Burqa Wars Erupt on Campus

As much as I don't like the burkhas (and I wouldn't shed a tear if they disappeared, even through a ban) I can't get behind a ban on them.

However I do think that if you wear one you should not be immune from insults or rude comments over it (just like anything else one wears).

As much as I don't like the burkhas (and I wouldn't shed a tear if they disappeared, even through a ban) I can't get behind a ban on them.

However I do think that if you wear one you should not be immune from insults or rude comments over it (just like anything else one wears).

Like hate speech?

I think it would be rude to insult someone for wearing a burkha, but they should expect to get searched.

We're not stupid.

At least, not on this side of the aisle...

Like hate speech?

I think it would be rude to insult someone for wearing a burkha, but they should expect to get searched.

We're not stupid.

At least, not on this side of the aisle...

That's extreme but I guess. I was thinking more along of the lines of calling it stupid looking or whatever (like someone with an ugly hairstyle).

Quite right. If I had to choose what I had to see.....Camel toe or Burqua.... Burqua is better.

In a rational universe, muslim residents of rome should do as the romans do

That really does say something about the rationality of some advocates of the reverse eh?

Imagine if multiculturalism (i.e. cultural stupidity) had been invented in an earlier time...

burkaLisa-1.jpg

I used to think that women should be allowed to wear them, but they are almost universally an item of repression, and I don't think they have a place in a civilized society. There are lots of different ways for women to cover up if they chose to do so.

I used to think that women should be allowed to wear them, but they are almost universally an item of repression, and I don't think they have a place in a civilized society. There are lots of different ways for women to cover up if they chose to do so.

Are the Halloween stores open year round where you live?

Are the Halloween stores open year round where you live?

Its always Halloween here...

Has this thread yet established if we are talking about "religious oppression" or "cultural oppression"? :tongue:

Of course it makes no difference but when dealing with some folks here, what can one do but joke from time to time?

Regarding the burkas, if I had to choose between eliminating them and eliminating belly-baring mini-tees and ass-crack showing jeans, I think I'd opt for getting rid of the latter.

Let them wear their sheets, if it makes them feel safe. Who cares?
Quite right. If I had to choose what I had to see.....Camel toe or Burqua.... Burqua is better.

In a rational universe, muslim residents of rome should do as the romans do

And pretty soon they could well be doing so. Italy is now close to banning the muslim face covering.

ROME (Reuters) - Italy may soon seek a ban on full- face Muslim veils, drawing on debate in France where President Nicolas Sarkozy has described the burqa as unwelcome and legislators are considering a vote to outlaw or restrict it.

Equal Opportunities Minister Mara Carfagna has said the Italian government will quickly follow in France's footsteps, breathing new life into four draft bills on burqas already circulating in parliamentary committees.

"I completely agree with the French initiative, which I think will push other European countries and hence, also Italy, to enact laws on this issue," Carfagna said this week.

"This is about a sacrosanct battle to defend the dignity and rights of immigrant women. A law is being studied that would ban the use of a burqa and niqab, which are not religious symbols -- that's not us saying it, but the top religious authorities of the Islamic world, like the imams of Cairo and Paris."

Italy moves towards emulating France on burqa ban | World | Reuters

I think any woman that has the fanaticism to wear a burqa also has the fanaticism to blow themselves up. Think about it ! Look at the women we are dealing with. These women cry about rights and freedom of expression Now because they are in a corner in France and risk losing their "God Given Right " to the Burqa. But if everything was reversed and frenchwoman "Mignonette" wanted to wear a skirt in a Islamist Jihadist Country like Saudi Arabia or heck even the mullah republic of iran---do u think these burqa women would tolerate thaaat ??? Do you think Burqa woman would say we should respect her individual rights ??? Burqa woman would be the first to get her axe to cut off Mignonette's Legs !!!!! Come on people ! You are arguing and supporting women who are animals !!! I say throw all these burqa women in Guantanimo Bay and throw the key away.

You Muslims that are all pro-burqa are all a bunch jihadist fanatics that make sajjdah towards masjid al haraam praying for bin laden's victory. u know it and i know it ! you guys are all a bunch of waahabi extremists that need severe psychological counseling!! ALL OF YOU NON-MUSLIMS PREACHING "BURQA RIGHTS " ARE ALLLLL VERY NAIVE !!!!!! THESE BURQA WEARING FANATICS SEEK TO DESTROY OUR WAY OF LIFE. THESE EXTREMISTS ARE AGAINST FREEDOM AND ARE PRO-DICTATORSHIP. THEY WOULD KILL YOU, ME, AND OUR FAMILIES IN A HEART BEAT !!!!! Infact they would kill me 1st because im the traitor , the munafiq as they say, and then you 2nd !!!!!! PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES !!! SUICIDE BOMBING IN IRAQ or AFGHANISTAN BY THESE FANATICS ARE TRYING TO DESTROY DEMOCRACY AND ARE DOING THEIR BEST ESTABLISH SHARIA DICTATORSHIP !!!!! GIVEN ENOUGH NUMBERS (POPULATION) OF THESE WAAHABI EXTREMIST IN AMERICA IT MAAAAAY HAPPEN HERE ALSO IN 100 yrs !!!!! WE HAVE TO SET LAWS AGAINST THEIR FUNERAL SHROUD WAY OF LIFE TO CURB THEIR IMMIGRATION TO AMERICA !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I think any woman that has the fanaticism to wear a burqa also has the fanaticism to blow themselves up. Think about it !

