Bush Commutes Libby's Sentence

Libby IS THE FALL GUY for the Vice President's actions and possible crimes.

This is VERY CLEAR by reading all you can on the Libby trial.

This is WHY communting him could be OBSTRUCTION of Justice in and of itself.

It takes balls to commute someone involved in the investigation of a crime with your own office, who was convicted of 4 felonies involved in the coverup of that crime, (obstruction of justice an perjury)!!!!

This is like Nixon or Ford, commuting the staff from his administration for the crimes they committing by lying about the watergate break in and the president's involvement in it..... these guys were charged with obstruction of justice in the watergate investigation as libby was charged with obstruction of justice in the Plame investigation.... Nixon going out nor Ford coming in to office never had the balls to commute someone involve in THEIR OWN WRONG DOINGS....

Bush is pretty BOLD, and dfiant of the law when it comes to his "men" imo.

Let it go down in history as another one of his legacies, I guess...:bowdown:

Nothing like having an impartial liberal jury looking to convict someone for a crime that was not committed

Libby IS THE FALL GUY for the Vice President's actions and possible crimes.

This is VERY CLEAR by reading all you can on the Libby trial.

This is WHY communting him could be OBSTRUCTION of Justice in and of itself.

It takes balls to commute someone involved in the investigation of a crime with your own office, who was convicted of 4 felonies involved in the coverup of that crime, (obstruction of justice and perjury)!!!!

This is like Nixon or Ford, commuting the staff from his administration for the crimes they committing by lying about the watergate break in and the president's involvement in it..... these guys were charged with obstruction of justice in the watergate investigation as libby was charged with obstruction of justice in the Plame investigation.... Nixon going out nor Ford coming in to office never had the balls to commute someone involve in THEIR OWN WRONG DOINGS....

Bush is pretty BOLD, and defiant of the law when it comes to his "men" imo.

Let it go down in history as another one of his legacies, I guess...:bowdown:

Care please enlighten us to what the actual crime was again.

Armitage leaked Plame to Novak, no crime commited and.....not much else for Libby

RSR, please edit that post that is so long, I can go in to the link! ;)

Care

I asked you, who did Clinton Commute from 4 felony counts involved in a coverup of a possible crime that took place in his own or his own vice president's office?

Like I said, that is pretty BOLD.

AND on top of this, he did not even get advice from the Dept of Justice, which HAS BEEN the protocol used by all presidents, though not mandatory, but a precedent set for a while?

Care

I asked you, who did Clinton Commute from 4 felony counts involved in a coverup of a possible crime that took place in his own or his own vice president's office?

AND on top of this, he did not even get advice from the Dept of Justice, which HAS BEEN the protocol used by all presidents, though not mandatory, but a precedent set for a while?

No he only sold pardons for money, and pardoned terrorists who killed cops so Hillary could get Latino votes in NY

Which is worse to you Care?

Sorry about the length, but the pardons Bill sold do take up alot of space to list

Care please enlighten us to what the actual crime was again.

Armitage leaked Plame to Novak, no crime commited and.....not much else for Libby

RSR, please enlighten us on what underlying crime came out in the Watergate Investigation that was brought to court???

None!

But there were still MANY CONVICTIONS for the cover up of that crime in its investigation, and none of them were commuted...later they may have been pardoned, after they had served their time in jail for their crimes.

The same thing applies to the Plame Investication case and THAT ARTICLE which YOU POSTED says such.... the jurors said such....that Cheney was involved head deep in to the outing of Plame and that Libby, through his perjury and obstruction in the investigation.... was taking the fall, intentionally to protect the VP....?

You really should read the DOJ's transcripts involved in this case, the Libby trial.

Care

RSR, please enlighten us on what underlying crime came out in the Watergate Investigation that was brought to court???

None!

But there were still MANY CONVICTIONS for the cover up of that crime in its investigation, and none of them were commuted...later they may have been pardoned, after they had served their time in jail for their crimes.

The same thing applies to the Plame Investication case and THAT ARTICLE which YOU POSTED says such.... the jurors said such....that Cheney was involved head deep in to the outing of Plame and that Libby, through his perjury and obstruction in the investigation.... was taking the fall, intentionally to protect the VP....?

You really should read the DOJ's transcripts involved in this case, the Libby trial.

Care

No covering up is being done. The president feels, most likely, that Libby deserves a break from an excessive jail term

Libs have a huge double standard when it come to justice

One set for Dems and another for Republicans

Care, I remember how sad the liberl media was when Rove was not charged with anything

They looked like they were going to cry

Libs are so obsessed with inventing a crime here, it is laughable

Care

You are, of course, aware that Clinton ask no advice when he pardoned all those people just as his Presidency ended? That he accepted money from the x wife of man he pardoned, a man the Justice Department did NOT want pardoned? I believe his name was Rich? A man fleeing justice at the time.

And again Bush did NOT pardon Libby. He commuted his prison sentence. Libby is still, until appeals run out a convicted felon on 4 charges. He must still pay a 250,000 dollar fine. The fake outrage is hillarious.

As for obstruction, it is PURE speculation who he covered for since the Prosecutor has NO evidence at all to bring charges on the supposed mastermind of a NON crime.

The obstruction charge is a joke, there was no underlying crime to obstruct ON. No evidence that Libby committed the assumed crime that started it all.

