Bunnies stay dead.......Jesus didn't.........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Church's Easter card offensive to some - Video on msnbc.com

It seems that there is a Christian church who is sending out Easter cards showing a dead rabbit with Easter candy strewn all around it, and the card simply states "Bunnies stay dead, Jesus didn't".

Believe it or not, this was actually sent out by a REAL pastor of a REAL Christian church.

Would you want your children to see a dead Easter bunny on the cards sent by your church?

Discuss..................

You know, I'd kinda expect behavior like this from some other kind of group, but certainly not a Christian church which is supposed to be promoting positive values.

You know, I'd kinda expect behavior like this from some other kind of group, but certainly not a Christian church which is supposed to be promoting positive values.

like you give a crap, seriously dude........

TrollingBoat.jpg

For as much as Christians like to tell me that they do, based on this pastor's actions, I'd say it's not always true.

Fine by me. I don't particularly like the Easter bunny or Santa being more popular with Christian children than Christ. To me, it's another example of the Churches failure to impart it's values to it's flock.

Maybe if we started a rumor that Santa killed the Easter bunny and ate him, the Church could be rid of both of them.

Fine by me. I don't particularly like the Easter bunny or Santa being more popular with Christian children than Christ. To me, it's another example of the Churches failure to impart it's values to it's flock.

Maybe if we started a rumor that Santa killed the Easter bunny and ate him, the Church could be rid of both of them.

Actually, it was the Church's mixing of pagan worship and what they took from Jerusalem and calling it Christianity that started this whole thing in the first place.

Christmas trees, Yule logs, bunnies, eggs, sunrise service on the first Easter after the spring solstice just to name a few.

OR. We could bleat that Santa Clawz flew down during the Great Flood and rescued the only bunny that was left behind and maid it hiS patRon Saint to carry oUt hIS work when the sun(son) came back during passover ( the equator).
it's all relative, with no theory.

Actually, it was the Church's mixing of pagan worship and what they took from Jerusalem and calling it Christianity that started this whole thing in the first place.

Christmas trees, Yule logs, bunnies, eggs, sunrise service on the first Easter after the spring solstice just to name a few.

Yes, I know all about the pagan origins of this stuff. Again, an example of the church failing to impart it's values to it's own followers. The most popular things Christianity has given to it's children aren't Christian at all.

Yes, I know all about the pagan origins of this stuff. Again, an example of the church failing to impart it's values to it's own followers. The most popular things Christianity has given to it's children aren't Christian at all.

Actually, the Romans used it as a way to keep all the people in line, and subsequently, to get the pagans to follow it, had to mix in some of their beliefs as well.

Which makes me wonder...............why is it that Christians say their way is the only way to Heaven (ya gotta be saved by Christ), when since it's inception, it has mixed in pagan worship?

Actually, the Romans used it as a way to keep all the people in line, and subsequently, to get the pagans to follow it, had to mix in some of their beliefs as well.

Which makes me wonder...............why is it that Christians say their way is the only way to Heaven (ya gotta be saved by Christ), when since it's inception, it has mixed in pagan worship?

I don't have the answers for those things.

I do believe that Santa and the bunny and decorating trees and all that stuff is something that would be best left out of the Church. I try to follow Christ teachings in my life to make me a better person. To practice love and tolerance and kindness whenever possible, even towards those who do not offer the same to me. I fail at this a lot, but I don't stop trying. This is what I believe to be the heart of Christ teachings. "Do unto others" pretty much says it all. So.... lying to children about imaginary talking bunnies and fat men that bring them candy and bicycles is a bit of stretch for me to reconcile with Christ teachings. If you want to celebrate Christ, it's an excellent opportunity to do so openly and share the message of love and kindness with your children, minus the retail experience of "I want, I want..." and "gimme, gimme, gimme", which is what almost all kids learn from this stuff. Magic bunnies and fat men don't come by and leave you gifts. I haven't the foggiest idea why any of us think this is a good thing for children. You can give to them and use giving as an example to impart some wonderful things rather than waste all that on something that you have to deconstruct before they grow up.

:cuckoo:

"Jesus said "do unto others"
as you'd have them do to you
you don't have to believe he was a king among us
to know that he, told the truth"

- David Childers

Last edited:

I do believe that Santa and the bunny and decorating trees and all that stuff is something that would be best left out of the Church. I try to follow Christ teachings in my life to make me a better person. To practice love and tolerance and kindness whenever possible, even towards those who do not offer the same to me. I fail at this a lot, but I don't stop trying. This is what I believe to be the heart of Christ teachings. "Do unto others" pretty much says it all. So.... lying to children about imaginary talking bunnies and fat men that bring them candy and bicycles is a bit of stretch for me to reconcile with Christ teachings. If you want to celebrate Christ, it's an excellent opportunity to do so openly and share the message of love and kindness with your children, minus the retail experience of "I want, I want..." and "gimme, gimme, gimme", which is what almost all kids learn from this stuff. Magic bunnies and fat men don't come by and leave you gifts. I haven't the foggiest idea why any of us think this is a good thing for children. You can give to them and use giving as an example to impart some wonderful things rather than waste all that on something that you have to deconstruct before they grow up.

I know why................the hypocracy of the Christian church and it's laziness in taking care of these things.

But, when you start with a flawed template, you can't expect much better.

First let me say I didn't do the Santa Claus, Easter Bunny BS with my kids. If you tell your kids there is a Santa,Easter Bunny,Tooth Fairy and a God that they can't see and three out of the four turn out to be lies made up by me, why would I then expect them to believe in God?

That said I would be pissed if my kids saw that card. While I beleive in the basic message It's too over the top to leave in a mail box where anyone can find it.

I know why................the hypocracy of the Christian church and it's laziness in taking care of these things.

But, when you start with a flawed template, you can't expect much better.

You still angry God despises homosexuality?

Forum List

Back