"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

23 to 29 is SIX DAYS, stupid. You don't count the day you start on.
And 23 is a stretch -- it wasn't even a storm until the 24th. Not even a little one.

How Katrina formed -- National Geographic

"A week before" landfall (dawn, Monday August 29th) would be dawn on Monday August 22nd. A day on which Katrina, all together now, DID NOT YET EXIST.
I counted the 23rd because it WAS a tropical depression on the 23rd and you clearly stated that it wasn't.
It never ceases to amaze me to see just how retarded you righties are. Far worse than I thought, in fact. A moron constantly makes stupid remarks. But you righties are so fucking retarded, you defend your moronic remarks to the death even after the rightardedness of your posts are revealed.

He said Hurricane Katrina didn't even exist a week before making landfall in New Orleans. That occurred on August 29th, 2005. Now pay attention to this part as it's the key to your idiocy .... a week prior to the 29th was August 22nd, 2005; before it was even a tropical depression. Do you even know a week is 7 days, not 6?

Katrina was a tropical depression on the 23rd. 23,24,25,26,27,28,29. 7 days. I count 7 days. How many do you count?
I count 1 ineducable conservative. But I understand, to brain-dead conservatives, 29-23=7. :cuckoo:

I'll try one last time to educate you. If this still doesn't get through to you, you're completely hopeless ....

Katrina, before being named, formed as a tropical depression on August 23rd, 2005 at around 1700 CDT. It hit New Orleans on August 29th, 2005 at around 0700 CDT.

From 8.23.2005 1700 CDT to 8.29.2005 0700 CDT is 134 hours.

There are 144 hours in six days.

Just how fucking mentally retarded are you to think Katrina formed 7 days before it struck New Orleans when fewer hours found in 6 days transpired??

You're fucking insane.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I realize you can't count to 7 but you shouldn't be bragging about it. Let me help you. Say 23 and put 1 finger in the air. Continue counting to 29, putting a finger in the air after each number. Now, count the fingers in the air.
You're a fucking retard.

Oh well, I tried to help you. Still, you believe a week has only 134 hours :cuckoo:, which is how much time transpired between the formation of Katrina and making landfall in Louisiana.

Katrina hit New Orleans on August 29th, 2005. 7 days prior to that was August 22nd, 2005. You're so deranged, you actually think 7 days earlier was August 23rd. :cuckoo:

I posted a military link that had the commanders in command of the Guard discussing the handicap put on the Guard by having the large portion of their equipment and men deployed overseas at the time the hurricane hit. I have not defended the Governor, mayor or anyone else.
You provide nothing but your misinformed agenda driven opinions with no back up or resourced data and fondness for calling those who disagree with you liars. So tell us which percentage of the Guard were left in Louisiana with helicopters and vehicles capable of responding to the emergency.

Again, 65% were int the state. Lie all you want, but the fact is the Blanco simply failed to deploy them. For reasons of partisanship you try to pretend they were in Iraq.

Oh, and despite your lies, my sources are well cited.

Where was the Army National Guard When They Were Needed at Home?
I posted that link last week to show why the Guard was under strength and why. So you post the same link and call me a liar for saying and showing that a large percentage of the Guard were deployed in Iraq.
The topic is being discussed because of it's ten year anniversary. History has been written. All the politicians that screwed up have been exposed, including Bush. He was the main screw up because he was the guy at the top, the commander. He was the guy who was in charge of our national security and he failed on two very major occasions to do his job. This hurricane was one of them. He left American citizens and a major American city suffer for days without delivering available assistance because of the incompetence of his staff and his lack of command skills and even attention to what was going on with his responsibilities.

I counted the 23rd because it WAS a tropical depression on the 23rd and you clearly stated that it wasn't.
It never ceases to amaze me to see just how retarded you righties are. Far worse than I thought, in fact. A moron constantly makes stupid remarks. But you righties are so fucking retarded, you defend your moronic remarks to the death even after the rightardedness of your posts are revealed.

He said Hurricane Katrina didn't even exist a week before making landfall in New Orleans. That occurred on August 29th, 2005. Now pay attention to this part as it's the key to your idiocy .... a week prior to the 29th was August 22nd, 2005; before it was even a tropical depression. Do you even know a week is 7 days, not 6?

Katrina was a tropical depression on the 23rd. 23,24,25,26,27,28,29. 7 days. I count 7 days. How many do you count?
I count 1 ineducable conservative. But I understand, to brain-dead conservatives, 29-23=7. :cuckoo:

I'll try one last time to educate you. If this still doesn't get through to you, you're completely hopeless ....

Katrina, before being named, formed as a tropical depression on August 23rd, 2005 at around 1700 CDT. It hit New Orleans on August 29th, 2005 at around 0700 CDT.

Just how fucking mentally retarded are you to think Katrina formed 7 days before it struck New Orleans when fewer hours found in 6 days transpired??

You're fucking insane.

I realize you can't count to 7 but you shouldn't be bragging about it. Let me help you. Say 23 and put 1 finger in the air. Continue counting to 29, putting a finger in the air after each number. Now, count the fingers in the air.
You're a fucking retard.

Oh well, I tried to help you. Still, you believe a week has only 134 hours :cuckoo:, which is how much time transpired between the formation of Katrina and making landfall in Louisiana.

Katrina hit New Orleans on August 29th, 2005. 7 days prior to that was August 22nd, 2005. You're so deranged, you actually think 7 days earlier was August 23rd. :cuckoo:

It doesn't really matter how long the storm lived anyway; what matters was its route. And that wasn't known as far as the Louisiana/Mississippi coast until Saturday afternoon -- roughly 36 hours before landfall. And that doesn't mean we have 36 hours to act -- it means that before 36 hours are up, we had to have been already clear and in a safe place.

