Bush Commutes Libby's Sentence

Already provided in another thread, Novak asked and was told she worked for the CIA by the CIA.

They never claimed that her employment at the CIA was classified since it would be pointless to attempt to keep the identity of someone who works at the CIA Headquarters secret. The law protects the identity of covert agents as opposed to protecting the identities of CIA employees just like it protects the identity of FBI agents working in a counter-terrorism capacity as opposed to FBI agents in general.

The key here is that the CIA didn't publically discuss her covert status and they took clear steps to keep her status as a NOC agent who worked in the Directorate of Operations (now known as the National Cladestine Service) secret thus they did attempt to keep her covert status secret. There are many people who drive into CIA Headquarters under the cover of being CIA employees (i.e., a secretary) and who when at the CIA are operating as covert agents. There is no way to tell how many of the employees who enter and leave CIA Headquarters are covert agents because the CIA is intelligent enough to know that the best way to disguise the identity of covert agents who work out of CIA Headquarters is to admit that they are employees of the CIA when asked and to not publicize their employment when no one asks. To do otherwise sends up red flags and since the CIA has no ability to teleport CIA agents from one point on the earth to another I doubt very much they would be stupid enough to think that they could keep people traveling to and from CIA Headquarters a secret. Our enemies know where the CIA HQ is located and are quite capable of monitoring who goes into and leaves there.

Until the CIA gains the ability to teleport agents from one point on the earth (i.e., their homes) to another point on the earth (CIA HQ) then I suspect that they will use the cover of being a CIA employee to disguise the identity of their covert agents who work out of their Headquarters. :eusa_boohoo:

The point is...

A President can commute or Pardon anyone they wish...

Clinton pardoned 150 people...

So, you all are just going to have to deal with the Libby commutation, no matter how much of a tantrum you all throw....:badgrin:

I am sure Valarie Plame is glad to know that the law doesn't matter and that she is just "going to have to deal with the Libby commutation, no matter how much of a tantrum she throws." This is the prime example of evil bastards like you thinking you are above the law. Call this a tantrum but the moment you made this comment it made you an evil bitch and nothing more than a tryant. Contrary to what you may think this guy Georgie from Crawford is nothing but a piece of shit and his wife Laurie is nothing more than a whore and this goes for the bastards who support his unlawful and immoral actions.

Unfounded hearsay. The reality is the Prosecutor knew EXACTLY who told whom that Plame was an employee of the CIA. He chose to take no action against anyone except Libby and to boost his claim he chose to pretend Libby was hiding information.

If I were Cheney I would have brought charges of Slander against the Prosecutor.

And the "crime" was supposed to be outing a covert agent. Yet Libby was NEVER charged with that. The claim being he was ordered to so by Cheney. Simple enough, BUT if he outed her, why would the Prosecutor need him to confess to that?

We have Care4all telling us over and over that there are numerous credible witnesses that Libby not only told them she worked for the CIA but that she was a COVERT asset. Was the Prosecutor just a bumbling idiot? Maybe it was all a great right wing Conspiracy?

If Libby did not out her why would anyone believe he was covering for Cheney when NO CRIME occurred to cover for? Simple, the Judge allowed the Prosecutor to make unfounded claims with no evidence presented to back them up.

Jesus Jimminee Almighy! how THICK are you? Dense as a rock! :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

STOP YOUR FRICKING LYING! got it? HOPE SO?

For the last time I DID NOT SAY that Libby told these journalists that she was covert, just that he leaked her name and her position within the Cia, which WAS in one of the MOST secretive divisions within the cia.

What is this, about the 10th time you have repeated that LIE about me?

Guess that makes you a liar! A big fat LIAR. Uncredible in ALL that you state.

AND something else, libby, per direction of vp cheney and according to libby's testimony to the grand jury, with the permission of president Bush, leaked the information regarding Valerie Plame, her relationship to wilso, and her position within the cia to Judith Miller PRIOR TO rove and armitage leaking valerie plames name to novak/novak's article.

THAT is a FACT, and evidence admitted in the Libby trial.

READ the trial transcript or continue to be a PAWN, your choice, and i bet it is the latter.

the original judge got removed by libby's attorney...

this new judge was a Bush appointee.

so was Fitzgerald, a republican, bush appointee.

how stacked a deck in favor of libby can you get?

