"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

Well, based on what I am reading here, it was a serious mistake for Bush to ask for Brownie's resignation. I mean, after all, he was doing such a great job.....

What are you saying? Your claim that everyone who wanted to get out of the city did before the storm hit is completely untrue. I think something like 10% of people living in New Orleans don't have cars. Those people were supposed to be evacuated using city school buses in an emergency...but Ray Nagin never pulled the trigger on that so those people were stuck in the city when Katrina came ashore...either trying to ride it out in their homes or seeking "shelter" at the Superdome which Nagin hadn't adequately supplied at all.

Where do I begin....That's so wrong that it's difficult to find a grain of truth in it. Try this and apply to Aug 28 before the storm hit:

Nagin orders first-ever mandatory evacuation of New Orleans

"New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin called for a first-ever mandatory evacuation of the city this morning, saying that Hurricane Katrina's devastating power may well create the sort of cataclysmic damage that residents have long worried that a killer storm could cause in a city that lies mostly below sea level.

"I wish I had better news, but we're facing the storm most of us have feared, " said Nagin, flanked by city and state officials, including Gov. Kathleen Blanco. "This is very serious. This is going to be an unprecedented event. "

Nagin said Katrina's "awesome" winds are likely to create storm surges that overwhelm the city's system of levees, causing water to pour into lower-lying areas. Blanco said the water could get as high as 20 feet in places.

The city has 30 boats at its disposal, the mayor said.

The governor also said that President Bush had telephoned shortly before the 9:30 a.m. press conference began. She said Bush said he was "very concerned about the storm's impact" and urged Blanco and Nagin to order the evacuation.

"We need to get as many people out as possible, " she said.

Around 112,000 Orleanians do not own cars, according to census data. Nagin urged those people to seek rides with friends, family, neighbors and church members. Those who could not find rides were urged to get to the Superdome (Katrina photos: Superdome
photo.gif
) as quickly as possible"

Yeah, that's all lovely, Campbell but it ignores the fact that Nagin is ordering that mandatory evacuation too late and while he's doing it...HE'S NOT FOLLOWING THE EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN THAT THE CITY HAD IN PLACE TO USE SCHOOL BUSES TO GET PEOPLE OUT OF THE CITY WHO DIDN'T HAVE CARS!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people? Nagin and Blanco waited until the last minute...realized that they probably should have ordered a mandatory evacuation long before that...and then to make matters worse basically told those poor people to hitch a ride with neighbors after leading them to believe that the city would provide transportation if an evacuation was ever called for?

Is that leadership? Because if you think it is...then you have no clue as to what real leadership is!

As already posted --- Blanco declared a state of emergency on Friday, well before the path to New Orleans was even known. First of the affected governors to do so, although nobody knew at that point what the path was going to be. You armchair Monday morning quarterbacks sitting in Bumfuck Nebraska sitting on a bottomless well of Clueless are hysterical. In more than one sense.

As already posted...Jeb Bush had declared a state of emergency in the State of Florida because of Katrina, long before Blanco did.

And I'm sitting in Fort Myers, Florida...Sparky! Where I've been sitting for quite some time.

Do you get tired of posting things that make you look stupid?
Bush declared a state of emergency 1 day before Katrina hit his state. Blanco declared a state of emergency 3 days before Katrina hit hers. Your point is ... ?

Jeb Bush is an asshole! He and his concubine Katherine Harris stole the 2000 election from Al Gore. I had a friend who was working for a third party computer maintenance company out of southern FL during that fiasco and he told me that it couldn't have been more obvious that the votes which were being disqualified because the chad wasn't completely pressed out of the card were 90% Democrat votes. Al Gore got over half a million more of the popular vote than Bush and Florida is the only reason he didn't become president. The old man Bush was a good man and a war hero. The rest of that clan suck. It's a good thing they all had money or they would have been mowing lawns and gathering veggies. If you have a couple of minutes read this article from Esquire magazine:

War Criminals Among Us: Bush, Cheney, and the Eyes of the World

Katrina was a tropical depression on the 23rd. 23,24,25,26,27,28,29. 7 days. I count 7 days. How many do you count?
I count 1 ineducable conservative. But I understand, to brain-dead conservatives, 29-23=7. :cuckoo:

I'll try one last time to educate you. If this still doesn't get through to you, you're completely hopeless ....

