Browns on right track to be superbowl contenders again thanks to Clark Hunt

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Cleveland Browns fans have a lot to get excited about with their team.

I Watched the Rams/Browns game last night and this Browns team is for sure on the right track to being a playoff contender year after year soon,maybe not this year but next year for sure especially now since the Steelers are on the decline and going downhill. They only lost to the high scoring Rams by just just a touchdown last night and WOULD have won as well if their coach was not such an idiot.

The ONLY reason they did not win this game was their coach called a play i would expect Pete the cheat Carrol to call having them go for it on 4th and 9 when they had not moved the ball down the field all night long. I could understand that call if it was a SHOOTOUT and neither defense could stop the other like the chiefs/Rams game on monday night last year but it was just the opposite,a defensive battle and yet that was the play he called.:rolleyes:

That play was called at midfield and since the Rams stopped them,they were able to take over and have a short field to work with and get what turned out to be the deciding touchdown that won the game for them. If the Browns just PUNT the ball,then the Rams dont have that short field to work with to get a touchdown and the Browns dont have to come so very close to tying up the game and sending it into overtime as they almost were able to in the last few minutes when they were driving to tie it up in the final two minutes.They would have just been able to kick a field goal and they would have won if not for their coach.

I said Brown fans have Clark Hunt to thank for them finally being a contender again after earning the name the Cleveland Clowns for so many years and maybe decades now since the 80's when they had Marty Shottenheimer. Their General manager they have,cant remember his name,he is the SAME General manager who was fired by Hunt while working for the Chiefs and he drafted none other than Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers when he was with the Packers before that. He obviously knows his quarterbacks and can see how they have a bright future,Baker Mayfield no exception and he drafts the best, Best QB general manager ever.

The Browns are 1-and 2 and SHOULD be 2-1 DESPITE their head coach. The Browns almost went 2-1 winning despite him since the GM has drafted and developed some great talent.His next step is he needs to fire that coach.Man if they could get a good coach like Mcvey or Andy Reid,someone like that,this team would be GREAT,not just good now.

It cannot be argued they do not have a good coach because Collingsworth and Michaels mentioned they lead the league in penaltys after two games and after the penaltys they committed last night,after three games,they just solidified that. That falls squarly on the coach.Thats a reflection of him. Don Shula and Bill Parcells,I remember their teams were ALWAYS the least penalized teams in the league. Im sure that has been the case with many other great coachs as well.

I am going to do something I normally dont do. In two weeks,the niners will be playing the Browns so I will have to watch that game,thats what I normally dont do is watch a team play if it is not the Rams.Will have to do so because I dont see the Rams losing at home next week to Tampa,Goof plays MUCH better at home than on the road so it will be interesting to see if the niners can remain undefeated in two weeks when they square off against the Browns plus it will be fun to see how the Browns recover on the road in SF.Not only that,assuming the Niners who have a bye this week,beat the Browns and the Rams win their next two games.that will be quite a storyline for the claissic california matchup of the Rams/Niners game in LA which I will be at by the way..:):5_1_12024::dance:

Always wanted to see a Rams/Niners game in LA my whole life and for sure want to see then in the LA coliseum before they go into the new stadium next year. Unlike the sheep in La who are thrilled about the new stadium,I am PISSED about it, playing in a stadium in SUNNY california with a roof over your head.How fucking stupid is that and yet they are excited about that.jesus christ the stupidity of NFL fans.:rolleyes:

back in the OLD DAYS when the LA coliseum was built,those were the good old days before these greedy evil owners put a shiny brand new stadium over history and tradition.:mad: give me the old decrept LA coliseum ANYDAY of the year over a state of the art fucking new stadiumity.:mad:

Last edited:

I Watched the Rams/Browns game last night and this Browns team is for sure on the right track to being a playoff contender year after year soon,maybe not this year but next year for sure especially now since the Steelers are on the decline and going downhill. They only lost to the high scoring Rams by just just a touchdown last night and WOULD have won as well if their coach was not such an idiot.

