Bush/GOP didn't enforce trade rules

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I am grateful that President Obama has vowed to enforce trade rules more vigorously than his predecessor. In fact, President George W. Bush never granted relief under the Section 421 statute, despite the fact that the data warranted relief in at least four separate cases. In at least two of these cases – one for wire hangers and one for iron waterworks – the domestic industry no longer exists. The case before you today presents a tremendous opportunity to show the world that the United States is headed in a new direction on trade and ready to embrace policies that better serve American workers and American businesses.

U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH)

Senator Sherrod Brown | Senator for Ohio: Press Releases - Brown Testifies Before International Trade Commission on Behalf of Tire Workers From Findlay and Leavittsburg

I heard on Air America that former Bush staffers are working with China now. They are helping them find loopholes in our trade agreements.

How far is too far?

Mexican trucks poised to ride into U.S. - USATODAY.com

And every step of the way, all you right wingers on USMB defend all of these decisions.

You care more about $ than you do Americans. :clap2:

I am grateful that President Obama has vowed to enforce trade rules more vigorously than his predecessor. In fact, President George W. Bush never granted relief under the Section 421 statute, despite the fact that the data warranted relief in at least four separate cases. In at least two of these cases – one for wire hangers and one for iron waterworks – the domestic industry no longer exists. The case before you today presents a tremendous opportunity to show the world that the United States is headed in a new direction on trade and ready to embrace policies that better serve American workers and American businesses.

U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH)

Senator Sherrod Brown | Senator for Ohio: Press Releases - Brown Testifies Before International Trade Commission on Behalf of Tire Workers From Findlay and Leavittsburg

I heard on Air America that former Bush staffers are working with China now. They are helping them find loopholes in our trade agreements.

How far is too far?

Mexican trucks poised to ride into U.S. - USATODAY.com

And every step of the way, all you right wingers on USMB defend all of these decisions.

You care more about $ than you do Americans. :clap2:
Republicans didn't want to talk about it back then. How about now?

One thing I'll give trump is he has successfully implanted the concept that our unregulated free market capitalistic trade deals are not working for American workers. We need regulations and tariffs.

But those same people who are trump supporters today were Republicans during the bush years. The wanted the cheap goods from Walmart/China. They didn't think it'd hurt them but now they see it has. Can't say we didn't warn them.

But it took reality TV star trump for them to listen

One thing I'll give trump is he has successfully implanted the concept that our unregulated free market capitalistic trade deals are not working for American workers. We need regulations and tariffs.

But those same people who are trump supporters today were Republicans during the bush years. The wanted the cheap goods from Walmart/China. They didn't think it'd hurt them but now they see it has. Can't say we didn't warn them.

So you praise obamas trade policies, that blast trade deals, which are PART of his policy? LMAO

So you praise obamas trade policies, that blast trade deals, which are PART of his policy? LMAO
Don't act like all free trade is bad.

And don't try to pretend Republicans were for fare trade all along.

Republicans won't even admit NAFTA was drafted by Republicans. Bush would have signed it into law except he lost. So NAFTA was a done deal.

And regulated fair trade is OK. But you guys wanted to break unions and lower wages. Well mission accomplished. Now you have trump. The GOP have paid for being anti blue collar so I understand trump but I don't want to hear Republicans agreeing with him. Flip floppers

Republicans won't even admit NAFTA was drafted by Republicans. Bush would have signed it into law except he lost. So NAFTA was a done deal.

And regulated fair trade is OK. But you guys wanted to break unions and lower wages. Well mission accomplished. Now you have trump. The GOP have paid for being anti blue collar so I understand trump but I don't want to hear Republicans agreeing with him. Flip floppers
lol dummy
that entire response is a straw man and assumption. Good luck with that

lol dummy
Let's say free trade was fair trade in 1999 but not so much after the bush delay hastert regime got their hands on it. They raped and molested NAFTA like hastert did little boys

lol dummy
Let's say free trade was fair trade in 1999 but not so much after the bush delay hastert regime got their hands on it. They raped and molested NAFTA like hastert did little boys
What is it that is making you think it was "fair" in the first place?

lol dummy
We knew from the start this was going to spell trouble and in 2000-2006 they slipt in so many things that were going to further hurt American labor.

Republicans didn't care back then. It didn't affect them and they appreciated the cheep goods.

Republicans were even defending illegals back then. Today is a whole different angle

lol dummy
We knew from the start this was going to spell trouble and in 2000-2006 they slipt in so many things that were going to further hurt American labor.

Republicans didn't care back then. It didn't affect them and they appreciated the cheep goods.

Republicans were even defending illegals back then. Today is a whole different angle
OK, s why did you think it was "fair" in the first place?
Of course they didn't. Neither does a lot on the left. OBVIOUSLY.
They still do. They have some empty rhetoric, but when it comes down to "getting to business" they scatter like roaches in a LED light.
I do find it ironic you keep blaming "republicans", when the black messiah is campaigning for the TPP and shit.. Have you hap[pened to see whats in that?
I have seen a few things and it isn't good bobo. Not good at all.

lol dummy

They still do. They have some empty rhetoric, but when it comes down to "getting to business" they scatter like roaches in a LED light.
I do find it ironic you keep blaming "republicans", when the black messiah is campaigning for the TPP and shit.. Have you hap[pened to see whats in that?
That's good for corporations and consumers right?

And I'll bet you the GOP fight every bill that has ever tried to make trade fair.

If you're going to blame Obama blame your Republican senator rep or governor too. None of you were for tariffs a month ago

lol dummy

That's good for corporations and consumers right?
For one, the president wants more power in trade deals. Its not part of the TPP, but it is relevant at this time. That's not good!
Do you know what a nontariff barrier to trade is? I doubt it. A good example is labor and environmental regulations. Whyw ould they want to ease that? The REAL question is, why these fucks would ease it on trading with other countries, while completely strapping us down with the bullshit. NO FUCKING WONDER we cant compete..
It REPEATS the Permanent Normal Trade Relations with China. THAT ALONE cost us like 3m JOBS. (I thought Obama had learned from previous mistakes? :dunno: )
That monstrosity also threatens internet freedom, collective bargaining rights and other forms of things we enjoy. ESPECIALLY collective bargaining rights!
Dude, this shit is so bad, congressman have threatened to make legislation that will FORCE them to make that shit more transparent. That's right, a fuckin trade deal that needs legislation so it can be fuckin READ!
BUT several hundred corporations have been at that fuckin table. But what about congress? LMAO this is some fuckin bullshit bobo.
Do some research bro

And I'll bet you the GOP fight every bill that has ever tried to make trade fair.

If you're going to blame Obama blame your Republican senator rep or governor too. None of you were for tariffs a month ago
Im blaming everyone. You are stuck on republicans. Sad thing is, you are doing that while the TPP is biting you in the ass.

Forum List

Back