CDZ Bullying: Let Discuss it

I raised 4 kids and none of them are bullies...all have been bullied by others on occasion. I notice that a lot of people are suggesting if you just "beat up" the bullies then problem solved. This doesn't always work for several reasons:

1. Some people can't win the fight and it will just make things worse...could be guys bullying girls or groups bullying individuals
2. Schools will allow an insane range of poor behaviors to go unchecked but if you punch the "bully" there is a good chance you will get expelled under "zero tolerance"
3. A lot of bullying that goes on is now in the cyber realm

Bullying has always existed and needs to be kept in check by parents and school administration. Unfortunately, both allow children to engage in anti-social behaviors. We move a lot and my kids have experienced dozens of public schools over the last 20 years. Some are pretty good...some have no control whatsoever and its like Lord of the Flies.

I somehow have a feeling that most people have at some point in their lives participated in bulling behavior but rationalized the behavior as something other than bulling. Who hasn’t ever “picked on” someone else?

Forum List

Back