The ONLY reason they did not win this game was their coach called a play i would expect Pete the cheat Carrol to call having them go for it on 4th and 9 when they had not moved the ball down the field all night long. I could understand that call if it was a SHOOTOUT and neither defense could stop the other like the chiefs/Rams game on monday night last year but it was just the opposite,a defensive battle and yet that was the play he called.:rolleyes:

That play was called at midfield and since the Rams stopped them,they were able to take over and have a short field to work with and get what turned out to be the deciding touchdown that won the game for them. If the Browns just PUNT the ball,then the Rams dont have that short field to work with to get a touchdown and the Browns dont have to come so very close to tying up the game and sending it into overtime as they almost were able to in the last few minutes when they were driving to tie it up in the final two minutes.They would have just been able to kick a field goal and they would have won if not for their coach.

I said Brown fans have Clark Hunt to thank for them finally being a contender again after earning the name the Cleveland Clowns for so many years and maybe decades now since the 80's when they had Marty Shottenheimer. Their General manager they have,cant remember his name,he is the SAME General manager who was fired by Hunt while working for the Chiefs and he drafted none other than Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers when he was with the Packers before that. He obviously knows his quarterbacks and can see how they have a bright future,Baker Mayfield no exception and he drafts the best, Best QB general manager ever.

The Browns are 1-and 2 and SHOULD be 2-1 DESPITE their head coach. The Browns almost went 2-1 winning despite him since the GM has drafted and developed some great talent.His next step is he needs to fire that coach.Man if they could get a good coach like Mcvey or Andy Reid,someone like that,this team would be GREAT,not just good now.

It cannot be argued they do not have a good coach because Collingsworth and Michaels mentioned they lead the league in penaltys after two games and after the penaltys they committed last night,after three games,they just solidified that. That falls squarly on the coach.Thats a reflection of him. Don Shula and Bill Parcells,I remember their teams were ALWAYS the least penalized teams in the league. Im sure that has been the case with many other great coachs as well.

I am going to do something I normally dont do. In two weeks,the niners will be playing the Browns so I will have to watch that game,thats what I normally dont do is watch a team play if it is not the Rams.Will have to do so because I dont see the Rams losing at home next week to Tampa,Goof plays MUCH better at home than on the road so it will be interesting to see if the niners can remain undefeated in two weeks when they square off against the Browns plus it will be fun to see how the Browns recover on the road in SF.Not only that,assuming the Niners who have a bye this week,beat the Browns and the Rams win their next two games.that will be quite a storyline for the claissic california matchup of the Rams/Niners game in LA which I will be at by the way..:):5_1_12024::dance:

Always wanted to see a Rams/Niners game in LA my whole life and for sure want to see then in the LA coliseum before they go into the new stadium next year. Unlike the sheep in La who are thrilled about the new stadium,I am PISSED about it, playing in a stadium in SUNNY california with a roof over your head.How fucking stupid is that and yet they are excited about that.jesus christ the stupidity of NFL fans.:rolleyes:

back in the OLD DAYS when the LA coliseum was built,those were the good old days before these greedy evil owners put a shiny brand new stadium over history and tradition.:mad: give me the old decrept LA coliseum ANYDAY of the year over a state of the art fucking new stadiumity.:mad:
The lions will kill Cleveland

Uh dude that game isnt until sometime down the road AFTER they play the Rams so that point is mute. I live here in KC so I notice they host the chiefs this week so what is your prediction on THAT game since that is NOT mute.

oh and what do you think of the topic,dont you agree the Browns would be a great team if they would get rid of their coach and find a GOOD coach out there like mcvey or Reid?

