Bush is just a beebee in a WAR he doesn't understand

Psychoblues said:
so many unanswered posts from only a few. Banned is Comefreak for a few here. Why not present intelligible argument and stop all the name calling?

Psychoblues

I don't know, how DOES one respond to unintelligeng gibberish and outright lies?

Calling you a lying sack of shit and a dumbass works for me. :cool:

Bullypulpit said:
I truly don't care if Republicans or Democrats run the government, so long as they remember their places. They are servants of the people, ALL the people. Not just their big money cash cows.

It doesn't matter so long as they remember that their first duty is not to party or president, but to the Constitution.

Their first duty is to the people of the United States. The Constitution is merely the guidelines within which they have to accomplish their task.

DFresh said:
Agreed, unjust intervention (WMD) and religious differences makes this war a failure. A Nation must choose its own fate; freedom should be earned by the blood of its own citizens. Intervention from the Bush administration's religious right will never create a democracy that the Iraqi's will embrace.

Albert Einstein

I couldn't agree more. And if we are to choose our own fate, we need to start by ensuring those idiots capable of or desiring to launch terrorist attacks in the US are rendered incapable by whatever means necessary.

And just whose blood have YOU shed for YOUR freedom?

Yeah. They're not against the war on terror. They're against choosing to fight the war on terror. It's what we in the business call "a nuanced position".

This has got to be THE most ridiculous name for a thread I`ve ever seen.

I mean, the Democrats don`t even know what their against. Their just against WHATEVER the Republicans are for.

Has to be the most stupid platform for a political party I`ve ever seen. The people, that champion such a platform have got to be just as stupid.

Show me ANY positive result from being anti-EVERYTHING. Talk about a party in total disarray, and the poster boy has got to be the Donkey. :thup:

I vote, that Psycho, and Fresh be the "first" , in a long line of adventures sent on their way to Mars`.

I mean, they are just sooooo unhappy here, and with the direction, that their country of birth is heading, they should be first in line.

Nothing wrong with a little free, and open debate, but these guy`s take it to another level.

One just has to wonder, how long would such opposition last in say Iran?

Of course, they won`t get it, not for a minute. :huh:

Adam's Apple said:
Please identify these "independent" and "non-encumbered" news sources that you rely so heavily on to form your views.
That's easy...the "news source" is the voices in his head.

jimnyc said:
That may be, and best left for another discussion, but...

How many of those 40-50 were defying UN resolutions for over 12 years?
the United Nations - a euphemism for an organization of sexual predators, bribe takers, back door deal makers, do nothing bureaucrats, posturing politicians and essentially a worthless bunch of ne'er do wells that paint themselves as defenders of world peace and the oppressed of the planet.

An organization that has a human rights commission whose members are representatives of some of the most oppressively brutal regimes on the planet (Cuba, for instance). That's like having a pedophile in charge of inspecting day care.

Semper Fi said:
1. I dont think you know what you're talking about. My dad told me that he's flown to mass grave sights where Saddam bussed out minorities and ethnic groups and slaughtered them. The reason that they "know little about the intents and activities of Saddam Hussein" could be directly linked to the former Iraq's lack of freedom of press.

Have you heard of the Kurdish section of Islam? I'm sure you have, they were target using GAS and GAS ATTACKS by CEHMICAL ALI during Saddam's reign. Can you honestly stand there and tell me the Iraqi's were appalled to learn that their tyrant had connections to terrorism?

2. It is a hotbed of religious extremism because of foreign fighters and jihadist going to Iraq to earn money to support their families in Syria and Saudi Arabia. That was confirmed by a close friend of mine,a Blackhawk pilot in the 68th Medevac Company, 4th Battalion, 123rd Aviation Regt. Does that answer your question? Would you like it if the terrorists defeated us and we left Iraq with our tail between our legs? Maybe you (being a democrat) would, but that's not the way We like to do things.

3. I'm assuming you are an evolutionist? The basics of survival of the fittest revolves around competition and WAR, but not on the level as you and I know it. CAvement threw rocks at each other. There's a reason WAR has prevailed over the millenia. I have a Bush-Cheney sticker on my window, a USA flag, USMC flag, and POW-MIA flag on my walls. War has corrupted me? I'm PROUD to be corrupted! By the way, killing innocents is more than a by-product of TERRORISM.

