Buffet Against Obama

Bush is not an idiot. Obama is not an idiot. I'm wordsmithing nothing. Your claim that I am is predicated on your politically biased opinion of Bush.

One thing I've noticed from Day One to date is the left will tolerate NO criticism of Obama. He can do no wrong. The dude is doing some scary shit. Might not bother you, but then, you don't have to live with results of his actions. I DO.

Bush is absolutely an idiot. I am in no doubt of that.

However, my comments were more aimed at Sinatra than you. I should have made that clear.

I actually don't have a problem with criticism of Obama, but I'd like him to actually be in the job for a few months before kicking him. I mean, he's hardly had time to do anything worth criticising IMO...

We disagree on Bush. Obviously he is not an idiot.

He's going to do the very thing worth criticizing tomorrow if he signs that pork-laden funding bill when he has taken a stance against pork. And no, I'm not buying this "clearing old business" line they're selling. The pork is wrong. He needs to take a stand and take it now. He's going to be held to his words.

I'm hardly kicking Obama. I've been rather moderate and "wait-n-see" in my approach. Of the things he's done that come to mind, I disagree with 2 (3 if he signs that bill tomorrow) and agree with one.

My whole point here is I'm going to point out each and every time the left doesn't hold Obama to the same zero-defect mentality they held Bush.

Need I point out that there are a LOT of us on the right, or wherever the Hell we are, that criticized Bush when we didn't agree with what he was doing? I have YET to see any criticism of Obama from the left.

It's so funny how these high-level Obama supporters are saying he's doing a poor job, but in the same breathe they say, "but I love the guy and he's got a great family and I would take a bullet for him." These people are truly insane.

It's so funny how these high-level Obama supporters are saying he's doing a poor job, but in the same breathe they say, "but I love the guy and he's got a great family and I would take a bullet for him." These people are truly insane.

typical hyperpartisans--defend the indefensible. It's fun watching someone else try it for awhile. :lol:

I think you have the uppity & intelligent kind of backwards. Obama is uppity--but I do not regard him as intelligent. He is a magnificent speech giver though--I will give him that.

Warren Buffet jumping ship on Obama is just another person in a very long chain of once avid supporters. In fact, Obama continually remarked on Warren Buffet said this, he said that all the way through the campaign season.

This is a major blow to Obama. I am just wondering when the books will be coming out?

You spoke too soon. You should have read the whole transcript instead of taking Sinatra's word for it....

I did read the whole interviewed article--mostly talking about which stocks to buy. On the economy Buffett is dead on correct. The comments he made about this administration are also in this interview.

I believe this to be a major crack in the foundation. Buffett one of the most successful financial experts of our time--is very concerned about what was mentioned in the author of this posts comment. I may add for very good reason.

Bush is not an idiot. Obama is not an idiot. I'm wordsmithing nothing. Your claim that I am is predicated on your politically biased opinion of Bush.

One thing I've noticed from Day One to date is the left will tolerate NO criticism of Obama. He can do no wrong. The dude is doing some scary shit. Might not bother you, but then, you don't have to live with results of his actions. I DO.

However, my comments were more aimed at Sinatra than you. I should have made that clear.

I actually don't have a problem with criticism of Obama, but I'd like him to actually be in the job for a few months before kicking him. I mean, he's hardly had time to do anything worth criticising IMO...

One of my long time friends who voted for Obama made an unbelievable comment to me today. Out of the blue--& without any type of policial conversation going on--he said he thought he voted for the wrong guy.

When I asked why he thought that--he stated well geez--all he does is fly around the country costing enormous tax payer dollars & I am getting real tired of seeing him on T.V. every single day--saying the same old things.

The crack in the popularity of Obama is wearing very thin with previous--very strong supporters--of which my friend was.

Personally, I think the average Obama voter had way to high expectations of him, & now the hangover has started. And you're right it has started very early.

One of my long time friends who voted for Obama made an unbelievable comment to me today. Out of the blue--& without any type of policial conversation going on--he said he thought he voted for the wrong guy.

When I asked why he thought that--he stated well geez--all he does is fly around the country costing enormous tax payer dollars & I am getting real tired of seeing him on T.V. every single day--saying the same old things.

The crack in the popularity of Obama is wearing very thin with previous--very strong supporters--of which my friend was.

Personally, I think the average Obama voter had way to high expectations of him, & now the hangover has started. And you're right it has started very early.

I know a lot of Hillary supporters that are still angry she lost the nomination yet voted for Obama anyway. Now they regret their decision. Among the 3 candidates: Hillary, McCain and Obama, I'd say Hillary was the best choice while Obama was a distant 3rd. Obama is just a nobody who got elected because people disliked Bush and the Republican Party. America and the world is suffering with rank amatuers in power.

