Bush, Obama jobs chart

Which part of the constitution talks about how the executive branch should have anything to do with overall "jobs" in the country?

:cuckoo:

Gubmint hiring a bunch of new bureaucrats aren't "jobs gained" in any meaningful sense.

When there's some verifiable evidence that any "jobs gained" are in the sector of the workforce that produces things of value for the free economy, come back and tell us about it.

I told you, the right wing narrative would change.
While you're entitled to your opinions, you're not entitled to your own set of skewed facts.

Now, if you want to show some verifiable evidence that a good share of that "increased employment" aren't bureaucrats and temps sitting on their asses under the pretense that they're collecting census data, I'm all ears.

clusterstock-4-2-2010-chart-of-jobs-lost-in-bush-and-obama-administrations.png

I love this chart!

Remind me again, when did the Dems take over Congress?

Bush stole the election from Gore in which year?

Last edited:
Chart is published regularly in USA today.

Thing is, recessions don't usually last this long. We usually shake out after a little more than a year. This one is lasting longer and is goiing deeper than anything since the late 70's.

I m seeing indications that private sector jobs are recovering. But not much.

As dude pointed out, most of the jobs have been temp or government. And the government can't last long where the only jobs are bureaucrats supervising each other.

Gubmint hiring a bunch of new bureaucrats aren't "jobs gained" in any meaningful sense.

When there's some verifiable evidence that any "jobs gained" are in the sector of the workforce that produces things of value for the free economy, come back and tell us about it.

U.S. adds 290,000 jobs in April - Economic Report - MarketWatch, WSJ

Excluding temporary Census workers, nonfarm jobs rose a seasonally adjusted 224,000, the Labor Department said Friday. The unemployment rate ticked up to 9.9% from 9.7% owing to a big increase in the labor force. Read the full report on the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Web site.

Nearly all of the job growth, minus Census workers, took place in the private sector. Government employment was basically flat.

Business Insider - 290,000 New Jobs Created In April

Nonfarm payroll employment rose by 290,000 in April, the unemployment rate edged up to 9.9 percent, and the labor force increased sharply, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Job gains occurred in manufacturing, professional and business services, health care, and leisure and hospitality. Federal government employment also rose, reflecting continued hiring of temporary workers for Census 2010.

Manufacturing added 44,000 jobs in April.

Mining added 7,000 jobs in April

In April, construction employment edged up (14,000), following an increase of 26,000 in March. Over the month, nonresidential building and heavy construction added 9,000 jobs each.

Employment in professional and business services rose by 80,000 in April. Temporary help services continued to add jobs (26,000); employment in this industry has increased by 330,000 since September 2009.

In April, health care employment grew by 20,000, including a gain of 6,000 in hospitals. Over the past year, health care employment has increased by 244,000.

Employment rose by 45,000 in leisure and hospitality over the month. Much of this increase occurred in accommodation and food services, which added 29,000 jobs. Food services employment has risen by 84,000 over the past 4 months, while accommodation has added 18,000 jobs over the past 3 months.

Federal government employment was up in April, reflecting the hiring of 66,000 temporary workers for the decennial census.

Oh, you mean like hedge fund managers, derivatives speculators and owners of shell companies overseas? CEO's of banks who wreck the global economy and duck out with their millions (or stay on for some reason and STILL get millions) before the fit hits the shan? Or do you mean the everyday working folks who haven't seen a raise or a bonus in 3 years and who are now even farther behind the cost of living increases/mortgages etc? For some reason, I am not thinking you are referring to the latter. Oh and we PRODUCE very little in this country.

The Porkulus Bill with 9000 earmarks created Millions of jobs.

No wait, we meant "saved" millions of jobs.

No wait, we meant just "government" jobs were saved, and when the money runs out, they are screwed.

Ahh, quit asking about the Porkulus Bill..............

Democrat Congress Elected, Job Losses Resulted. Obama Elected, Major Huge Job Losses Resulted!!! Obama drops in the polls, Jobs Try to Recover.

fredgraph.png

Last edited:
I didn't make the claim or post the pretty colored chart, so the onus isn't on me.

Yes you did. I'll even quote you..

"Gubmint hiring a bunch of new bureaucrats aren't "jobs gained" in any meaningful sense."

Please show that the increase of jobs are Govt bureaucrats....
You have heard that a zillion temp workers have been hired to sit around and pretend they're taking the census, haven't you?

In fact, one of them posts here and has testified that the whole thing is a monumental Chinese fire drill and purposeful waste of money.

If you have proof that he's a census taker and making those kinds of claims, then isn't it your duty as a fine American citizen to report him? I suppose not, though. How else would you be able to obtain negative information on the census project.

Bush became president in 2007?

For most of his presidency, the Dubya unemployment rate was under 6%.

Unemployment was 7.2% when Dubya left office.

It didn't reach 6% until August 2008.

Haven't seen that promised 8% since January 2009.

Unemployment rate has been stuck at 9.7% for the past three months.

So why did we spend a trillion dollars?

The United States Unemployment Rate

So that unemployment would eventually stabilize. Without the stimulus money, designed specifically to help states close their budget shortfalls also due to the recession, states would have been required to make deep budget cuts in essential services plus lay off thousands of employees, making the recession even more severe.

New Topics

Forum List

Back