Burqa Wars Erupt on Campus

As posted earlier, it is a "cultural" custom. Not a religious requirement. I still call bullshit and would like to see if these "fanatics" watch reality TV or even pray five times a day. My guess is they like the attention. Or else they are too butt ugly to show their faces. In that case, they should appeal on a disability claim.

The same can be said about Apostolic Christians who wear jean skirts everyday in public because they consider it a religious tradition for women not to wear pants, and Catholic nuns who wear their own headcoverings. The Bible in noways mandates it, but it's a personal conviction these women possess (YES some people do actually have convictions and shit like that) and it must be respected. Period.

They have no right to tell these women that can't practice their religious traditions unless they are in a place where security is an issue. They cannot with one hand say "the burqa oppresses women," and then another put women in prison for wearing a burqa. That's rediculous.

The type of clothing a sister (or any woman, for that matter) wears is her prerogative. If it can be demonstrated that it contributes to a serious security problem, though, I suppose the burqa can be restricted. There is no reason to ban the niqab along with it; the specific identity of a munaqqabah can be determined with relative ease.

Niqab:
niqab.jpg

muslim01.jpg

Burqa:
Burqaface2th.jpg

Looks like my OP had a lot of it deleted, I um, must have posted too much of the article...oops

But AFTER the article, I had written this, I thought I had, I had to look up the cache of it to find it

ORIGINAL OP: I don't care. I don't think they should be banned. I think for obvious reasons they should be disallowed for pictures for drivers licenses and passports but other than that, what people wear is nobody's business but our own.

If anything should be banned it's enforced/required wearing of anything unless it's like a uniform for work or the military, where it was optional for a person to join in the first place.

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cach...ampus+usmessageboard&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Last edited:
I'm Muslim and I 100% support the Burqa ban in France and i believe this should be implemented in America as well. I believe people who practice this very severe and extreme form of modesty (hijab) suffer from psychiatric illnesses. The burqa is a symptom of their mental illness and the first step to recovery and good mental health is for the burqa to be taken away from them so that they can stop feeling ashamed of being women !!!! These women hate themselves, they are depressed, they lack confidence and they feel religious fanaticism will cover up their personal failings in life. They need psychiatric help and if the government needs to step in, take their burqas away, to give them a nudge for them to seek help then so be it. I know these women I see them all the time at the Mosque. You talk to them and they feel so worthless, they have a very dreary outlook on life , and they feel their only purpose in life is to be an object for their husbands. To not think for themselves, to not speak for themselves, to be some kind of couch or an object for their husbands to use and then discard. In short they don't feel entitled to the full rights of a human being ! The Burqa promotes this unhealthy view and is apart of this ideollogy. If we can break this cycle by taking one component away from this cycle (the burqa) then they stand a better chance of seeking help !

:lol: this is a switch...I'm a Christian and I don't think they should be banned, you're a Muslim and you do.

The type of clothing a sister (or any woman, for that matter) wears is her prerogative. If it can be demonstrated that it contributes to a serious security problem, though, I suppose the burqa can be restricted. There is no reason to ban the niqab along with it; the specific identity of a munaqqabah can be determined with relative ease.

so they should get searched more, as long as it's done respectfully so be it. I expect that whenever I go into our local courthouse, I always set off the alarms :eusa_angel:

I'm Muslim and I 100% support the Burqa ban in France and i believe this should be implemented in America as well. I believe people who practice this very severe and extreme form of modesty (hijab) suffer from psychiatric illnesses. The burqa is a symptom of their mental illness and the first step to recovery and good mental health is for the burqa to be taken away from them so that they can stop feeling ashamed of being women !!!! These women hate themselves, they are depressed, they lack confidence and they feel religious fanaticism will cover up their personal failings in life. They need psychiatric help and if the government needs to step in, take their burqas away, to give them a nudge for them to seek help then so be it. I know these women I see them all the time at the Mosque. You talk to them and they feel so worthless, they have a very dreary outlook on life , and they feel their only purpose in life is to be an object for their husbands. To not think for themselves, to not speak for themselves, to be some kind of couch or an object for their husbands to use and then discard. In short they don't feel entitled to the full rights of a human being ! The Burqa promotes this unhealthy view and is apart of this ideollogy. If we can break this cycle by taking one component away from this cycle (the burqa) then they stand a better chance of seeking help !
Quit lying to the people here Ali2

Kind of odd that your very First post on USMB would follow right after JenT the muslim hater. :doubt:

You are NOT a muslim and I doubt that you go to a mosque.

Most likely, you are an anti-Islamic puke trying to stir up trouble. :evil:

I personally know dozens of women who cover and are happy and well adjusted women.

Several are Doctors, some are Lawyers, a couple are PhD Professers, and many work regular jobs or are house wives.

The only person who needs psychiatric help is you. For posting such idiotic non sense. :cuckoo:

So moderate Muslims are not Muslims? Why? Because they don't follow what is written? That's exactly what I said. The problem is, if they decide to leave Islam officially, what does Islam say should happen to an apostate, Sunni Man?

Hint: It involves a sword...

In this day and age of terrorism, I think any item of clothing that totally prevents a person from being instantly identified should be banned in the general public. How can you be sure a man is not hiding under the burqa and the reason for doing so is a terrorist attack. Sorry. Call it what you will. I think it should be banned.

So you want to ban Halloween because you're afraid of terrorists? Coward.

OK--Let us say it is a cultural practice and not a religious practice

Guess what!! They have the right to practice their cultural customs.

In fact,, I give more credance to cultural customs than religious customs. You can choose your religion, culture not so readily.

So moderate Muslims are not Muslims? Why? Because they don't follow what is written?
The guy who posted wasn't a muslim at all.

No muslim would talk the way he did about muslim women or denigrate Islam the way he did. :evil:

Sunni, what IF a Muslim felt that way, does he quit? Can he quit?

oh wait, yes he can...and then die.
JenT what is your obsession with death??

Yes, he can quit, but this guy never was. :doubt:

The guy who posted wasn't a muslim at all.

No muslim would talk the way he did about muslim women or denigrate Islam the way he did. :evil:

Sunni, what IF a Muslim felt that way, does he quit? Can he quit?

oh wait, yes he can...and then die.
JenT what is your obsession with death??

Yes, he can quit, but this guy never was. :doubt:

I'm not obsessed with death, I just think it's interesting that the claimed religion of peace will kill you if you leave it.

Forum List

Back