"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

You truly are a fucking imbecile.

Now you have to prove news called the election for Gore "hours" before the polls closed in the Panhandle or you prove me right that you're a fucking imbecile.

Which is it...?

I shouldn't have said hours. The polls were still open in the Panhandle for ten minutes when the call was made however there were long lines at polling places and under Florida law if you're standing in line to vote when the polls close...you will be allowed to vote no matter how long it takes. So how many potential Bush voters simply gave up waiting in line to vote once Gore was declared the victor in Florida and went home?

The news organizations realized that they'd made a fatal error in coverage to the point where they all decided that from that election on...winners would not be declared until polls closed throughout a State since there are twelve States that occupy more than one time zone.
10 minutes was "hours."

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Now tell me which polling locations have TVs so people in line would have heard that report with just 10 minutes till closing?

All it takes is one person to walk up to a line and say: "They called Florida for Gore!" How many people are going to remain standing in line to vote for someone who's already lost?
You just said people got out of line because of the news. Ow your claim is that people knowing that got into line??

That's the problem when you make shit up ... Defending it becomes exponentially more difficult. Prove there were "long lines" at 6:50pm CDT. Prove people on line heard the news. Prove they didn't vote anyway if they heard the news.

All you have is bullshit and conjecture.

Are you aware that there were thousands of military absentee ballots that were not counted in Florida? How many of them do you think were for algore the prophet of AGW?
Apparently, you're not aware that a judge overturned that and ordered those ballots be counted.

You truly are a fucking imbecile.

Now you have to prove news called the election for Gore "hours" before the polls closed in the Panhandle or you prove me right that you're a fucking imbecile.

Which is it...?

I shouldn't have said hours. The polls were still open in the Panhandle for ten minutes when the call was made however there were long lines at polling places and under Florida law if you're standing in line to vote when the polls close...you will be allowed to vote no matter how long it takes. So how many potential Bush voters simply gave up waiting in line to vote once Gore was declared the victor in Florida and went home?

The news organizations realized that they'd made a fatal error in coverage to the point where they all decided that from that election on...winners would not be declared until polls closed throughout a State since there are twelve States that occupy more than one time zone.
10 minutes was "hours."

Now tell me which polling locations have TVs so people in line would have heard that report with just 10 minutes till closing?

All it takes is one person to walk up to a line and say: "They called Florida for Gore!" How many people are going to remain standing in line to vote for someone who's already lost?
You just said people got out of line because of the news. Ow your claim is that people knowing that got into line??

That's the problem when you make shit up ... Defending it becomes exponentially more difficult. Prove there were "long lines" at 6:50pm CDT. Prove people on line heard the news. Prove they didn't vote anyway if they heard the news.

There were long lines EVERYWHERE in Florida in 2000! I know because I waited in one of them for hours to vote. I also know that we were told that if we were in line that we would still be allowed to vote even after the polling place had officially closed.
You're fucking nuts. Who walks away from the poll after waiting on line because some stranger they don't know claims that Gore just won Florida with just 10 minutes to go before the polls close,. What idiot gets out of line and gives up their vote they're about to cast for the Senate race, the House race, state races, the local measures, county measures, state measures, judges, everything else on the ballot; they just walk away from voting om any of it because some stranger told him that Gore won the election.

Again, you're armed with nothing but ignorance, bullshit, and conjecture. Which is exactly where you started when you began by moronically claiming news agencies called the election for Gore "hours" before the polls closed in the Panhandle.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

10 minutes was "hours."

There were long lines EVERYWHERE in Florida in 2000! I know because I waited in one of them for hours to vote. I also know that we were told that if we were in line that we would still be allowed to vote even after the polling place had officially closed.
You're fucking nuts. Who walks away from the poll after waiting on line because some stranger they don't know claims that Gore just won Florida with just 10 minutes to go before the polls close,. What idiot gets out of line and gives up their vote they're about to cast for the Senate race, the House race, state races, the local measures, county measures, state measures, judges, everything else on the ballot; they just walk away from voting om any of it because some stranger told him that Gore won the election.

Again, you're armed with nothing but ignorance, bullshit, and conjecture. Which is exactly where you started when you began by moronically claiming news agencies called the election for Gore "hours" before the polls closed in the Panhandle.

A HUGE percentage of the American electorate could care less about anything else but the Presidential race! It's why mid-term elections always have a much lighter turnout. If you've already stood in line wanting to vote for Bush but you've just been told that he's lost...do you stick around for what might be another hour to vote for him in a race that you've been told is already decided? Or do you shake your head and go home?

I was in a line that night that went out the door and around the block when the polls closed. Why? Because it was an extremely close race and everyone knew it.