You are, of course, aware that Clinton ask no advice when he pardoned all those people just as his Presidency ended? That he accepted money from the x wife of man he pardoned, a man the Justice Department did NOT want pardoned? I believe his name was Rich? A man fleeing justice at the time.

And again Bush did NOT pardon Libby. He commuted his prison sentence. Libby is still, until appeals run out a convicted felon on 4 charges. He must still pay a 250,000 dollar fine. The fake outrage is hillarious.

As for obstruction, it is PURE speculation who he covered for since the Prosecutor has NO evidence at all to bring charges on the supposed mastermind of a NON crime.

The obstruction charge is a joke, there was no underlying crime to obstruct ON. No evidence that Libby committed the assumed crime that started it all.

Clinton never asked for advice when he pardoned all those people - just cash

Care

You're arguing a false premise once again. Taking into consideration the legal facts in the case (that Libby was convicted of perjury, making false statements and obstruction of justice) you can simply walk down the list of Clinton's commutations to see that WJC had no problem whatsoever terminating prison time for those convicted of the same types of crimes.

Again, here's the link from the USDOJ Office of the Pardon Attorney which lists WJC's commutations.

My question to the Democrats on this board:

I want a flat out answer.

How is this wrong, yet Clinton's pardon's, which went to serious offenders, many of which were Democrat contributors, were acceptable?

My question to the Democrats on this board:

I want a flat out answer.

How is this wrong, yet Clinton's pardon's, which went to serious offenders, many of which were Democrat contributors, were acceptable?

"I want a flat out answer".

Oh baby...I just got hard. I'm a proud, gay, African American male, and you are one tough talking SOB. I love that on a message board.

Say it for me again.

You're arguing a false premise once again. Taking into consideration the legal facts in the case (that Libby was convicted of perjury, making false statements and obstruction of justice) you can simply walk down the list of Clinton's commutations to see that WJC had no problem whatsoever terminating prison time for those convicted of the same types of crimes.

Again, here's the link from the USDOJ Office of the Pardon Attorney which lists WJC's commutations.
Cocky this commutation removed all jailtime from Libby for his crimes, did Clinton do this for any of his pardons or commutations?

What is important and to some extremely unelthical is that Libby was charged with his obstruction charge and other felonies in the investigation of a purported crime that was committed in the President and Vice President's offices, their own offices Cocky!

This is like commuting watergate obstructers before they served a day...and this was not done, not even by Nixon.... and there were no charges for the underlying crimes of watergate....but guess what Cocky?

WE KNEW THE CRIMES happened, even though only obstruction charges and perjury charges etc got booked.

Just as I believe has happened in this case.

One question for you...don't you think Bush will later PARDON HIM, on Bush's way out the door? I do.

No covering up is being done. The president feels, most likely, that Libby deserves a break from an excessive jail term

So you think someone who gets convicted of 4 felonies should serve no jail time?

Did WJC pardon any of those people before they had gone to jail?

By the way...Libby himself claimed that Rich never violated any tax laws. And there was an investigation done into WJC's pardons, which he never got indicted for...so really stop with the unsubstantiated claims of bribery. Rich also had to give the US government 100 million dollars...quite a bit more than the $250k that Libby needs to give.

Cocky this commutation removed all jailtime from Libby for his crimes, did Clinton do this for any of his pardons or commutations?
Follw the link and read the commutations. Yes, WJC did remove prison time from the sentences on a large number of individual convictions of perjury adn making false statements.

What is important and to some extremely unelthical is that Libby was charged with his obstruction charge and other felonies in the investigation of a purported crime that was committed in the President and Vice President's offices, their own offices Cocky!
Here's your false premise again, honey. As much as you and the rabidly anti-GWB crowd want it to be so, there is no proof of any substantive crime being committed. And before you go into the whole "that's because Libby obstructed justice" please remember that he could have simply invoked the Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate himself rather than talk to investigators. In short, Libby could have avoided all of this by simply NOT talking with investigators.

This is like commuting watergate obstructers before they served a day...and this was not done, not even by Nixon.... and there were no charges for the underlying crimes of watergate....but guess what Cocky?

WE KNEW THE CRIMES happened, even though only obstruction charges and perjury charges etc got booked.

Just as I believe has happened in this case.
Blah, blah, blah. Your false premise is showing its head again. And without that false premise, you have no basis to compare Watergate to the Plame-kerfluffle.

One question for you...don't you think Bush will later PARDON HIM, on Bush's way out the door? I do.

I doubt it, and I sincerely hope that he does not pardon Libby. The convictions SHOULD stand unless overturned on appeal.

Did WJC pardon any of those people before they had gone to jail?
Feel free to check it out. I've got a dentist appointment to go to. I do believe that several of the commutations were handed out prior to any time being served, but I haven't specifically looked for such facts. The USDOJ link I provided doesn't specify whether any time had already been served or not, so I think that we'd have to review them on a case-by-case basis.

BTW, could you add the code in the quotes to identify who you're speaking to. The syntax is below
PHP:
[quote=name of person being quoted]
quote text itself
[/quote]
Thanks.

In short, Libby could have avoided all of this by simply NOT talking with investigators.

He could have, but he did not.

A question to those who are defending this...

Regardless of your ad hominem attacks to try and remove Bush's guilt from this commutation.....do you agree with the commutation of Libby? Do you think that someone who recieves 4 felony convictions should serve no time in jail?

Forum List

Back