My question to the Democrats on this board:

I want a flat out answer.

How is this wrong, yet Clinton's pardon's, which went to serious offenders, many of which were Democrat contributors, were acceptable?

First, Joseph Wilson contributed to George W. Bush's campaign so I don't see how that has to do with anything. The right of people to contribute to their choice of political party or candidate is a right that everyone enjoys whether they are convicted felons or not. Second, the seriousness of the offense has little to do with whether a commutation of their sentence should take place. Third, the difference between what Clinton did and what Bush did is that the people Clinton pardoned had in fact served a portion of their sentence and the appeals process had generally been exhausted in their cases. Fourth, if Clinton did accept bribes for pardons then my opinion of the asshole is confirmed but that does not negate what Bush has done. What are you a five year old? You are essentially saying: "But Mommy, Billy did it first!" :cuckoo: I for one have had it with retards like you always bringing up Bill Clinton. If you like Clinton so much why don't you marry the loser...

Jesus Jimminee Almighy! how THICK are you? Dense as a rock! :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

For the last time I DID NOT SAY that Libby told these journalists that she was covert, just that he leaked her name and her position within the Cia, which WAS in one of the MOST secretive divisions within the cia.

AND something else, libby, per direction of vp cheney and according to libby's testimony to the grand jury, with the permission of president Bush, leaked the information regarding Valerie Plame, her relationship to wilso, and her position within the cia to Judith Miller PRIOR TO rove and armitage leaking valerie plames name to novak/novak's article.

READ the trial transcript or continue to be a PAWN, your choice, and i bet it is the latter.

The answer to your last question is: George W. Bush. That's all he needs on his side!!! :bowdown: Fuck the prosecutor, fuck the jury, and fuck the judge and for that matter members of Congress and the American people. Libby is going to be okay because he has his buddies Georgie and Laurie in his corner. The rule of law is absent in this commutation. It shows that the George Bush has no respect for the law, or for our legal system or our government. In fact, in referring to our government he called it "my government" which truly reflect the arrogance of this man.

What a waste of time.

From Article 2 Section 2 of the Constitution of the United States of America:

"The President... shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

Today I read a quote from Jesse Jackson, Jr. about President Bush's "crimes against the constitution" and it was all I could to to not spit coffee all over my computer screen.

Our constitution is very clear: the president has absolute power in this regard.

There is no oversight.

There are no checks and balances.

Ford did it.

Carter did it.

Reagan did it.

H.W. did it.

Clinton did it.

W. has done it.

To name a few :rolleyes:

What about this do you guys not understand?

We know you guys wanted to see Scooty-Scoot in prison.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

If you don't like it, invent a time machine, and try to convince our Founding Forefathers that the President should not have this power.

Otherwise, tough shit.

What a waste of time.

From Article 2 Section 2 of the Constitution of the United States of America:

"The President... shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

Today I read a quote from Jesse Jackson, Jr. about President Bush's "crimes against the constitution" and it was all I could to to not spit coffee all over my computer screen.

Our constitution is very clear: the president has absolute power in this regard.

There is no oversight.

There are no checks and balances.

What part of Congress having the power to "make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof" do you not understand? You may be retarded enough to believe that their are no oversight here but that is where you are wrong. Your ignorance of the Constitution which you seem so fond of is appalling. It is also obvious based on your comments that even idiots like you can quote the Constitution, yet it is apparent that you do not understand it or have even a basic understanding of it.

We know you guys wanted to see Scooty-Scoot in prison.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

If you don't like it, invent a time machine, and try to convince our Founding Forefathers that the President should not have this power.

Otherwise, tough shit.

No, not tough shit asshole! What about the right of Congress and the Courts do you not understand? What about our rights as human beings do you not understand? I suggest you take some more time and read the Constitution if you love it so much but don't for a minute think that those of us who see you retarded reading of it for what it is are going to accept your statements about it as fact when they are not. This is just another charge to add to the list of things to impeach Bush for. And if you don't like it bitch. Tough shit!

Tell me, Edward - if Congress had any oversight w.r.t. pardons and commutations, why would there have been talk of a constitutional amendment giving congressional oversight to the issue after Marc Rich was pardoned?

To give Congress a power you claim it already has?