Katrina, before being named, formed as a tropical depression on August 23rd, 2005 at around 1700 CDT. It hit New Orleans on August 29th, 2005 at around 0700 CDT.

From 8.23.2005 1700 CDT to 8.29.2005 0700 CDT is 134 hours.

There are 144 hours in six days.

Just how fucking mentally retarded are you to think Katrina formed 7 days before it struck New Orleans when fewer hours found in 6 days transpired??

You're fucking insane.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Wow, I can't believe you just counted hours instead of days because that gives you the appearance of one less day! You're one of the most dedicated apologists I've ever run across. You've now spent days defending Ray Nagin's handling of Katrina and that's the best you can come up with?
You're an idiot.

I counted days. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans. I counted numbers. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans. I counted hours. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans.

And it's not to give the appearance of one less day -- it's to be factually accurate. How many days do you think transpired from the time Katrina formed to the time it made landfall in Louisiana?

Six days.
Yet here you are, criticizing me for saying it was 6 days as I tried to educate a moron idiotically claiming it was 7 days. :cuckoo:

So tell me how long you think it should take for a city's Mayor to activate an emergency response plan that is already in place? Or in Ray Nagin's case TOTALLY FAIL TO ACTIVATE IT!
Less than an hour.

What difference does that make? Six days? Seven days? Five days? Still plenty of time to prepare to put an already existing emergency plan into effect yet Ray Nagin whiffed on it, Faun.

Where do I begin....That's so wrong that it's difficult to find a grain of truth in it. Try this and apply to Aug 28 before the storm hit:

Nagin orders first-ever mandatory evacuation of New Orleans

"New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin called for a first-ever mandatory evacuation of the city this morning, saying that Hurricane Katrina's devastating power may well create the sort of cataclysmic damage that residents have long worried that a killer storm could cause in a city that lies mostly below sea level.

"I wish I had better news, but we're facing the storm most of us have feared, " said Nagin, flanked by city and state officials, including Gov. Kathleen Blanco. "This is very serious. This is going to be an unprecedented event. "

Nagin said Katrina's "awesome" winds are likely to create storm surges that overwhelm the city's system of levees, causing water to pour into lower-lying areas. Blanco said the water could get as high as 20 feet in places.

The city has 30 boats at its disposal, the mayor said.

The governor also said that President Bush had telephoned shortly before the 9:30 a.m. press conference began. She said Bush said he was "very concerned about the storm's impact" and urged Blanco and Nagin to order the evacuation.

"We need to get as many people out as possible, " she said.

Around 112,000 Orleanians do not own cars, according to census data. Nagin urged those people to seek rides with friends, family, neighbors and church members. Those who could not find rides were urged to get to the Superdome (Katrina photos: Superdome
photo.gif
) as quickly as possible"

Yeah, that's all lovely, Campbell but it ignores the fact that Nagin is ordering that mandatory evacuation too late and while he's doing it...HE'S NOT FOLLOWING THE EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN THAT THE CITY HAD IN PLACE TO USE SCHOOL BUSES TO GET PEOPLE OUT OF THE CITY WHO DIDN'T HAVE CARS!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people? Nagin and Blanco waited until the last minute...realized that they probably should have ordered a mandatory evacuation long before that...and then to make matters worse basically told those poor people to hitch a ride with neighbors after leading them to believe that the city would provide transportation if an evacuation was ever called for?

Is that leadership? Because if you think it is...then you have no clue as to what real leadership is!

As already posted --- Blanco declared a state of emergency on Friday, well before the path to New Orleans was even known. First of the affected governors to do so, although nobody knew at that point what the path was going to be. You armchair Monday morning quarterbacks sitting in Bumfuck Nebraska sitting on a bottomless well of Clueless are hysterical. In more than one sense.

As already posted...Jeb Bush had declared a state of emergency in the State of Florida because of Katrina, long before Blanco did.

And I'm sitting in Fort Myers, Florida...Sparky! Where I've been sitting for quite some time.