Some great comments here.

Buffet is not the kind to outright attack someone personally - that is simply not his style, and that is one of the reasons he is so widely respected.

What he did was speak to the administration's policies regarding the economy -and those comments detailed obvious and serious concern. Buffet, as he normally does, qualified those statements by adding he personally likes Obama and supports him. That qualification in no way takes away the fact that he is taking issue with the abyssmal handling of the economy by the Obama administration - and make no mistake, that was the intent of his comments. Buffet is quite clever - he maintains his personal affability, while making the news cycle concentrate on the real intent of his message - the Obama administration is screwing things up.

And I completely agree with those who are remarking how more and more are indicating a feeling of having made a mistake regarding Obama - the repeated rise in his negative polling numbers reflects that trend.

If things do not change -and change quickly, this administration will continue to fall into the trap of Carter II - albeit of a somewhat darker hue...

That qualification in no way takes away the fact that he is taking issue with the abyssmal handling of the economy by the Obama administration - ...

So Buffett says in your piece "And President Obama is--he's very, very smart. he will be the right person to be the commander in chief in this economic crisis."

he was criticising him?

See Gunny? Word smithing. And not very good word smithing at that, when Buffett is saying the exact opposite of what Sinatra yet Sinatra somehow spins it to mean the opposite....:cuckoo:
talk about dance of the desperate

and gump once again shows what a complete moron he is
and jillian thanked him for his moronic crap
:lol:

That qualification in no way takes away the fact that he is taking issue with the abyssmal handling of the economy by the Obama administration - ...

So Buffett says in your piece "And President Obama is--he's very, very smart. he will be the right person to be the commander in chief in this economic crisis."

he was criticising him?

See Gunny? Word smithing. And not very good word smithing at that, when Buffett is saying the exact opposite of what Sinatra yet Sinatra somehow spins it to mean the opposite....:cuckoo:
talk about dance of the desperate
wrong, buffet said what sinatra said
LOL

Then obviously he doesn't think the right guy is doing the right thing.

Another quote from the article that obviously disagrees with your assessment. Now who's dissing Warren?

Buffet: He is the right president. And incidentally, this is the right country. I mean, we've got the right president, we've got the right country... And President Obama is--he's very, very smart. He's got, I think, exactly the right goals. He's articulate and I--you know, he will be the right person to be the commander in chief in this economic crisis.

Shrug...

BTW, thanks for the head's up Sinatra. Buffett obviously thinks the US has the right man for a crisis...cheers! :clap2:
I liked how he talked about Americans being able to overcome anything...a breathe of fresh air after all the doom and gloom coming from our "heros" on the right.

A political comment from dillo, and a good one as well. Christ must be on the way ....:lol:

If Dillo read the whole transcript (and the last bolded part on my last quote from the transcript), he wouldn't have said what he said. Well, he could have, but he'd look silly...

What he said is correct. Unlike many on this board believe, one CAN support an individual yet not agree with everything that individual does, AND criticize them for it. This all or nothing mentality displayed by some is almost as scary as the fact they are allowed to vote.

Then obviously he doesn't think the right guy is doing the right thing.

Another quote from the article that obviously disagrees with your assessment. Now who's dissing Warren?

Buffet: He is the right president. And incidentally, this is the right country. I mean, we've got the right president, we've got the right country... And President Obama is--he's very, very smart. He's got, I think, exactly the right goals. He's articulate and I--you know, he will be the right person to be the commander in chief in this economic crisis.

Shrug...

BTW, thanks for the head's up Sinatra. Buffett obviously thinks the US has the right man for a crisis...cheers! :clap2:
I liked how he talked about Americans being able to overcome anything...a breathe of fresh air after all the doom and gloom coming from our "heros" on the right.

Shit, we had 8 years of practice, being taught by the best. I warned then your shit would come back around to bite you in the ass. Enjoy.

What he said is correct. Unlike many on this board believe, one CAN support an individual yet not agree with everything that individual does, AND criticize them for it. This all or nothing mentality displayed by some is almost as scary as the fact they are allowed to vote.

Damn, we agree on this.

The other part we don't. Saying the war in Iraq sucked is not the same as predicitng doom and gloom. It is saying I think it is the wrong thing to do and we shouldn't have done it at the cost of Afghanistan.

As to others' coments about not being focused, when you have multiple problems and many of them are connected, you can't deal with just one at a time. Plus, a president has a large group of people to help him on this.

I would be doing the same thing if I went into a foundering squadron. Identify all the problems and start working on as many as possible at once. If some had to be fixed in a sequential manner than you priortize those.