Ok. ... That's freaking stupid.

Look at the women we are dealing with. These women cry about rights and freedom of expression Now because they are in a corner in France and risk losing their "God Given Right " to the Burqa. But if everything was reversed and frenchwoman "Mignonette" wanted to wear a skirt in a Islamist Jihadist Country like Saudi Arabia or heck even the mullah republic of iran---do u think these burqa women would tolerate thaaat ??? Do you think Burqa woman would say we should respect her individual rights ??? Burqa woman would be the first to get her axe to cut off Mignonette's Legs !!!!! Come on people ! You are arguing and supporting women who are animals !!! I say throw all these burqa women in Guantanimo Bay and throw the key away.

So you advocate taking rights away because they want to wear a burqa? How are you any better than the Islam countries which you rail against that want to take away all sorts of rights (and don't give me the BS that if they choose to wear a burqa they'd be OK with killing people)?

We honor the rights of convicted criminals (and I mean of real crime not say thought crime or wearing a burqa) why shouldn't we honor the rights of "burqa women".

How about genital mutilation? Isn't that a religious/cultural thing too? Shouldn't we allow it? I mean if the women give consent (under the orders of their fathers and husbands)?

This is America and we are at war with extremists.

Dear Father Time it's not stupid to say "I think any woman that has the fanaticism to wear a burqa also has the fanaticism to blow themselves up. Think about it ! " Let me put this in a perspective that you Americans can understand. If a Christian has the fanaticism to wear pillow cases with peep holes over his head he has the fanaticism to lynch a Negro. Do u understand the correlation ??? THIS IS THE BURQA FOR MUSLIM !!! Wear a Burqa ?? They would in a heartbeat kill an american if they could get away with it !!! Hell, they would kill me too just as fast and i'm Muslim !!! There fanatics are just like the klu klux klan. Different apparels similar goals !!! 2nd, you can honor all the rights of convicted criminals you want but at the end of the day those criminals PAY ALLIGIENCE TO THE RED, WHITE, AND BLUE !!!!! THEY DONT SEEK TO CHANGE DEMOCRACY !!!!! ---THESE BURQA FANATICS DO !!!! THEY ARE NOT LOYAL CITIZENS TO AMERICA OR FRANCE OR ANY OTHER WESTERN COUNTRY!!!!!! You liberals are so thick in the head and don't get this. It's like you need a dozen 9/11 to wake up and understand these extremists are at war with america. Their strategy is not only bombing and shooting innocent americans it also involves Soft War strategy. Changing peaceful loving americans to Jihadist extremists. You think the Mormons are a pain with their missionary work ?? These fanatics are just as bad !! That's what u liberals don't undestand. These fundamentalist extremist, unlike convicted criminals, want to change america's way of life, government, and it's christian foundation. And the Burqa is a symbol of this "Political Islam". And they love the civil rights you liberals preach like crazy because it gives them the pocket spaces they need to operate in gradually bringing americans to their cause. In other words like leeches or like cancer they use Democracy to BRING DOWN DEMOCRACY !!! --- Last but not least i want to reaffirm that I AM MUSLIM, i hate political Islam and all the symbols of Political Islam (Burqa) i LOVE DEMOCRACY, and i believe majority of muslims think like me and also abhor political islam as well !

Last edited:
How about genital mutilation? Isn't that a religious/cultural thing too?
No. While the burqa is endemic to certain cultures, women who choose to wear them presumably do so to safeguard their chastity and fulfill their religious duty. Female genital cutting does not fulfill any religious obligation and has absolutely no place in Islam.

These fundamentalist extremist, unlike convicted criminals, want to change america's way of life, government, and it's christian foundation.
I would not live in America if I believed that its political foundation was Christian, brother, and neither should you if that is your belief. I'm sure I don't need to remind you that we're forbidden from taking Jews and Christians as awliya. The enlightenment-era secularism that inspired the framers of the United States is why Muslims are able to live in America without facing oppression. It is why the Constitution is legitimate and why its preservation is in the best interest of American Muslims.

Last but not least i want to reaffirm that I AM MUSLIM, i hate political Islam
Islam transcends both the world of politics and the realm of personal spiritual experience to which other religions have confined themselves. Islam must be accepted as a way of life, not merely as a collection of rituals and privately-held beliefs. You seem to be suffering from a case of cognitive dissonance, akhi, because I fail to see how one can simultaneously love God's commandments and hate to see them implemented in manner consistent with His will.

The veling of Women with Burka is not only exclusive to Muslim cultures.

The ancient Greeks (especially the Athenians) were fond of keeping women veiled in public, as a means of preserving masculine vitality, strength and honour.

Because of the feminist movement being so uppity in the West, in all honesty, I don't mind the burqa being institutionalized. I'm not a fan of Muslims who use violent measures to force their customs and religion unto western nations (like what the Pakistanis do in the US), but the Hijaab and Burqa Is something which we increasingly need in the west...

Forum List

Back