Bush Commutes Libby's Sentence

The point is...

A President can commute or Pardon anyone they wish...

Clinton pardoned 150 people...

So, you all are just going to have to deal with the Libby commutation, no matter how much of a tantrum you all throw....:badgrin:

The point is...

A President can commute or Pardon anyone they wish...

Clinton pardoned 150 people...

So, you all are just going to have to deal with the Libby commutation, not matter how much of a tantrum you all throw....:badgrin:

Absolutely!

I find it funny that the Democrats cry now that Bush has commuted Libby's sentence. Clinton issued a lot of pardons to a lot of BAD people...Democrats have NO moral high ground to stand upon regarding this issue.

Already provided in another thread, Novak asked and was told she worked for the CIA by the CIA.

That is right RGS...
And I believe, Richard Armitage admitted as to being the one who brought up her name...

But, the Dems. and libs just like everything else...

Figure that if you repeat a lie enough, it will make it true....:cuckoo:

Absolutely!

I find it funny that the Democrats cry now that Bush has commuted Libby's sentence. Clinton issued a lot of pardons to a lot of BAD people...Democrats have NO moral high ground to stand upon regarding this issue.

You ought to see DUunderground...

It's a total MELTDOWN there, over this...

Very Amusing to watch...:rofl:

This is a good one as well

CNN: Conservatives Will Be 'Angry' Over Commutation, GOP Double Standard re: Clinton
Posted by Brent Baker on July 2, 2007 - 21:44.
With “Angry Reaction” on screen, CNN's Suzanne Malveaux opened the 7pm EDT hour of The Situation Room by asking if on the Libby commutation: “Are conservatives as angry as Democrats?” Toward the end of the hour, Malveaux, filling in for Wolf Blitzer, cued up ex-Clinton operative Paul Begala: “President Clinton was impeached for lying before a grand jury. What do you think? What do you make of this? Does this smack of a double standard?” Malveaux announced at the top of the program: “Spared from prison, President Bush commutes the sentence of former White House aide Lewis 'Scooter' Libby. Tonight, the breaking news and the reaction. Are conservatives as angry as Democrats?”

Analyst Bill Schneider soon echoed her theme: “There's going to be a lot of anger out there. I don't think it's going to be restricted simply to Democrats. Independents and some Republicans are going to be angry and it's going to feed into the anger at Washington that seems to be poisoning the mood of the country.” As for the idea “this would be popular with the base,” Schneider opined: “I'm dubious about that.” Referring to a CNN poll, Schneider argued that “when you have only 19 percent who would support a pardon...I'm not sure that I would say that this could have any positive repercussions for the President.” Malveaux, who seconds earlier cued up Begala with a liberal talking point about a Republican double standard, confronted Republican strategist John Feehery: “Does it cut two ways here? We've heard Bill Schneider saying he doesn't really think this is going to play out much in a partisan way. He believes that there are going to be a lot of Republicans who see it the same way as Democrats and say, you know, this is just preferential treatment.”
http://newsbusters.org/node/13885

Attachments

• $2006-08-22.png
    $2006-08-22.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 64

And in doing so, he has solidified the view that he, and members of his administration view themselves as standing above the law. It also leads one to believe that he may be party to obstructing the investigation into the original crime which, thanks to 'Scooter', could not be gotten to the bottom of. And, I am shocked...stunned even...that President Bush would stoop to making excuses for a convicted felon. After all, he did promise that anyone involved in the leaking of Valerie Plame's identity would no longer be a a part of his administration. And, lo, Ari Fleischer, Dick Armitage and 'Scooter" are no longer with the administration. I'm sure Karl Rove will soon be gone as well. Far be it for President Bush to break a promise.

There is an upside, however. We'll never again have to take seriously the arguments of ANY Republican about what serious crimes perjury and obstruction of justice are. Hell, they can even be removed from the books at this point. Gods know, they were all about it when Goatboy perjured himself about consensual sex between two adults in the Oval Office.

And in doing so, he has solidified the view that he, and members of his administration view themselves as standing above the law. It also leads one to believe that he may be party to obstructing the investigation into the original crime which, thanks to 'Scooter', could not be gotten to the bottom of. And, I am shocked...stunned even...that President Bush would stoop to making excuses for a convicted felon. After all, he did promise that anyone involved in the leaking of Valerie Plame's identity would no longer be a a part of his administration. And, lo, Ari Fleischer, Dick Armitage and 'Scooter" are no longer with the administration. I'm sure Karl Rove will soon be gone as well. Far be it for President Bush to break a promise.

There is an upside, however. We'll never again have to take seriously the arguments of ANY Republican about what serious crimes perjury and obstruction of justice are. Hell, they can even be removed from the books at this point. Gods know, they were all about it when Goatboy perjured himself about consensual sex between two adults in the Oval Office.

Where was the left's outrage when Clinton pardoned 16 FALN terrorists without even being asked?

Libby still has the conviction, a criminal record, and has to pay the fine - all for a questionable conviction at best

Forum List

Back