Bush Commutes Libby's Sentence

she had a desk job, how is that classifed, and their were reports she said she was a cia agent at parties.

I dont think libby deserved to be found guilty, he was a scape goat.

What about sandy berger, he committed a worse crime, trying to cover up the truth. by destroying original documents..

Wrong.

A friend of mine sent theis to me via email

This pretty much sums up the actions of Pres Bush

Article II of the Constitution gives the president broad and unreviewable power to grant "Reprieves and Pardons" for all offenses against the United States.

A president may conclude a pardon or commutation is warranted for several reasons: the desire to restore full citizenship rights, including voting, to people who have served their sentences and lived within the law since; a belief that a sentence was excessive or unjust; personal circumstances that warrant compassion; or other unique circumstances.

The exercise of executive clemency is inherently controversial. The reason the framers of our Constitution vested this broad power in the Executive Branch was to assure that the president would have the freedom to do what he deemed to be the right thing, regardless of how unpopular a decision might be.

It was her job - libs don't like to talk about it however

It goes against their talking points

Since the libs 'talking points' are the facts of the matter it would seem that reality has a liberal bias. Now, are YOU going to provide ANY links supporting the right wing-nut talking points you continue to parrot? Never mind, it's a rhetorical question.

Since the libs 'talking points' are the facts of the matter it would seem that reality has a liberal bias. Now, are YOU going to provide ANY links supporting the right wing-nut talking points you continue to parrot? Never mind, it's a rhetorical question.

Fact: Whatever her former status, Valerie Plame is currently an analyst, not covered by the Intelligence Identities Protection Act.

Fact: Her identity as a CIA employee was already known and not a secret.

Fact: Valerie Plame “outed” herself to Joe Wilson while she was still undercover, a direct violation of both CIA security protocols and universally accepted security practices.

Fact: Joe Wilson went to Niger not once, but twice, as a result of Plame’s lobbying CIA superiors for him.

Fact: Joe Wilson came back with information supporting allegations that Iraq sought uranium from Niger.

Fact: Joe Wilson is lying through his teeth. But hey, he’s got a book out; he’s making the talk show circuit every day. Why give up on a good thing?

They must be laughing all the way to the bank! What began as a panicked attempt to deflect prying eyes from Joe Wilson’s lies has become a national movement to destroy one of George W. Bush’s key strategists.

Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame have a lot more explaining to do than anyone else. This entire controversy should be exposed immediately for the political fraud it is and Joe Wilson, pathological liar that he is, along with his “hidden in plain sight” wife, should be frog-marched to the nearest penitentiary.
http://truthandcons.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_archive.html

So the better you are at obstructing justice, the more deserving you are of being absolved of lying?

I guess it only matters when the lie is about extramarital sex.... oh yeah, and only if it's a dem.

Hypocrites.

To bad libs can't find someone to take the fall for a made up crime

But they will keep trying

So Little Acorn....you must feel the same way about Bill Clinton huh?

He should never have been impeached for lying under oath?

Marc Rich. A known, convicted, still on the loose Federal Felon....pardoned by Bill Clinton after he, and his staff committed felonies on the way out of the White House.

Anyone need an antique Chair from the Lincoln Years? Dial 666-CALLBUBBA! or 666-HEYHILLY

repeat a lie enough times.....

And it hopefully makes it true.....

So friggin pathetic.......:eusa_boohoo:

What's good for the Democrat goose.........

Is not good for the Republican Gander........:badgrin: :badgrin:

We are so over the lies and innuendos........

That's why they what to harness talk radio......

But, when they vote for that, they are so dumb......they don't realize this forum and all Internet forums.........will be next....

I've never seen a people.....vote against themselves, just to provide they are so called right......

MSM Ignores Higher Placed Clinton Officials' Conviction to Tout Libby's
Posted by Warner Todd Huston on July 2, 2007 - 23:30.
I keep seeing this talking point phrase in multiple MSM stories about the Libby conviction; "Libby was convicted in March, the highest-ranking White House official ordered to prison since the Iran-Contra affair roiled the Reagan administration in the 1980s."(emphasis, mine) This is a misleading statement that makes the reader imagine that no high-ranking Presidential appointee, adviser, or member of the White House has been convicted of anything or sentenced to anything since Reagan's era. But, at least one past official's name should be placed above that of Libby's. Henry Cisneros was the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, appointed to that position by President Bill Clinton. Cisneros, it should be remembered, was indicted in 1995 on 18 counts of conspiracy, false statements and obstruction of justice. Cisneros pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of lying to the FBI. Now, I'd dare say that Libby, who only worked in the office of the Vice President, was a minnow in the pond in which Cisneros swam. Cisneros was the Secretary of HUD, a presidential cabinet member, after all!

Naturally, on his way out of the White House in 2001, Clinton pardoned Cisneros.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13886

Forum List

Back