4. Failures of all wars. If world war two had not happened, Europe would be known as Germany, and there would be no Jews. Fascist tyrannicals would reign the world, and we would probably be engaged in a cold war between Europe (Germany) and us. War is a failure, eh? Yeah, for Chirac.

War gave you the America you live and piss in today. War is a failure? Move to Britain, redcoat.

War lead many slaves to freedom throughout history. War is a failure? shackle yourself to a shed and get working.

5. * George W. Bush once said that 75% of terrorists in Afghanistan have been brought to justice (killed or captured). I believe him more than you.

You've seen bin Laden? Then how do you know he's alive?

Women voted in their last elections. It's a start. I can't imagine how they are at a less of an advantage than 5 years ago, care to elaborate?

They have always suffered from wear. From the USSR to terrorism. We are the only country to have invaded successfully.
Semper Fi, I was going to rep you for this, but the system wouldn't let me. I'd like to point out that Psycho dodged the point here by switching the topic to the news channel you watch.

Plus, notice that GWB has done more for the freedoms of women in the Middle East than even the NOW....
1. In 2000, women in Afghanistan were under the boot of the Taliban, they were regularly beaten and killed, not allowed to get an education, nor vote, and could not be seen outside of their homes except in a burka. In 2006, Afghan women can vote, are getting an education, health care and actually are part of the political process.

2. Iraq was slightly better in one respect, because women weren't required to wear burkas, but then Saddam had rape rooms. While the coalition forces were busy bringing freedom to the Iraqis and the Afghanis, the NOW was picketing the Atlanta country club over its admission policies. I guess the NOW has its priorities, make Bush look stupid at all costs.

ha, Betty Friedenn and Gloria Steinem outdone by a white, patriarchical, swaggering cowboy who got through Yale with a C average!!!! And to make matters worse, a Christian and a Republican!!!

The NOW, and the Left would have sided with Hitler himself if it benefitted them. Man, they'd be crankin' out the Zyklon-B if it would have helped them win the presidency!

Notice how the Left has nothing to say about the atrocities in these regimes or are dismissive of them. If the same clowns were around in 1945, they'd be denying the Holocaust ever happened....

Meanwhile, Jumpin' Jimmy Flash aka Mr. Peanut, our famous Nobel Prize winning former president, rubs elbows with the likes of Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro, two of the worst human rights abusers this side of the Atlantic.

KarlMarx said:
the United Nations - a euphemism for an organization of sexual predators, bribe takers, back door deal makers, do nothing bureaucrats, posturing politicians and essentially a worthless bunch of ne'er do wells that paint themselves as defenders of world peace and the oppressed of the planet.

Sounds like ACLU, NAMBLA, Halliburton and "Meet the Press" all wrapped up in one! :cof:

Nuc said:
Sounds like ACLU, NAMBLA, Halliburton and "Meet the Press" all wrapped up in one! :cof:
I wouldn't say that....

NAMBLA's stated purpose is molest little boys and accomplishes its goal

Halliburton's stated purpose is to make money for its stockholders and accomplishes its goal

which is more that we can say for the UN

the other two, who knows?

theHawk said:
Yea but we never hear what Dems are willing to do on the war on terror besides the generic "work with our allies" statement. The only message the Dems give out is that we will not attack anyone without the UN, which means we will never attack anyone no matter what because we all know the UN can't even agree to stop outright genocide on their own. If I was a thrid world terrorist supporting leader I'd love it if the Dems got power in the US. Dems are more concerned with appeasing their liberal counterparts in Europe than real U.S. interests.

Yes this is one of the Dems' bright ideas. Another is subjecting the US to International law and courts. Talk about neutering your country.

KarlMarx said:

An organization that has a human rights commission whose members are representatives of some of the most oppressively brutal regimes on the planet (Cuba, for instance). That's like having a pedophile in charge of inspecting day care.
Speaking of the UN, the UN announced today that humans cause worst extinctions since dinosaurs. Well, when it comes to dinosaurs, the UN should know....