Wrap your lips around this, bitch: SCOOTER IS FREE!!!! :thup: :eusa_dance: :eusa_clap: :D :clap2:

Dumbass.

Next...

This is laughable. You're pathetic.

And you are a bitch and I don't give a shit that you think I am pathetic when you are nothing but a loser. What is laughable is that you are an ignorant asshole and it upsets you that others are not going to take your shit lying down. Instead, I intend to destroy you and your faction on election day and I will laugh when you weep in tears that your bastard of a friend Georgie gets his ass impeached. You have violated our rights and we have had it whore so fuck off and take the fucking asshole Georgie and his slut of a wife Laurie and go back to the fucking outhouse you live in and shit some green turds into the toilet. :bowdown: Now either make an intelligent point or run for office so retards like you can vote for you while people like me give all of you our middle fingers and tell you to go to hell. Let's debate me being pathetic and then let's vote on it. My vote is: :badgrin:

again:

The people Clinton pardoned, who were sentenced to prison, served at least some time behind bars. Prior to being pardoned. In some cases, they served ALL their time in prison, or had otherwise paid their debt to society, and the pardon was merely to lift lifetime restrictions on employment and voting rights.

Libby will serve zero time behind bars.

And I don't want to hear Libby-defenders bring up Marc Rich. Libby was Marc Rich's attorney and recommended clinton give rich clemency.

and helped to kill people like the terrorists he let walk away

Tell me, Edward - if Congress had any oversight w.r.t. pardons and commutations, why would there have been talk of a constitutional amendment giving congressional oversight to the issue after Marc Rich was pardoned?

To give Congress a power you claim it already has?

Wrap your lips around this, bitch: SCOOTER IS FREE!!!! :thup: :eusa_dance: :eusa_clap: :D :clap2:

Dumbass.

Next...

Wrap your lips around this whore? I don't give a shit what you think of me but I will not allow you or the fucking bastard Georgie or his slut of a wife to conspire with you and your fucking family to violate the rights of others based on your interpretation of the Constitution. The Wilson's should take whatever action they deem necessary to get justice for what happened to them at your hands and the hands of your representative and those who love freedom will assist them in doing so. So cry all you want whore but I intend as I am sure those who love freedom intend to do everything within our power to stop you tryrants who entered the voting booth as tryants to vote for a tryant from harming any more people. :clap2: Now why don't you shut the fuck up dumbass and when you have something intelligent to say you can come back. See you on election day where you will lose the war. NEXT!

looks like Care is starting to have the same reaction to the truth like other libs here - stroke time

Operative word - intend.

I eagerly await the impeachment proceedings.

Next...

I am sure you do, because you have your faction in Congress to protect you and your faction but do not think for a minute that it won't be a bitter fight and we intend to win it at all cost. Now shut the fuck up whore and fucking cook some mac and cheese for your bastard children because no one gives a shit what you think and on election day you will be defeated and your faction will be destoyed along with the miserable assholes who represent you. NEXT! :bowdown:

I am sure you do, because you have your faction in Congress to protect you and your faction but do not think for a minute that it won't be a bitter fight and we intend to win it at all cost. Now shut the fuck up whore and fucking cook some mac and cheese for your bastard children because no one gives a shit what you think and on election day you will be defeated and your faction will be destoyed along with the miserable assholes who represent you. NEXT! :bowdown:

The way Dems are fucking up - why not try impeachemnt? Dems have broken neary evey promised they made to fool people into voting for them - what is one more broken promise or another lie exposed?

I'll believe it when I see it. You guys have been talking about impeachment since 2003. Shit or get off the pot.

Looking at the current polls - Dems are to deep in the shit to do much of anything

Except what they do best - cry, whine, pout, rant, and rave how it is all Bush's fault

I'll believe it when I see it. You guys have been talking about impeachment since 2003. Shit or get off the pot.

I doubt that King George and his faction in Parliment would allow the people to impeach him instead he would send Dicky to Congress to tell them to "fuck off" and if they did impeach him I can hear him saying, "they have made their decision, now let them enforce it." But, that aside Congress will wait for the right moment to begin impeachment. Rushing into impeachment will not be a good idea if we intend to win this war. Now, let the civil war continue and let you and yours be defeated. NEXT!!!

Forum List

Back