CDZ Bullying: Let Discuss it

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
When I was a kid I was bullied. Now I know that is hard to believe but it is true.

Now let discuss were you the bully or victim?

How has it affected you later in life?

If you were the bully and met your victims today would you ask for forgiveness?

If you were the victim of bullying would you forgive?

Remember this is the clean debate zone, so remember the rules are different...

I was taught early on to punch bullies square in the nose as hard as I could. Worked quite well.

Were I to meet those bullies today, I would smile and say "There's nothing to forgive. After all, it was your blood."

:2up:

I was given permission by My dad to bully the bullies.

Seriously. My dad hated it and would not tolerate it in his kids.

I was required to step in whenever I witnessed it.

As for your questions. I was never bullied, and I never bullied anyone. I kicked some ass occasionally, but usually, the school kids knew enough not to do that kind of shit around Me. That isn't bragging. After a while, the bullies get tired of stopping up bleeding noses and split lips.

I was taught early on to punch bullies square in the nose as hard as I could. Worked quite well.

Were I to meet those bullies today, I would smile and say "There's nothing to forgive. After all, it was your blood."

I liked Eastwood's statement.

"Why don't you lay there and bleed a while."

I was not a bully and I was never bullied. I just knocked the shit out of anyone who was unfortunate enough to cross my path.

• Banned
Why I was bullied was because I was sickly. I swear if you saw me now many of you laugh and say I could have never been sickly but I spent most of my youth in a croup tent during the winter.

Many from my past ask me to forgive them, and just tell them past is the past.

With that written it still make me wonder why do so many feel the need to bully?

When I was a kid I was bullied. Now I know that is hard to believe but it is true.

My father once found out that a friend and I were being bullied at school by a small gang. I must have been ten or so. He told my friend and I to go back to school and beat the Hell out of the bullies or he'd beat it out of us.

The principal and a janitor backed up by a couple of teachers broke the melee up, but I was never a victim again. I'm quite astute at identifying bullies, however, and today those are the same guys who troll people and bully them on the Internet, but don't have the courage to call people out due to fear. They're real tough guys when it's in their backyard and they have back - up. When someone can save their hide, they are THE MAN. One on one, outside the limelight and where nobody can save them, they are the same bullies that taunted kids in school.

There were a few times when I was in elementary school, I think, that I was bullied.

But by the time I was 12, I was taller than 6 feet, and by the time I was 16, I had a beard.

I never got in a fight in high school. I went to a smart kid school, though.

I hung out mostly with outcasts, though - the kids who would probably have been bullied, if it had been a different high school.

There is a very big difference between when I was a kid and today we didn't have the web and social media where people could attack you and trash anonymously back then it wasn't that hard to find out who was talking shit about you and confront them not so today. Look at this board we only know each other by screen names which is why sometimes we say stuff here we would never say to the persons face.

There is a very big difference between when I was a kid and today we didn't have the web and social media where people could attack you and trash anonymously back then it wasn't that hard to find out who was talking shit about you and confront them not so today. Look at this board we only know each other by screen names which is why sometimes we say stuff here we would never say to the persons face.

I sometimes don't do too well on the Internet for that very reason. If it were me saying some of the things that get said to me, I'd be looking for a fight. When it gets too personal, I give the Net bullies that option via PM.

They always lock me out of their PM and threaten to go to the mods. Then they return to the threads where they do the bully thing... always lacking the guts to back up the taunts.

I didn’t bully, but when I sensed weakness I jumped on it. I suspect if you were bullied then you were emitting weakness.

I sometimes don't do too well on the Internet for that very reason. If it were me saying some of the things that get said to me, I'd be looking for a fight. When it gets too personal, I give the Net bullies that option via PM.

They always lock me out of their PM and threaten to go to the mods. Then they return to the threads where they do the bully thing... always lacking the guts to back up the taunts.

That's the whole thing about the internet.

You can't physically intimidate the internet into cowing before you and handing over their lunch money.

I didn’t bully, but when I sensed weakness I jumped on it. I suspect if you were bullied then you were emitting weakness.
Sounds like you were a bully, and judging by your justification, I would suggest you still are. The thought that the victim of bullying is to blame simply because they were "emitting weakness" suggests to me that you have zero compassion for your fellow human. All I can say is, keep it up, sooner or later you'll find someone who is bigger/meaner/more violent than you. At that point you will get your due, I just hope you survive to learn from it.

Honestly, I was probably both at one time or another. Not nearly to the extent that it seems to happen today. I was never overly physical when bullying, and those that bullied me were not nearly as bad as what you see today.

The wife says the same about her youth as well, although with females it seems the bullying lasts far longer than with guys.

Wish someone would have taught me that... I was bullied to the point of contemplating suicide. I have no time for bullies, nor do I have time for those who justify bullying. Sure it's a part of growing up, and most often the bully is being bullied at home, or elsewhere, all that means is that they should know better. Sadly, far too many time these kids are not given the tools to deal, and either become bullies, or, eventually, they go to a very dark place.

When Colombine happened, I was not too far out of school. I remember thinking, "man, if I had thought of that, and had the ability, they sure would have paid for what they did to me." I have since made peace with it. However, anyone bullies MY kid, here is what they will hear, after I "accidentally" knock them down, "You will leave my kid alone, or next time, you won't be getting up." Is it stooping to their level, sure. Don't care, bullies only know one thing, fear. Either they are afraid, or you are.

Sounds like you were a bully, and judging by your justification, I would suggest you still are. The thought that the victim of bullying is to blame simply because they were "emitting weakness" suggests to me that you have zero compassion for your fellow human. All I can say is, keep it up, sooner or later you'll find someone who is bigger/meaner/more violent than you. At that point you will get your due, I just hope you survive to learn from it.

Can’t talk now, old lady with a cane is walking by my house and her dog just crapped on my lawn......time to kick some granny ass!
Yea, hope it makes you feel like a big man.

By the way, where did you say you live?

Honestly, I was probably both at one time or another. Not nearly to the extent that it seems to happen today. I was never overly physical when bullying, and those that bullied me were not nearly as bad as what you see today.

The wife says the same about her youth as well, although with females it seems the bullying lasts far longer than with guys.

Girls seem more prone to psychological bullying, whereas boys tend to be physical bullies.

Girls seem more prone to psychological bullying, whereas boys tend to be physical bullies.

And, I think girls also have a more pack mentality as well, they bully in groups as (and just remembering my time) boys tended more one on one deals.

Did you just contradict yourself? Please clarify how you “jumped on it” when you sensed weakness.

Forum List

Back