Bush, Obama jobs chart

I told you, the right wing narrative would change.

"Change?"

They will blame the past administration for all the problems of the present?

As well they should.

Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in American history.

Obama will probably be one of the best.

Probably not unless he gets shot.

Americans like to memorialize Presidents with more holes in them when they leave office than when they came in.

The facts are going to bury the right in 2012.

They will have no leg to stand on

"Change?"

They will blame the past administration for all the problems of the present?

As well they should.

Oh you have to be kidding me...

Not kidding at all.

Obama was left with two wars, a economy on the verge of another great depression, the collapse of the housing industry and the automobile industry, plus the reform of healthcare, and the loss of America's prestige all around the world.....and he took the correct steps to move things in the right direction in spite of fierce opposition from the Republicans and the corporate media such as FoxLies.

As well they should.

Not kidding at all.

Obama was left with two wars, a economy on the verge of another great depression, the collapse of the housing industry and the automobile industry, plus the reform of healthcare, and the loss of America's prestige all around the world.....and he took the correct steps to move things in the right direction in spite of fierce opposition from the Republicans and the corporate media such as FoxLies.
completely fucking delusional

Not kidding at all.

must be something about the name "chris".

Not kidding at all.

must be something about the name "chris".
he's not the only one on here that thinks this delusionally
you have truthnevermatters and oldrocks and several others

clusterstock-4-2-2010-chart-of-jobs-lost-in-bush-and-obama-administrations.png

Bush became president in 2007?

For most of his presidency, the Dubya unemployment rate was under 6%.

Unemployment was 7.2% when Dubya left office.

It didn't reach 6% until August 2008.

Haven't seen that promised 8% since January 2009.

Unemployment rate has been stuck at 9.7% for the past three months.

So why did we spend a trillion dollars?

The United States Unemployment Rate

So that unemployment would eventually stabilize. Without the stimulus money, designed specifically to help states close their budget shortfalls also due to the recession, states would have been required to make deep budget cuts in essential services plus lay off thousands of employees, making the recession even more severe.

The government only creates jobs at the expense of private sector jobs. There is no free lunch, and the CBO said as much in 2009. Since then the stimulus has failed to prevent the unemployment rate from increasing far beyond the 8% promised. It has been a complete failure by any objective standard in both the short-term and long-term. We added a trillion dollars to the national debt and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

"President Obama's economic recovery package will actually hurt the economy more in the long run than if he were to do nothing, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday."

CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul - Washington Times

I see. Then the jobs created by building the Interstate State Highway system cost us jobs and is still costing us jobs? Is that what you are trying to say?

Frankly, this continual "Government can do no right" mantra of the Conservatives is going to bite them in November, as more and more citizens have to rely on government at one level or another in the present unfortunate string of disasters that we are seeing. Disasters either caused by an increasing unstable climate, which the Conservatives deny is happening, or by corperate greed, which the Conservatives fully approve of.

Bush became president in 2007?

For most of his presidency, the Dubya unemployment rate was under 6%.

Unemployment was 7.2% when Dubya left office.

It didn't reach 6% until August 2008.

Haven't seen that promised 8% since January 2009.

Unemployment rate has been stuck at 9.7% for the past three months.

So why did we spend a trillion dollars?

So that unemployment would eventually stabilize. Without the stimulus money, designed specifically to help states close their budget shortfalls also due to the recession, states would have been required to make deep budget cuts in essential services plus lay off thousands of employees, making the recession even more severe.

The government only creates jobs at the expense of private sector jobs. There is no free lunch, and the CBO said as much in 2009. Since then the stimulus has failed to prevent the unemployment rate from increasing far beyond the 8% promised. It has been a complete failure by any objective standard in both the short-term and long-term. We added a trillion dollars to the national debt and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

"President Obama's economic recovery package will actually hurt the economy more in the long run than if he were to do nothing, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday."

CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul - Washington Times

Where were those private sector jobs? What is it people don't *get* about that problem? Had businesses not been closing one right after another due to the lack of credit, there would not have been such a dramatic increase in unemployment. It's a no-brainer, always has been.

If I were you, I wouldn't want to see this chart either...because it DOES make Bush look bad and Obama look good. The Stimulus Bill and other economic measures the Obama administration and the Democratic Congress implemented WORKED...

Gee, doesn't Fox News report this stuff?

:lol: You think I care if Bush looks bad? I blame him directly for allowing dimwits like Obama to get elected. And, yes, the stimulus bill worked if you consider paying $300,000 to save a $50k/year job for a year.

Jeez, does the idiocy never stop? You Obamabots will buy anything. It's really pathetic.

Well here's what you REALLY need to do...blame Bush directly for making TARP and the Stimulus necessary.

AND, for the worst job creation performance of any president.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

payroll-expansion-by-presdient.png

I do blame Bush, the Republican Controlled Congress and the Democrat controlled Congress since 2007 for this mess. Of course, you know I have so I don't know what your deal is. And to say that 23 million jobs were created under President Bill Clinton's Administration is not the same as saying his administration was responsible for any of that. Remember Congress controls spending and there were a lot of other facts like the internet boom. (Of course, Clinton's "bubble" burst and he left with a recession, but let's forget that little detail, eh?) Despite the fact that Clinton did everything for himself and is completely devoid of character, at least he didn't start a war in Iraq. I'll give him that.

Which part of the constitution talks about how the executive branch should have anything to do with overall "jobs" in the country?

:cuckoo:

Nothing specifically, but ironically, those on the far right continue to clamor that Obama doesn't do enough to "provide jobs." Imagine that.

"Those on the far right"?

For example...

Browse through any thread on the economy. Comments abound such as "Obama has done nothing to give us jobs."

:lol: You think I care if Bush looks bad? I blame him directly for allowing dimwits like Obama to get elected. And, yes, the stimulus bill worked if you consider paying $300,000 to save a $50k/year job for a year.

Jeez, does the idiocy never stop? You Obamabots will buy anything. It's really pathetic.

Did you not vote for Bush then? Did you campaign against Bush for some independent candidate? Perhaps the Libertarian candidate?

Did you not vote for him a second time?

I guess hindsight is 20/20 though, right?

Bush was an idiot. I never voted for him or his father. That was a no-brainer.

Next.

Well here's what you REALLY need to do...blame Bush directly for making TARP and the Stimulus necessary.

AND, for the worst job creation performance of any president.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

payroll-expansion-by-presdient.png

I do blame Bush, the Republican Controlled Congress and the Democrat controlled Congress since 2007 for this mess. Of course, you know I have so I don't know what your deal is. And to say that 23 million jobs were created under President Bill Clinton's Administration is not the same as saying his administration was responsible for any of that. Remember Congress controls spending and there were a lot of other facts like the internet boom. (Of course, Clinton's "bubble" burst and he left with a recession, but let's forget that little detail, eh?) Despite the fact that Clinton did everything for himself and is completely devoid of character, at least he didn't start a war in Iraq. I'll give him that.

Clinton had a huge advantage in that his Republican congress was willing to work with him, and vice versa.

Did you not vote for Bush then? Did you campaign against Bush for some independent candidate? Perhaps the Libertarian candidate?

Did you not vote for him a second time?

I guess hindsight is 20/20 though, right?

Bush was an idiot. I never voted for him or his father. That was a no-brainer.

Next.

Bush 41 would have been a good president. Unfortunately, he inherited Reagan's deficit, had to renege on "Read my lips: No new taxes" which was his downfall, and the economy couldn't turn around fast enough for the voting public which even then expected miracles.

Forum List

Back