as a victory towards their cause :rolleyes:

not a victory Dave "a mandate" donchaknow?
:eusa_whistle:

Maybe it was his dealer when he was in college. :eusa_whistle:

just kidding....

well, sorta kinda....

LOL, I thought chris/kirk or sealy boo would have made that connection......

Aren't you going to miss GWB jillian?

shit, bill clinton pardoned this many while he brushed his teeth, and made a buck doing it, too..

he really WAS better at everything than bush.
:lol:

Well, I heard Bill Clinton had good oral

hygene.......:eusa_whistle:

I read this list, and it does not go into a lot of details as to who these people are so I can only assume there is a lot more to these stories than just this short article. Like for example the guy convicted of illegally obtaining food stamps, was he given a 100 year prison term or something to merit a Presidential pardon? The drug crimes though seem a bit odd too, as anyone involved in drugs such as dealing and trafficing should be left to rot , but again that is a personal opinion and obviously not one shared by the President. I was a little curious though especially about the Duke Cunningham one and wonder if the President will Pardon him or not, any thoughts?

That was my first question.

No real need to pardon him. He already had the sentence commuted, so Libby walks free instead of sitting behind bars getting a dick in his ugly ass on the daily.

That's good enough for everyone, and Bush doesn't take heat for pardoning him.

It's only like another year or something anyway, right?

Forum List

Back