Brutal NYT/CBS Poll for Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stephanie, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    :eusa_shhh:this can't be true.

.The New York Times is burrying the lead on their latest poll. The numbers are just brutal for the White House:

•70% of Americans feel things in this country are seriously off on the wrong track. That is the highest number since the 79% registered in 1/11/09 when President Bush was still in office.
    •80% rate the national economy as bad (44% fairly/36% very). Only 19% rate it as good (2% very/17% fairly).
    •39% think the economy is getting worse, only 23% say it is getting better. Last month those numbers were even at 26. In February they were flipped at 32% better, 22% worse.
    •57% disapprove of Obama’s handling of the economy. That is the highest disapproval measured by the CBS/NYT poll. His 38% approval is matched only once by a pre-Democractic election wipe out October poll.
    •59% disapprove of Obama’s handling of the federal budget. Also the highest CBS/NYT has ever measured that number.
    •Obama’s Libya approval numbers have completely flipped from 50/29 approve in March to 45/39 disapprove today.
    •46% disapprove of the way Obama is handling foreign policy. That is the highest number ever for Obama in a CBS/NYT poll. His 39% approval on FP is also his lowest score ever.
    •55% tell NYT/CBS they would rather have a smaller government providing fewer services. Only 33% want a bigger government with more services.
    •When asked “Do you think Barack Obama has the same priorities for the country as you have, or doesn’t he?” 53% said no and 43% said yes. When Obama was inaugurated those numbers were 65% and 28% no.

from..
    Brutal NYT/CBS Poll for Obama | Conn Carroll | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Okay sweetie.

Taking sig bets.

You in?

I am thinking Obama wins in 2012.

3. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    I see you didn't want to comment on the poll, I wouldn't either if I were a Obama cult follower.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Why would the NYT "bury" its own poll? The poll question was the main discussion on Morning Joe as well as C-Span's call-in program this morning, Washington Journal so it isn't as though the public is being kept in the dark.

Obama just happens to be president of the country as it experiences a rotten set of circumstances, and if you look deeper, you'll see there's equal blame for not doing enough to "fix it."

5. Sallow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    The bet.

In or out?

6. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Wow, these numbers do not help the Dems in their negotiations with the GOP over raising the debt ceiling and passing a budget for 2012. Some people wonder if the economy slows down even more when the Fed stops it's QE2 program. Plus, the costs of food and gas are going up and people are feeling the pinch. I think if things don't get markedly better then Obama will be a 1-term president.

7. Sallow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Hiring just started up again. Tech sector is on fire.

Guess those idiots finally figured out that Americans are the best employees bar none.:clap2:

8. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    I bet he wins too. Over 50% of the population is fucking retarded, like you. You people will vote for him again. Even if you're broke, jobless, out of gas, hungry, and surrounded by illegal aliens and jihadis. Thats how fucking mentally screwed up you lefties are.

9. Sallow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    I just moved into a luxury duplex and that's after renovating my manhattan co-op which I am renting out. My bonus this year was double what it was last year (but still half of what it was at it's peak).

How you doin'?

10. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Yep. Now....if only Obama would stop filing lawsuits against the companies who don't hire the "proper" employees: Boeing lawsuit: South Carolina vs. big labor | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

Guess we are NOT all in this together after all, since Obama sues those who dare hire people who are non-union.