Bush Is No Clinton, We Can All Agree On That

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Steyn on Bush, he's right about what he does well:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...0102.xml&sSheet=/opinion/2005/11/01/ixop.html

2. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Yeah...Goatboy just lied about consensual sex in the Oval Office. Dubbyuh lied about the justifications for war...No comparison.

3. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Those are not the only differences! Let us not forget that Goatboy sold some pretty good stuff to China and North Korea. Dubbyuh didn't. Clinton did zero about the terrorists; obviously, Bush did far more. Clinton made sure he was despised by members of the military, Bush is at least respected by that community.

I still wonder why the heck we went into Bosnia....at least we have reasons for going into Iraq (whether you agree with them or not).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Just this once kind sir, let's try to keep on the topic of the article: Bush has taken quite a few risky steps in office. If they don't pan out, history can be pretty brutal.

Clinton on the other hand, was more like Ike, keep the masses happy and don't screw up a good thing.

5. Plasticweld

Plasticweld Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7

Good men are both well hated and well liked. The passion against Bush is a tribute to some of the stands he has taken, I don't remember a similar passion from the right against Clinton; he did have by partisian support on many of his programs. The level of hate on the far left has made and support for even a good program imposible.
    I do agree that history will find Clinton to have been remembered for little and Bush for being bold. While I do not agree with everything Bush has done, I never once have heard the public or the press accuse him of taking a poll and then formulating an opinion or policy, something that was quite common in Clinton's two terms

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

You nailed it :)

7. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Yeah, Bush didn't sell military technology to anyone--he just sold out a US intelligence officer so that his justifications for war would go unchallenged. :eek:

8. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    You don't remember a similar passion against Clinton? I guess impeachment isn't passionate enough for you.:rolleyes: You never hear of Bush taking polls because he doesn't give a sh*t what we think. You saw the Miers nomination, which is the latest gaffe to have been commited by this president. Government is supposed to reflect the minds of the people. But you think polling the people to gauge public opinion is a bad idea? I guess blindly putting your trust into the whims of a C student frat boy is more of a rational mindset.:rolleyes:

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    It's really very simple Liberals loved Clinton because he stood for nothing, made no judgments about right or wrong, he was just a coardboard cutout occupying and in some cases defiling the Oval office.
    Liberals hate Bush because he actually takes a stand for things and is actually willing to call evil what it is EVIL!! Makes em nervous :eek:

10. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Come on Bonnie, if you went to a liberal and asked him why they liked Clinton they most certainly would not respond with "I liked him because he stood for nothing!"