It would be nice to see a decent Browns team for once. I think they have the personnel to be there.

and like i said,hey have Clark Hunt to thank for that since he let his GM go,the same guy who drafted Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers and clay matthews before him. Hunt gave cleveland a GOLDMINE.:abgg2q.jpg:

Uh dude that game isnt until sometime down the road AFTER they play the Rams so that point is mute. I live here in KC so I notice they host the chiefs this week so what is your prediction on THAT game since that is NOT mute.

oh and what do you think of the topic,dont you agree the Browns would be a great team if they would get rid of their coach and find a GOOD coach out there like mcvey or Reid?
I don’t see the Browns ever being good. I’ve hated them since Bernie kozar

I like Aaron Rodgers. He’s gonna whip the eagles

I would love to see eagles pull the upset though

WHY did you hate them when they had Kosar? Kosar wasnt a jerk or anything. I liked those Browns back then,was always fun watching them be in the playoffs year after year and that crazy dodpound.man those were the good old days.
Major bummer for the Brown fans when Byner had the fumble which cost them the superbowl.they for sure SHOULD have been in that superbowl,that cant be debated.

I totally disagree with you by leaps and bounds on the browns. You did not seem to catch the part of my OP that the new GM that they got last year John Dorsey is a GOLDMINE for the Browns. This guy has built superbowl contenders EVERYWHERE he has gone.

He is the genius who drafted Mahomes,the best quarterback draft the Chiefs have EVER had in their entire NFL existance,and before that,Aaron Rodgers and clay matthews of the packers. this guy knows how to build a contender. He IS going to have to man up though and admit he screwed up and made a mistake with the Coach he hired. Leading the league in penaltys after two games,thats all on the coach.

Man if he could like get Mike Holmgren out of retirement or SOMEONE who is a really good coach like that,this team would for sure be a superbowl contender year after year. IF he does NOT admit he made a mistake and hangs on to this coach though,i agree with you,this Browns team will then NEVER go anywhere.

I dont know about their other loss they had this year but they SHOULD have won that game against my Rams monday night and be at least 2-1 right now. Dorsey same as in GB and in KC is building the talent for them to be a contender,he just needs to get rid of that coach and that will be the missing piece in the puzzle.

Like i said,after watching this game against my Rams,I am going to do something in a couple weeks I seldom EVER do,watch an NFL game that does not have the Rams when the niners play the Browns on a sunday night game in two weeks. Since the niners play my Rams the following week after that,that niners/Browns game will be an interesting game to watch ESPECIALLY if both teams are undefeated at that point.

Last edited:
I think the Browns are poised for some good football, and good seasons. They got rid of that horrible GM, and now have a good one, and Baker Mayfield may be the answer.

WHY did you hate them when they had Kosar? Kosar wasnt a jerk or anything. I liked those Browns back then,was always fun watching them be in the playoffs year after year and that crazy dodpound.man those were the good old days.
Major bummer for the Brown fans when Byner had the fumble which cost them the superbowl.they for sure SHOULD have been in that superbowl,that cant be debated.

I totally disagree with you by leaps and bounds on the browns. You did not seem to catch the part of my OP that the new GM that they got last year John Dorsey is a GOLDMINE for the Browns. This guy has built superbowl contenders EVERYWHERE he has gone.

He is the genius who drafted Mahomes,the best quarterback draft the Chiefs have EVER had in their entire NFL existance,and before that,Aaron Rodgers and clay matthews of the packers. this guy knows how to build a contender. He IS going to have to man up though and admit he screwed up and made a mistake with the Coach he hired. Leading the league in penaltys after two games,thats all on the coach.

Man if he could like get Mike Holmgren out of retirement or SOMEONE who is a really good coach like that,this team would for sure be a superbowl contender year after year. IF he does NOT admit he made a mistake and hangs on to this coach though,i agree with you,this Browns team will then NEVER go anywhere.

I dont know about their other loss they had this year but they SHOULD have won that game against my Rams monday night and be at least 2-1 right now. Dorsey same as in GB and in KC is building the talent for them to be a contender,he just needs to get rid of that coach and that will be the missing piece in the puzzle.

Like i said,after watching this game against my Rams,I am going to do something in a couple weeks I seldom EVER do,watch an NFL game that does not have the Rams when the niners play the Browns on a sunday night game in two weeks. Since the niners play my Rams the following week after that,that niners/Browns game will be an interesting game to watch ESPECIALLY if both teams are undefeated at that point.