Bush declared a state of emergency 1 day before Katrina hit his state. Blanco declared a state of emergency 3 days before Katrina hit hers. Your point is ... ?

Jeb Bush is an asshole! He and his concubine Katherine Harris stole the 2000 election from Al Gore. I had a friend who was working for a third party computer maintenance company out of southern FL during that fiasco and he told me that it couldn't have been more obvious that the votes which were being disqualified because the chad wasn't completely pressed out of the card were 90% Democrat votes. Al Gore got over half a million more of the popular vote than Bush and Florida is the only reason he didn't become president. The old man Bush was a good man and a war hero. The rest of that clan suck. It's a good thing they all had money or they would have been mowing lawns and gathering veggies. If you have a couple of minutes read this article from Esquire magazine:

Oh God...another clueless liberal moaning about Gore losing Florida? Seriously dude...get a life! If the major news organizations hadn't called Florida for Gore hours before the polls closed in the Panhandle that race wouldn't have even been close!

I count 1 ineducable conservative. But I understand, to brain-dead conservatives, 29-23=7. :cuckoo:

I'll try one last time to educate you. If this still doesn't get through to you, you're completely hopeless ....

Katrina, before being named, formed as a tropical depression on August 23rd, 2005 at around 1700 CDT. It hit New Orleans on August 29th, 2005 at around 0700 CDT.

From 8.23.2005 1700 CDT to 8.29.2005 0700 CDT is 134 hours.

There are 144 hours in six days.

Just how fucking mentally retarded are you to think Katrina formed 7 days before it struck New Orleans when fewer hours found in 6 days transpired??

You're fucking insane.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Wow, I can't believe you just counted hours instead of days because that gives you the appearance of one less day! You're one of the most dedicated apologists I've ever run across. You've now spent days defending Ray Nagin's handling of Katrina and that's the best you can come up with?
You're an idiot.

I counted days. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans. I counted numbers. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans. I counted hours. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans.

And it's not to give the appearance of one less day -- it's to be factually accurate. How many days do you think transpired from the time Katrina formed to the time it made landfall in Louisiana?

Six days.
Yet here you are, criticizing me for saying it was 6 days as I tried to educate a moron idiotically claiming it was 7 days. :cuckoo:

So tell me how long you think it should take for a city's Mayor to activate an emergency response plan that is already in place? Or in Ray Nagin's case TOTALLY FAIL TO ACTIVATE IT!
Less than an hour.

What difference does that make? Six days? Seven days? Five days? Still plenty of time to prepare to put an already existing emergency plan into effect yet Ray Nagin whiffed on it, Faun.
Again, they had 2 days to prepare. 3 at most if you include Friday when Katrina was expected to hit Alabama. Prior to then, the storm was expected hit Florida again.

And it matters because some moron is insisting 6 days is actually 7. And for the forum's entertainment, he's even showing conservative fuzzy math in a failed attempt to prove himself right.

Oh God...another clueless liberal moaning about Gore losing Florida? Seriously dude...get a life! If the major news organizations hadn't called Florida for Gore hours before the polls closed in the Panhandle that race wouldn't have even been close!
You truly are a fucking imbecile.

Now you have to prove news called the election for Gore "hours" before the polls closed in the Panhandle or you prove me right that you're a fucking imbecile.

Which is it...?

You're an idiot.

Six days.

Less than an hour.

Again, they had 2 days to prepare. 3 at most if you include Friday when Katrina was expected to hit Alabama. Prior to then, the storm was expected hit Florida again.

And it matters because some moron is insisting 6 days is actually 7. And for the forum's entertainment, he's even showing conservative fuzzy math in a failed attempt to prove himself right.

They had YEARS to prepare, you buffoon! It's New Orleans! They're a city that has vast areas below sea level in a hurricane prone location! So explain to me why it was that Ray Nagin didn't use the existing emergency evacuation plan?

Now you have to prove news called the election for Gore "hours" before the polls closed in the Panhandle or you prove me right that you're a fucking imbecile.

Which is it...?