It's not a game at all. There will be no victors and there will be no 2nd place losers. There will be those that survive it and those who are dead. Many of the survivors will be so physically mangled and/or mentally distorted that typical American (and Iraqi) society will be afraid of them and even shun them. The grandiose promises that some Americans (and Iraqi's) make for their soldiers afflictions as veterans just doesn't hold true. That's if history is once again proven correct.

Hands down, the War in Iraq is a huge mistake based on lies, innuendo and the latest code, mistaken intelligence. To hell with all that. What to do now?

Democrats search desparately for intelligent answers to that question. The present administration desparately demands stay the course. You can't unring the bell.

The War on Terror was and is widely and bipartisanly supported. The War in Iraq was and is widely considered in poor judgement. Recent revelations only support the considerations of those that early on reluctantly agreed and ultimately withdrew or never offered support.

A million things pass through my mind. I pay attention. I am concerned mostly for the reputation of my country, for the safety of our troops and for the care of our veterans. Certainly, I care as much and more for the well being of my family and my church.

War is no game my friends. It is at best simply disagreement and at it's worst is simply murder. There is a lot of ground in between, but most of it is subjective. Objectively, what is it and how have YOU participated?

As a veteran, I live with the consequenses of my own participation.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
Hands down, the War in Iraq is a huge mistake based on lies

Please list these lies with supporting proof and I'll be happy to debate a little with you. Please not your opinions on what you THINK was a lie, but proof of what anyone in the administration said that was a lie and can be proven.

I'm just curious if it's the same old rhetoric of supposed lies or if you have something that would make me think a little harder.

jimnyc said:
Please list these lies with supporting proof and I'll be happy to debate a little with you. Please not your opinions on what you THINK was a lie, but proof of what anyone in the administration said that was a lie and can be proven.

I'm just curious if it's the same old rhetoric of supposed lies or if you have something that would make me think a little harder.

jimnyc, just so you know. #1. There were and are no WMD's as advertised by the GWB administration in Iraq. #2. Saddam Hussein was never connected with Osama Bin Laden in any capacity, much less one that might lead America into a legitimate WAR. #3. There was never any arrangement with Niger to export enriched uranium or even "yellow cake" or any other nuclear material into Iraq. #4. Valerie Plame "was" certainly a covert agent of the CIA. #5. We were not welcomed into Iraq by any credible representatives of the Iraqi people. #6. Neither the Iraqi peoples or the citizens of America are "safer" now than before the American invasion. #7. The capture of Saddam Hussein has not lessened the intensity of WAR but I suggest has intensified it.

I could go on and on. But, do you get my drift?

Psychoblues

The mistake the administration made was thinking in terms of "The Iraqi People". There is no "The Iraqi People" and they were not going to greet us unanimously as liberators. It's a bunch of little factions that will never get along. Like it or not it is a fact that dictatorships are good at keeping a lid on these things. Look at Yugoslavia.

Next time the government should try to understand who they are dealing with before they act.

Psychoblues said:
I could go on and on. But, do you get my drift?

Psychoblues

Yes, I do, you have repeated all the rhetoric that has been debated to death. No proof of course, so it leaves it to us to make up our own minds about what transpired and what was believed.

I do wonder though, why no one jumps on all the other countries that had the same intelligence. Is it because we were the only only one with the balls to put an end to Saddam's charade? And why the Dems are rarely, if ever, included in the same sentence as they are as much responsible for us going into Iraq as the republicans. It's funny how when times get rough the dems are more interested in pointing fingers and declaring failures than seeking a better way to fix the situation in Iraq or make the world a better place.

Please indulge me just a little further, jimnyc.

Your personal participation in this particular discussion is for lack of a better word, unusual. Are you being pressured by a few whining and crying moderators and otherwise wannabe participants in the American political process?

Constantly, the opionators demand links to questions that are answered 24 hours a day on the news channels and in the papers. Considering that ALL the news channels and virtually ALL the credible newspapers are owned outright by supporters of the administration, even then they (the news channels and papers) question the wisdom of this WAR that at least most of us have come to be ashamed of. I was ashamed even during the discussion before the war. I was in Iraq. I fully understood the fallacies and downright bullshit as produced by the hawks.

You do what you have to do, jimnyc. If being American is danger to participation on this board, then I think your nomenclature at least audacious. Don't you agree?

Psychoblues

jimnyc said:

Forum List

Back