Healthcare is related to the economic recovery.

Stem cell, well that really didn't take a lot of time.

Buffet, right now I don't think I trust any of the so called financial gurus. If you saw the Daly show, you saw Cramer making all his predictions that turned out wrong. Sometimes the best solutions come from the outside. The inside is to locked into their current and failing point of view.

Old Warren came out today and shared some deep concerns he has with the Obama administration and its handling of the economy.

Of the various disputes he shared, he called out Obama on the proposed Cap n Trade fiasco, stating (correctly) it will be the utility users who will pay the most. (that is all of us)

Buffet went on to share concern regarding the demonizing of Wall Street as well as openly opposing the Obama support for the union card-check legislation that would take away workers' right to a secret ballot.

These are major disputes folks - and shows once again the dwindling support the Obama administration now faces amongst a growing number who once fully supported their cause. (which was simply getting elected - now this administration appears clueless on how to actually govern)

Buffet also indicated that the administration needs to get a far more focused message - that job one and job two and job three are to be the economy. Currently Obama has been wandering wildly with stem cell research, Gitmo, public education, etc, when the overall prevailing concern right now is "the economy stupid."

And what Buffet enjoys that others in the media and the business world who have voiced similar concerns regarding Obama, is he is by far the richest and most powerful individual to so openly do so, and that puts the Obama administration in a bit of bind on how to deal with him.

I wouldn't call it dwindling support rather criticism. It's justified, it's allowed. Obama works better under pressure, you could see that during the campaign. These observations will be taken under consideration and he will adjust accordingly.

Jack Welch, another Obama supporter had some interesting words too for the administration and lack of focus:

Jack Welch: Obama’s Lack of Focus ‘Crazy’ But Criticism Makes You ‘Pariah’ | FinkelBlog

You can see the video above, I'm sure it's available on youtube too, but I can't access at school. Here's part of the transcript:

JACK WELCH: This guy is locked in another world. And he’s throwing all these initiatives into this game in the middle of a crisis. Focus on the crisis! Focus on the economy!

When Mika Brzezinski tried to stick up for the prez, she got a surprising earful . . .

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: You could argue all these initiatives are inter-related–energy, health care –

WELCH: Get out of here! They’re not related at all!

BRZEZINSKI: Did he just say that?

WELCH: Right now they’re not related. Right now it’s the economy, Mika. It’s the economy. It’s getting the banks going. It’s a clear message to everybody: all hands on deck. We have a crisis: let’s deal with this. Not one day, carbon tax. One day, take the kids out of the Washington schools. I mean it’s, it’s crazy!

A bit later, CNBC’s Maria Bartiromo emphatically seconded Welch’s point.

MARIA BARTIROMO: I agree with Jack 100%. I think that the market would actually begin to stabilize if Barack Obama came out and said: “look, this is the last time you’re going to see me at a podium talking about energy, talking about health care. We’ve got some teams on that. But right now, all hands on deck. We’re going to fix this economy, we’re going to get jobs going again. And, most importantly, we’re going to recapitalize the banks, and here’s how we’re going to do it.” People want a plan. They’re confused by all these things. Energy, health care, budget, higher taxes. All they want to know is: is my money safe? Where’s my money?...

Old Warren came out today and shared some deep concerns he has with the Obama administration and its handling of the economy.

Of the various disputes he shared, he called out Obama on the proposed Cap n Trade fiasco, stating (correctly) it will be the utility users who will pay the most. (that is all of us)

Buffet went on to share concern regarding the demonizing of Wall Street as well as openly opposing the Obama support for the union card-check legislation that would take away workers' right to a secret ballot.

These are major disputes folks - and shows once again the dwindling support the Obama administration now faces amongst a growing number who once fully supported their cause. (which was simply getting elected - now this administration appears clueless on how to actually govern)

Buffet also indicated that the administration needs to get a far more focused message - that job one and job two and job three are to be the economy. Currently Obama has been wandering wildly with stem cell research, Gitmo, public education, etc, when the overall prevailing concern right now is "the economy stupid."

And what Buffet enjoys that others in the media and the business world who have voiced similar concerns regarding Obama, is he is by far the richest and most powerful individual to so openly do so, and that puts the Obama administration in a bit of bind on how to deal with him.

I wouldn't call it dwindling support rather criticism. It's justified, it's allowed. Obama works better under pressure, you could see that during the campaign. These observations will be taken under consideration and he will adjust accordingly.

Obama completely loses it under pressure. Now he sleeps with his teleprompter. The guy has aged 5 years in the first 50 days.

Forum List

Back