I hate the Browns because in college I had a buddy who was a Browns fan and the team with Bernie Kozar was just so fucking boring. Bernie was the king of short passes. That's why he was so accurate. Throw the ball down the field and lets see you complete that many passes.

And they came up short. I would have more respect for the Browns if they ever won something.

I don't hate the Browns. I hate New England and Dallas because they are winners. I just don't care or like the Browns. They suck. And until they win it all, I'll always think they suck. Sort of like Atlanta. They came close, but blew it. Now where are they? This is what will happen with the Browns. They'll maybe make the playoffs via wildcard one day and get knocked out in the first round. At best.

They almost suck as bad as my Lions. LOL

The OP doesn't seem to understand football very well.

No one here believes you understand football. Just because you live in New England doesn't mean you know shit about football you tool bag. It's not an asian thang.

Patrick Chung is only one quarter Asian but 3/4 black. However Miami Dolphins Tight End Thomas Duarte. Hispanic last name but he is 100% Asian.

However, Hines Ward was a pretty big star and he is half black, half Korean. Ed Wang was from the United States of America, but both of his parents were a hundred percent Chinese heritage. And finally, who could forget Dat Nguyen? Sounds Vietnamese. But he was as American as the Dallas Cowboys who he played for. I assume his parents were from Vietnam but he is American of Asian descent.

Hines Ward is one of the best players not in the Hall of Fame today.

main-qimg-27a63e51ba690ff7ad0b6cc0429627bc.webp

Ed Wang here was drafted by the Buffalo Bills, and also played for the Oakland Raiders, after an excellent college career at Virginia Tech, near his birthplace of Fairfax Virginia. Linemen are not very public figures, and today is actually the first time I have seen Ed Wang's face. He certainly looks like an Asian NFL player. His parents were from China, so they are Chinese, but he is not Chinese himself. Ed Wang is a Chinese-American. Although he is of Chinese heritage, Ed Wang is American.

main-qimg-4cc25a3738ab20880daa9bb6e084d535.webp

Dat Nguyen is not Vietnamese. He is American, of Vietnamese descent. He is not actually from Vietnam himself, his parents were. Dat Nguyen was born in Arkansas and went to high school in Texas, where he developed into a really great football player. Dat Nguyen is considered the greatest Vietnamese-American in NFL history.

After a decent career with the Dallas Cowboys, when Dat Nguyen had to retire due to injuries eventually, the Cowboys hired him to become the linebackers coach. He did such a good job his alma mater, Texas A&M University, then hired him for the same position as linebackers coach. Dat Nguyen is also in the College Football Hall of Fame after his record setting career at Texas A&M.

That's not even to mention active players like Younghoe Koo, moved to the United States from South Korea not knowing a word of English, and then went on to win the Lou Groza award as college football's best kicker a year ago. With some of the crappy kickers in the NFL right now, I would be surprised if Younghoe Koo does not have a job next season

main-qimg-5f04740d0861178f23e15cb1f4828f8c

The OP doesn't seem to understand football very well.
And you do?
:2up::abgg2q.jpg::haha::thankusmile:

He seems to have an obsession with you.No way would he have come on here and farted in my thread had you not posted here.:haha::lmao::laughing0301:
Lets see if he can tell you why you don't understand football very well. He can say you don't but can't put his finger on why. That's because he's just trolling.

I know,thats WHY i put this troll on ignore YEARS ago. you always feed him,i dont know WHY you do that.like you said,all he does is say something stupid and he cant back up it up with examples.

Like I did for example where I said IF the Browns fire the coach they have now and can get a good one out there like andy reid or sean mcvey or someone like that, I think THEN they will be a playoff contender year after year where as it stands now,as long as they have the coach they do now,i dont believe that will happen.the team might be talented enough to overcome having a bad coach like the chiefs were when they had marty shittenheimer,but i dont think so.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back