10 minutes was "hours."

Are you aware that there were thousands of military absentee ballots that were not counted in Florida? How many of them do you think were for algore the prophet of AGW?
Apparently, you're not aware that a judge overturned that and ordered those ballots be counted.

Yes, and they were part of the reason that Bush won. But until that judge ruled that they must be counted, the dems controlling the count were determined to ignore them. Face it, Gore was, and is, a loser, a liar, and a fraud.

10 minutes was "hours."

and you are a moron, or moronette as the case may be.

I mean think about it...you've got all those people who ended up at the Superdome because Nagin didn't pull the trigger on using buses to get people out of the city...the only supplies AT the Superdome were provided not by the city of New Orleans or the State of Louisiana but by FEMA...the Superdome is surrounded by floodwaters caused by levee failures which might have been averted if local politicians hadn't for decades diverted Federal funds for flood control to their own pet projects...the Governor hesitated in turning over control of the National Guard because she didn't want to appear "weak"...local Police officers simply left the city so that there was widespread looting and violence...

Yet Katrina is the "fault" of the Bush Administration? Really guys? I mean REALLY!!!
Who do think built and maintained the levees? Who do you think controlled that budget?

I assure you it was not Bush that built the levees.

I counted the 23rd because it WAS a tropical depression on the 23rd and you clearly stated that it wasn't.
It never ceases to amaze me to see just how retarded you righties are. Far worse than I thought, in fact. A moron constantly makes stupid remarks. But you righties are so fucking retarded, you defend your moronic remarks to the death even after the rightardedness of your posts are revealed.

He said Hurricane Katrina didn't even exist a week before making landfall in New Orleans. That occurred on August 29th, 2005. Now pay attention to this part as it's the key to your idiocy .... a week prior to the 29th was August 22nd, 2005; before it was even a tropical depression. Do you even know a week is 7 days, not 6?

Katrina was a tropical depression on the 23rd. 23,24,25,26,27,28,29. 7 days. I count 7 days. How many do you count?
I count 1 ineducable conservative. But I understand, to brain-dead conservatives, 29-23=7. :cuckoo:

I'll try one last time to educate you. If this still doesn't get through to you, you're completely hopeless ....

Katrina, before being named, formed as a tropical depression on August 23rd, 2005 at around 1700 CDT. It hit New Orleans on August 29th, 2005 at around 0700 CDT.

From 8.23.2005 1700 CDT to 8.29.2005 0700 CDT is 134 hours.

There are 144 hours in six days.

Just how fucking mentally retarded are you to think Katrina formed 7 days before it struck New Orleans when fewer hours found in 6 days transpired??

You're fucking insane.

Wow, I can't believe you just counted hours instead of days because that gives you the appearance of one less day! You're one of the most dedicated apologists I've ever run across. You've now spent days defending Ray Nagin's handling of Katrina and that's the best you can come up with?
You're an idiot.

I counted days. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans. I counted numbers. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans. I counted hours. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans.

And it's not to give the appearance of one less day -- it's to be factually accurate. How many days do you think transpired from the time Katrina formed to the time it made landfall in Louisiana?

Katrina formed on the 23rd and made landfall on the 29th. Since you asked when it formed, I count the 23rd as the first day and the 29th as the 7th day. Aren't you glad you asked?

If Ray Nagin couldn't handle a crisis that took six days getting there...how do you think he would have handled a tornado or terrorist attack that came with no notice? You can always tell what someone's made of when the chips are down...the good ones perform better...the bad ones perform worse. Ray Nagin went into vapor lock but what's worse is that he then started playing the blame game because someone else wasn't getting there fast enough to fix the problems that HE created!

10 minutes was "hours."

A HUGE percentage of the American electorate could care less about anything else but the Presidential race! It's why mid-term elections always have a much lighter turnout. If you've already stood in line wanting to vote for Bush but you've just been told that he's lost...do you stick around for what might be another hour to vote for him in a race that you've been told is already decided? Or do you shake your head and go home?
People who don't care to vote in mid-term don't bother going to the polls. Those who go during presidential elections are already in line and have a ballot full of other races and referendums to vote on. Almost nobody is going to get out of line and not vote.

10 minutes was "hours."

Yes, and they were part of the reason that Bush won. But until that judge ruled that they must be counted, the dems controlling the count were determined to ignore them. Face it, Gore was, and is, a loser, a liar, and a fraud.
You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. First you say they weren't counted, now you say they were. :cuckoo:

So were they counted or weren't they? Make up your diseased mind...

