Buffet Against Obama

Old Warren came out today and shared some deep concerns he has with the Obama administration and its handling of the economy.

Of the various disputes he shared, he called out Obama on the proposed Cap n Trade fiasco, stating (correctly) it will be the utility users who will pay the most. (that is all of us)

Buffet went on to share concern regarding the demonizing of Wall Street as well as openly opposing the Obama support for the union card-check legislation that would take away workers' right to a secret ballot.

These are major disputes folks - and shows once again the dwindling support the Obama administration now faces amongst a growing number who once fully supported their cause. (which was simply getting elected - now this administration appears clueless on how to actually govern)

Buffet also indicated that the administration needs to get a far more focused message - that job one and job two and job three are to be the economy. Currently Obama has been wandering wildly with stem cell research, Gitmo, public education, etc, when the overall prevailing concern right now is "the economy stupid."

And what Buffet enjoys that others in the media and the business world who have voiced similar concerns regarding Obama, is he is by far the richest and most powerful individual to so openly do so, and that puts the Obama administration in a bit of bind on how to deal with him.

I wouldn't call it dwindling support rather criticism. It's justified, it's allowed. Obama works better under pressure, you could see that during the campaign. These observations will be taken under consideration and he will adjust accordingly.

Obama completely loses it under pressure. Now he sleeps with his teleprompter. The guy has aged 5 years in the first 50 days.

He hasn't aged, this WH is energized, you're not used to seeing a president with so much happening in that short a period of time. Bush didn't have this much happening over 8 years.

Everyone is always commenting about how intelligent or smart Obama is. What exactly are you basing those opinions on? He's never released any transcripts from any school he's ever attended, so you have no idea how he performed. Is there valid public information about an IQ test that he took somewhere that I'm not aware of?

As to the comments about him performing better under pressure, if he doesn't feel pressure right now, then he never will.

The Jack Welch information was a great compliment to the Buffet information.

What a few in this thread appear incapable of understanding is that these gentelmen are not coming out and denouncing Obama as a whole - he is the current president and men such as Buffet and Welch do not throw the baby out with the bath water.

What they are doing is giving some pretty strong words regarding Obama policty, or lack thereof, and this administration's scattered approach to governing.

Both men, while stating they support Obama and find him to the right guy for the job, are at the same time telling him to do the job and stop messing about. Welch and Buffet are confused as to the lack of direction the Obama White House has shown regarding the economy and they are now sharing that confusion publicly - but with the clear hope that Obama will understand what they are saying.

I hope Obama does understand - even while some in here clearly do not...

What a few in this thread appear incapable of understanding is that these gentelmen are not coming out and denouncing Obama as a whole - he is the current president and men such as Buffet and Welch do not throw the baby out with the bath water.

What they are doing is giving some pretty strong words regarding Obama policty, or lack thereof, and this administration's scattered approach to governing.

Both men, while stating they support Obama and find him to the right guy for the job, are at the same time telling him to do the job and stop messing about. Welch and Buffet are confused as to the lack of direction the Obama White House has shown regarding the economy and they are now sharing that confusion publicly - but with the clear hope that Obama will understand what they are saying.

I don't think they were denouncing Obama either. Barack would do well to consider their comments, I am sure that he will.

I don't think they were denouncing Obama either. Barack would do well to consider their comments, I am sure that he will.

It is that point I am quite uncertain of. So far Obama has not shown an abundance of intellectual understanding. He appears rather confused and inhibited, leaning so strongly and pre-written statements and campaign style rhetoric. Perhaps he is finding his balance, but to this point, he is floundering, and Welch and Buffet are speaking to that.

Bush is absolutely an idiot. I am in no doubt of that.

However, my comments were more aimed at Sinatra than you. I should have made that clear.

I actually don't have a problem with criticism of Obama, but I'd like him to actually be in the job for a few months before kicking him. I mean, he's hardly had time to do anything worth criticising IMO...

One of my long time friends who voted for Obama made an unbelievable comment to me today. Out of the blue--& without any type of policial conversation going on--he said he thought he voted for the wrong guy.

When I asked why he thought that--he stated well geez--all he does is fly around the country costing enormous tax payer dollars & I am getting real tired of seeing him on T.V. every single day--saying the same old things.

The crack in the popularity of Obama is wearing very thin with previous--very strong supporters--of which my friend was.

Personally, I think the average Obama voter had way to high expectations of him, & now the hangover has started. And you're right it has started very early.

I know a lot of Hillary supporters that are still angry she lost the nomination yet voted for Obama anyway. Now they regret their decision. Among the 3 candidates: Hillary, McCain and Obama, I'd say Hillary was the best choice while Obama was a distant 3rd. Obama is just a nobody who got elected because people disliked Bush and the Republican Party. America and the world is suffering with rank amatuers in power.

This whole election process last year was manufactured by the media. McCain came from last to first with the help of the media bolstering him over the rest of the candidates in the republican circle. They knew he would be an easy mark because of his age and him being a moderate to liberal in some issues.
Hillary was considered the next president until Obama showed some strength. The media dropped Hillary like a hot potato, and banded with Obama.
Next, the media dropped, McCain like he didn't even exist, except to the point that made him to have too many flaws, and not smart enough to lead us out of the recession, to be president. In summation, it literally was the media who voted Obama as our president. One with the least amount of experience, and it's showing more and more everyday. The uninformed just went along with what the media was indoctrinating. The power of the media.