I shouldn't have said hours. The polls were still open in the Panhandle for ten minutes when the call was made however there were long lines at polling places and under Florida law if you're standing in line to vote when the polls close...you will be allowed to vote no matter how long it takes. So how many potential Bush voters simply gave up waiting in line to vote once Gore was declared the victor in Florida and went home?

The news organizations realized that they'd made a fatal error in coverage to the point where they all decided that from that election on...winners would not be declared until polls closed throughout a State since there are twelve States that occupy more than one time zone.

Which is it...?

I shouldn't have said hours. The polls were still open in the Panhandle for ten minutes when the call was made however there were long lines at polling places and under Florida law if you're standing in line to vote when the polls close...you will be allowed to vote no matter how long it takes. So how many potential Bush voters simply gave up waiting in line to vote once Gore was declared the victor in Florida and went home?

The news organizations realized that they'd made a fatal error in coverage to the point where they all decided that from that election on...winners would not be declared until polls closed throughout a State since there are twelve States that occupy more than one time zone.
10 minutes was "hours."

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Now tell me which polling locations have TVs so people in line would have heard that report with just 10 minutes till closing?

Which is it...?

10 minutes was "hours."

Now tell me which polling locations have TVs so people in line would have heard that report with just 10 minutes till closing?

Gore did not win Florida. Man made global warming is a hoax. Liberalism is a mental disease. Hillary is a criminal. Liberalism always fails. Obama has destroyed the democrat party.

You silly fucks asked for it, now you have to deal with it.

Which is it...?

10 minutes was "hours."

All it takes is one person to walk up to a line and say: "They called Florida for Gore!" How many people are going to remain standing in line to vote for someone who's already lost?

Which is it...?

10 minutes was "hours."

Gore did not win Florida. Man made global warming is a hoax. Liberalism is a mental disease. Hillary is a criminal. Liberalism always fails. Obama has destroyed the democrat party.

If that were true, then you're a raging Liberal because your brain is far more diseased than just about everyone posting here.

An even better question is how many votes did Bush lose in the western part of the country after news organizations were saying that it was almost impossible for Bush to win the election having lost Florida?

Which is it...?

10 minutes was "hours."

All it takes is one person to walk up to a line and say: "They called Florida for Gore!" How many people are going to remain standing in line to vote for someone who's already lost?
You just said people got out of line because of the news. Now your claim is that people knowing that got into line??

That's the problem when you make shit up ... Defending it becomes exponentially more difficult. Prove there were "long lines" at 6:50pm CDT. Prove people on line heard the news. Prove they didn't vote anyway if they heard the news.

All you have is bullshit and conjecture.

Last edited:

Which is it...?

10 minutes was "hours."

If that were true, then you're a raging Liberal because your brain is far more diseased than just about everyone posting here.

My brain is just fine, thanks for asking. Everything I said is true. The country gave liberalism 60 years or so and it failed. Its over, sanity is returning.

Which is it...?

10 minutes was "hours."

You just said people got out of line because of the news. Ow your claim is that people knowing that got into line??

That's the problem when you make shit up ... Defending it becomes exponentially more difficult. Prove there were "long lines" at 6:50pm CDT. Prove people on line heard the news. Prove they didn't vote anyway if they heard the news.

Are you aware that there were thousands of military absentee ballots that were not counted in Florida? How many of them do you think were for algore the prophet of AGW?

Which is it...?

10 minutes was "hours."

My brain is just fine, thanks for asking. Everything I said is true. The country gave liberalism 60 years or so and it failed. Its over, sanity is returning.
If your brain was fine, you wouldn't be saying some of the most bizarre shit I've seen posted on this site.

Which is it...?

10 minutes was "hours."

You just said people got out of line because of the news. Ow your claim is that people knowing that got into line??

There were long lines EVERYWHERE in Florida in 2000! I know because I waited in one of them for hours to vote. I also know that we were told that if we were in line that we would still be allowed to vote even after the polling place had officially closed.

And there was a great deal of conversation going on in that line about the race being as close as it was. There were people who came right before the polls closed who were saying they hadn't planned on voting but because the race was so close felt like they had no choice.

Would those people have come out if Florida had already been declared for Gore like it was in the Panhandle? Or would the people coming in late have simply relayed the news that the race was "over" and that Gore had won?

Forum List

Back