10 minutes was "hours."

and you are a moron, or moronette as the case may be.
That really hurts coming from you. That's like being called a clown by Bozo.

It never ceases to amaze me to see just how retarded you righties are. Far worse than I thought, in fact. A moron constantly makes stupid remarks. But you righties are so fucking retarded, you defend your moronic remarks to the death even after the rightardedness of your posts are revealed.

He said Hurricane Katrina didn't even exist a week before making landfall in New Orleans. That occurred on August 29th, 2005. Now pay attention to this part as it's the key to your idiocy .... a week prior to the 29th was August 22nd, 2005; before it was even a tropical depression. Do you even know a week is 7 days, not 6?

Katrina was a tropical depression on the 23rd. 23,24,25,26,27,28,29. 7 days. I count 7 days. How many do you count?
I count 1 ineducable conservative. But I understand, to brain-dead conservatives, 29-23=7. :cuckoo:

I'll try one last time to educate you. If this still doesn't get through to you, you're completely hopeless ....

Katrina, before being named, formed as a tropical depression on August 23rd, 2005 at around 1700 CDT. It hit New Orleans on August 29th, 2005 at around 0700 CDT.

From 8.23.2005 1700 CDT to 8.29.2005 0700 CDT is 134 hours.

There are 144 hours in six days.

Just how fucking mentally retarded are you to think Katrina formed 7 days before it struck New Orleans when fewer hours found in 6 days transpired??

You're fucking insane.

Wow, I can't believe you just counted hours instead of days because that gives you the appearance of one less day! You're one of the most dedicated apologists I've ever run across. You've now spent days defending Ray Nagin's handling of Katrina and that's the best you can come up with?
You're an idiot.

I counted days. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans. I counted numbers. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans. I counted hours. That moron still thinks it took Katrina 7 days to hit New Orleans.

And it's not to give the appearance of one less day -- it's to be factually accurate. How many days do you think transpired from the time Katrina formed to the time it made landfall in Louisiana?

Katrina formed on the 23rd and made landfall on the 29th. Since you asked when it formed, I count the 23rd as the first day and the 29th as the 7th day. Aren't you glad you asked?
I'm very glad I asked. It exposed you as a complete imbecile.

Let's try this.again .... Katrina made landfall on Monday, August 29th, 2005. One exact week earlier would have been Monday the 22nd or Tuesday the 23rd in your bizarro universe where time has no meaning?

If Ray Nagin couldn't handle a crisis that took six days getting there...how do you think he would have handled a tornado or terrorist attack that came with no notice? You can always tell what someone's made of when the chips are down...the good ones perform better...the bad ones perform worse. Ray Nagin went into vapor lock but what's worse is that he then started playing the blame game because someone else wasn't getting there fast enough to fix the problems that HE created!
Nagin didn't have 6 days. You're lying when you infer that he did. It wasn't expected to hit New Orleans until Saturday, two days before it hit.

Nagin didn't have 6 days. You're lying when you infer that he did. It wasn't expected to hit New Orleans until Saturday, two days before it hit.

How long does it take to put a plan into action that's already in place? Yet he STILL failed to do so!

And your contention that he only had two days to react is laughable...it would be two days if there were no weather forecasts letting the whole world know that there was one monster hurricane out in the Gulf...but since people in the Gulf start watching hurricanes closely as soon as they spawn out in the Caribbean, only a complete moron wouldn't have known that Katrina was out there.

Before hurricane Charlie hit the Fort Myers area most of the models had it making landfall up around Tampa. Funny thing though, Faun...local officials in Southwest Florida prepared like the storm might hit us. Now why would they do that? An even better question...WHY DIDN'T RAY NAGIN?

How long does it take to put a plan into action that's already in place? Yet he STILL failed to do so!
Who knows? How does one gather hundreds of bus drivers, many of whom had already evacuated?

And your contention that he only had two days to react is laughable...it would be two days if there were no weather forecasts letting the whole world know that there was one monster hurricane out in the Gulf...but since people in the Gulf start watching hurricanes closely as soon as they spawn out in the Caribbean, only a complete moron wouldn't have known that Katrina was out there.
It's a shame you're too fucking retarded. No city in America evacuates due to a hurricane until it's actually projected to be a threat. I can't help your senility prevents you from comprehending that.

Before hurricane Charlie hit the Fort Myers area most of the models had it making landfall up around Tampa. Funny thing though, Faun...local officials in Southwest Florida prepared like the storm might hit us. Now why would they do that? An even better question...WHY DIDN'T RAY NAGIN?
I don't recall, remind me... how many days before Charley hit Florida were the evacuation orders given in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties?

Forum List

Back