It is that point I am quite uncertain of. So far Obama has not shown an abundance of intellectual understanding. He appears rather confused and inhibited, leaning so strongly and pre-written statements and campaign style rhetoric. Perhaps he is finding his balance, but to this point, he is floundering, and Welch and Buffet are speaking to that.

Intellectual understanding as opposed to whom? Remember he inherited this mess. You can't wave a magic wand and get instant results. Seriously, you all are gonna have to give Obama and his economic team time to work through this. Everyone knew that it was going to take more than he asked for originally, that the budget was a disaster and that we had to get out of that pit over there in Iraq.

Some Rs are looking for things to criticize. If they continue to whine about every little thing, it will be to their detriment over the next few election cycles.

Intellectual understanding as opposed to whom? Remember he inherited this mess. You can't wave a magic wand and get instant results. Seriously, you all are gonna have to give Obama and his economic team time to work through this. Everyone knew that it was going to take more than he asked for originally, that the budget was a disaster and that we had to get out of that pit over there in Iraq.

Some Rs are looking for things to criticize. If they continue to whine about every little thing, it will be to their detriment over the next few election cycles.

Is this anything like the last 8 years, what the D's did to Bush? Maybe it might have been the constant drum beat by the D's that got us into this mess. Maybe, maybe not. One other thing to remember, the D's owned the house and senate the last 2 years, when the real mess started. As I see Obama inherited his own mess.

Is this anything like the last 8 years, what the D's did to Bush? Maybe it might have been the constant drum beat by the D's that got us into this mess. Maybe, maybe not. One other thing to remember, the D's owned the house and senate the last 2 years, when the real mess started. As I see Obama inherited his own mess.

You make an excellent point. Right from the start the left with the mainstream media which is just a branch of their party went after Bush hard and daily. However, now we see them talking out of both sides of their mouth which some have noted is nothing new.

Last edited:

There is no comparisan between the failed Bush presidency and Obama's efforts to get America moving forward again. Bush had no, zero, domestic policy. It was all Iraq, all the time. Obama is attempting to right several huge wrongs all at once.

I already posted that Barack should heed the advice of the two successful economists however he has an excellent economic team of his own in place as well.

There is no comparisan between the failed Bush presidency and Obama's efforts to get America moving forward again. Bush had no, zero, domestic policy. It was all Iraq, all the time. Obama is attempting to right several huge wrongs all at once.

I already posted that Barack should heed the advice of the two successful economists however he has an excellent economic team of his own in place as well.

This is exactly what I'm talking about from the D's. The coined term "failed Bush presidency". I would agree that Bush spent too much, and the war in Iraq is questionable. But, we wouldn't have been there if the D's didn't vote for it....before they voted against it...then distanced themselves from it. Look... the economy and Wall Street were humming along until 2 years ago...get that through your head. I'm not here to defend Bush, but the D's did have control of the house and senate for the last 2 years. Can you maybe at least connect those dots? Could you show me anywhere in the world that spending borrowed money has gotten any nation out of a recession? Please point me to one. Who is on Obama's excellent economic team? My memory is failing me. Obama could spend this great nation into a depression, and it seems you will be there to defend him. No question in my mind. But...thanks for making my point for me.

[/B]

This is exactly what I'm talking about from the D's. The coined term "failed Bush presidency". I would agree that Bush spent too much, and the war in Iraq is questionable. But, we wouldn't have been there if the D's didn't vote for it....before they voted against it...then distanced themselves from it. Look... the economy and Wall Street were humming along until 2 years ago...get that through your head. I'm not here to defend Bush, but the D's did have control of the house and senate for the last 2 years. Can you maybe at least connect those dots? Could you show me anywhere in the world that spending borrowed money has gotten any nation out of a recession? Please point me to one. Who is on Obama's excellent economic team? My memory is failing me. Obama could spend this great nation into a depression, and it seems you will be there to defend him. No question in my mind. But...thanks for making my point for me.

There is one "comparisan" between the two administrations. The left wanted Bush to fail and did everything in their power to see that it happened.

There is one "comparisan" between the two administrations. The left wanted Bush to fail and did everything in their power to see that it happened.

The Left didn't want him to fail, they just knew that he would fail. See the difference?

Buffet is not a political person or politician....therefore this thread should be taken out of the POLITICS category and sent into some forgotton corner somewhere....

Obama invoked Buffet's name as a political supporter so many times on the campaign trail and he is now speaking directly to Obama's political fiscal policy that the thread more than qualifies...

Isnt that always the case?

Except that's false. Everyone rooted for Bush after 9/11... regardless of where we were before.

He squandered everyone's good will.

The right shouldn't project. Just because the right wingnuts do something a certain way, doesn't mean the "left" (whatever that is) does.

When thinking about the democratic party, you should keep in mind Will Rogers comment "I don't belong to any organized politican party -- I'm a democrat".

Forum List

Back