CDZ Bullying: Let Discuss it

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Bruce_T_Laney, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Humorme

Humorme BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +887
    I sometimes don't do too well on the Internet for that very reason. If it were me saying some of the things that get said to me, I'd be looking for a fight. When it gets too personal, I give the Net bullies that option via PM.

They always lock me out of their PM and threaten to go to the mods. Then they return to the threads where they do the bully thing... always lacking the guts to back up the taunts.

2. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,298
    I didn’t bully, but when I sensed weakness I jumped on it. I suspect if you were bullied then you were emitting weakness.

3. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,367
    That's the whole thing about the internet.

You can't physically intimidate the internet into cowing before you and handing over their lunch money.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,412
    Sounds like you were a bully, and judging by your justification, I would suggest you still are. The thought that the victim of bullying is to blame simply because they were "emitting weakness" suggests to me that you have zero compassion for your fellow human. All I can say is, keep it up, sooner or later you'll find someone who is bigger/meaner/more violent than you. At that point you will get your due, I just hope you survive to learn from it.

5. Pop23

Pop23 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,591
    Honestly, I was probably both at one time or another. Not nearly to the extent that it seems to happen today. I was never overly physical when bullying, and those that bullied me were not nearly as bad as what you see today.

The wife says the same about her youth as well, although with females it seems the bullying lasts far longer than with guys.

6. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,412
    Wish someone would have taught me that... I was bullied to the point of contemplating suicide. I have no time for bullies, nor do I have time for those who justify bullying. Sure it's a part of growing up, and most often the bully is being bullied at home, or elsewhere, all that means is that they should know better. Sadly, far too many time these kids are not given the tools to deal, and either become bullies, or, eventually, they go to a very dark place.

When Colombine happened, I was not too far out of school. I remember thinking, "man, if I had thought of that, and had the ability, they sure would have paid for what they did to me." I have since made peace with it. However, anyone bullies MY kid, here is what they will hear, after I "accidentally" knock them down, "You will leave my kid alone, or next time, you won't be getting up." Is it stooping to their level, sure. Don't care, bullies only know one thing, fear. Either they are afraid, or you are.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,412
    Yea, hope it makes you feel like a big man.

By the way, where did you say you live?

8. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,298
    Girls seem more prone to psychological bullying, whereas boys tend to be physical bullies.

9. Pop23

Pop23 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,591
    And, I think girls also have a more pack mentality as well, they bully in groups as (and just remembering my time) boys tended more one on one deals.

10. JoeMoma

JoeMoma Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,305
    Did you just contradict yourself? Please clarify how you “jumped on it” when you sensed weakness.