Zone1 I was a Catholic for many years, but left... came back

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
"What a long strange trip it's been!" (Thank you, Grateful Dead)

It just couldn't have been any stranger... it, meaning my life.

I was raised in the novus ordo sect. My parents didn't know any better. My father was raised Catholic (when everything was still Catholic). My mother was not raised in any religion (which explains not a few things RE some of her odd behavior but I won't digress further).

When I was young... I was young. LOL but you get my drift. I didn't think religion was important, even though I did have a great experience with Jesus when very young. The problem was, the rest of my family didn't go there.. so I was all alone, which atfirst didn't bother me but anyhow, the years rolled on and I now see in hindsight how absolutely important were the teachings of the (true) Catholic Church, many of which were imparted to my family even back in those novus ordo days (the poison hadn't trickled down much back then). Anyway, long story short is that I fell into this and that sin and my life became a nightmare. I don't use that N word lightly, either.

So then I discovered the rosary. My parents never taught us that but I learned it.. and it changed me, made me something other than a lukewarm "Christian," trying to follow Jesus my way more than His way. Take a lesson there: that doesn't work.

So where was I?

Yeh, I left the CC like that other poster, but unlike him, I didn't stay away. Instead, I learned what a fool humans can be when they are unmoored from the True Church.

Then God seemed to show me great mercy by showing me what happened in 1958 when the Church was invaded by anti-Christs... long story there. I recommend you check it out. It is part of history. No one can know history.. be called a historian without knowing about the history of the modern Church (and preferably the ancient Church also). The Vatican sect is neither.

no one is interested in Catholics.

No wonder this country is toast.

Then again, there is this point I keep bringing up that the Vatican was stolen by anti-Christs in 1958.

So really, very very few have been truly Catholic since

Last edited:
Then again, there is the fact that the Vatican was taken over by anti-Christs in 1958

so really very few have been TRULY Catholic since

I was raised in the novus ordo sect. My parents didn't know any better. My father was raised Catholic (when everything was still Catholic). My mother was not raised in any religion (which explains not a few things RE some of her odd behavior but I won't digress further).

When I was young... I was young. LOL but you get my drift. I didn't think religion was important, even though I did have a great experience with Jesus when very young. The problem was, the rest of my family didn't go there.. so I was all alone, which atfirst didn't bother me but anyhow, the years rolled on and I now see in hindsight how absolutely important were the teachings of the (true) Catholic Church, many of which were imparted to my family even back in those novus ordo days (the poison hadn't trickled down much back then). Anyway, long story short is that I fell into this and that sin and my life became a nightmare. I don't use that N word lightly, either.

So then I discovered the rosary. My parents never taught us that but I learned it.. and it changed me, made me something other than a lukewarm "Christian," trying to follow Jesus my way more than His way. Take a lesson there: that doesn't work.

So where was I?

Yeh, I left the CC like that other poster, but unlike him, I didn't stay away. Instead, I learned what a fool humans can be when they are unmoored from the True Church.

Then God seemed to show me great mercy by showing me what happened in 1958 when the Church was invaded by anti-Christs... long story there. I recommend you check it out. It is part of history. No one can know history.. be called a historian without knowing about the history of the modern Church (and preferably the ancient Church also). The Vatican sect is neither.
Well, you are still not with the True Church. You are with a branch of the apostasy church. By the way, when you left, were you baptized into a different Church?

Well, you are still not with the True Church. You are with a branch of the apostasy church. By the way, when you left, were you baptized into a different Church?
No. Once baptized, always baptized.

but it's possible that's a novus ordo teaching? I'll look it up but I dont think it is

No. Once baptized, always baptized.

but it's possible that's a novus ordo teaching? I'll look it up but I dont think it is
So, you think the church you were baptized in was false. But you think they held the authority and power to baptize but apostates. Are you okay? You think the priests of Baal had authority equal to and over Elijah? Your baptism wasn’t real because no authority from Christ to baptize.
Baptism is essential for entrance into the Kingdom of God and exaltation.

I never s aid any of this BS you accuse me of

Geez... so many posters have reading comprehension issues
You said you were baptized and only needed that one baptism. Yet, that church was false. What is there that was incorrect?

You said you were baptized and only needed that one baptism. Yet, that church was false. What is there that was incorrect?
I never said novus ordo baptisms are false.

You seem dishonest

I never said novus ordo baptisms are false.

You seem dishonest
If the Church was false, how could their baptisms be true? Just answer the question instead of trying to get personal. You said the RCC was a false church when you were baptized. Not me. This is a legit question.

If the Church was false, how could their baptisms be true? Just answer the question instead of trying to get personal. You said the RCC was a false church when you were baptized. Not me. This is a legit question.
you are dishonest

you put words in my mouth.

I'm done w/ you.

you are dishonest

you put words in my mouth.

I'm done w/ you.
I'm using your words nitwit. What you don't like is anyone questioning your words. My question is completely honest. Instead of answering, which you cannot without being hypocritical, you play the "Oh I'm hurt" card. You mean bully! HAHAHA

So where was I?

I suggest you read Scott Hahn's book The Lamb's Supper. It will give you an all new appreciation of The Mass

1694683572273.png

So where was I?

It would have been better if you hadn't. Of course that's assuming you ever were.

I have never apostatized from the True Church. So yeh, get your facts correct before accusing (like Satan does)

I suggest you read Scott Hahn's book The Lamb's Supper. It will give you an all new appreciation of The Mass

View attachment 829155
How do you know I haven't read it?

I have

But Hahn, at the time he wrote that, was not as knowledgeable about post Vatican II issues/concerns/horrors as yours truly...

I know it's hard to believe some lowly scum like me knows something the highly educated Hahn doesn't (or didn't) but it is (was) true.

I think he has since learned a few things about the horrors of V2. I hear he is a Traditionalist now.

As a no Roman Catholic, I will add this:

Pope John Paul seemed like a great pope and a magnificent human being. So, I don’t think the throne has been vacant since 1958.
He wasn't as great as you seem to think. He kissed the Koran. He did a lot of other things to indicate that Catholicism is not the only or maybe not even the best religion. That is a LIE. He lived a lie IMO. Now, it is true that if he was, as I suspect he was, surrounded by anti-Christs who took over the Vatican in 1958 and continued to do their evil therein all these years... maybe he did all that for show? Only God knows anyone's heart. But still... I heard this story (true story) about how there was a tabernacle in either a Catholic Church or Catholic chapel and he allowed Buddhists to put a statue of Buddha on top of that tabernacle, which houses Jesus Christ Himself (consecrated Hosts). Not long after tht happened.. Was it an earthquake? Well, I think it was but it was some natural disaster happened and the roof fell in on the Buddha and the whole building had to be re-done..

Forum List

Back