[

Oh I'm well aware of that, and it didn't start yesterday. But when another mole pops up I'll whack it.

Thank you.

Like when some lying pile of shit tries to make Nagin into a Republican, in hopes of smearing the opposition party? :eusa_whistle:

Uh yeah, gosh whiz I forgot, while I was living in that city during that whole election you were right next door in Orange County Cali, which as we all know is the next parish over, plus your source is that unimpeachable cannot-tell-a-lie boy scout, Ray Nagin.

And that was a correction to a previous post -- not a "make into". I didn't need to "make" anything. Nagin did that himself.

You're fucking insane.

Try this, stupid:

Today is Monday.
What day was it exactly one week ago?
Now count 'em the same way: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday

Eight elements -- SEVEN INTERVALS.

If you start at noon today and go back to noon last Monday, you don't count the time after noon today and before noon last week. 12 hours lopped off each Monday: 12 hours plus 12 hours equals 24. So you don't have 8 elements; you have SIX elements with two half-elements on each end...

Making SEVEN.

Holy shit, the level to which we have to lead people by the hand around here...
According to righties here, the 24 hour period since yesterday at this time has taken 2 days. :cuckoo:

Aug 30,31.

See? 2 days. :lmao:

As a person who actually lived through this, local authorities screwed the pooch royally... my house would not have flooded if not for Jefferson Parish President Aaron Broussard's decision to send all pump operators to Livingston Parish. It wasn't until after Blanco finally asked for assistance that things started to improve. Was FEMA perfect? Hell no... but to blame that on FEMA is asinine.

Who doesn't prepare to evacuate a city that lies mostly below sea level with levees built to withstand a category 3 storm when there is a category FIVE storm that's going to hit somewhere in the Gulf?

Who forgets to follow the evacuation plans that have been drawn up in case of a storm that big? Ray Nagin for some reason never implemented plans to use school buses to get people out of the city who didn't have cars even though that was in the city's hurricane evacuation plan. Why is that?
You're too fucking brain-dead. :cuckoo:

It's not about "preparing to evacuate." Cities have evacuation plans. It's about actually making the call to evacuate. Cities don't evacuate unless there's an actual threat. You really are as stupid as you sound. Evacuation is the last step taken to prevent loss of life. It's not done willy-nilly just because a hurricane is projected to hit three states away.

Even worse for your idiotic position is that calling for the evacuation was not the problem. Getting residents to evacuate was. No city can force residents to evacuate against their will. Folks in New Orleans who were willing to leave all got out in time. It was the residents who refused to evacuate who foolishly stayed in their homes despite a mandatory evacuation. For many who wanted to evacuate but didn't have the means, the city picked up at designated locations throughout the city and brought them to shelter in the Superdome. The buses you speak of were not used because the city lacked time to coordinate bussing people out of the city. Again, despite your mountain of ignorance, the city had less than 2 days to facilitate a complete evacuation.

So what you're saying is that despite the fact that part of New Orlean's evacuation strategy included using city owned buses to get those people without cars out of the city...that Ray Nagin somehow forgot to implement that strategy during the two days prior to Katrina making landfall even though the "leaders" (and I use that term oh so loosely!) on New Orleans knew about a category 5 hurricane sitting right out there in the Gulf? That hundreds of bright yellow school buses sat in parking lots while Nagin sat on his thumbs?

See here's the thing, Faun..."plans" are only good if you've got leaders who remember to use them when the shit hits the fan!
Nope, that's not what I'm saying. Ya think i'm surprised to see you're not capable of comprehending?

What are you saying? Your claim that everyone who wanted to get out of the city did before the storm hit is completely untrue. I think something like 10% of people living in New Orleans don't have cars. Those people were supposed to be evacuated using city school buses in an emergency...but Ray Nagin never pulled the trigger on that so those people were stuck in the city when Katrina came ashore...either trying to ride it out in their homes or seeking "shelter" at the Superdome which Nagin hadn't adequately supplied at all.
You fucking retard, I never said, "everyone who wanted to get out of the city, did." What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you even understand English?

So you're OK with the wealthier New Orleans folks hopping in their cars and taking off while the poor folks without cars and living in the predominantly below sea level areas of the city were being fucked because Ray Nagin was too busy collecting bribes to do his job?

But then it's Michael Brown's fault because FEMA didn't get there fast enough to "rescue" the people that Ray Nagin apparently couldn't have cared less about? Is that the way it works in "Faun World"?

That's what I love about you liberals...you're always "TALKING" about how you're there for the little guy...how you've got their back...but it never fails...whenever you clowns get power the first thing you do is line your pockets at the expense of the little guy. Never stops you from claiming to be there for them...does it?

Who doesn't prepare to evacuate a city that lies mostly below sea level with levees built to withstand a category 3 storm when there is a category FIVE storm that's going to hit somewhere in the Gulf?

Who forgets to follow the evacuation plans that have been drawn up in case of a storm that big? Ray Nagin for some reason never implemented plans to use school buses to get people out of the city who didn't have cars even though that was in the city's hurricane evacuation plan. Why is that?

It's not about "preparing to evacuate." Cities have evacuation plans. It's about actually making the call to evacuate. Cities don't evacuate unless there's an actual threat. You really are as stupid as you sound. Evacuation is the last step taken to prevent loss of life. It's not done willy-nilly just because a hurricane is projected to hit three states away.

Even worse for your idiotic position is that calling for the evacuation was not the problem. Getting residents to evacuate was. No city can force residents to evacuate against their will. Folks in New Orleans who were willing to leave all got out in time. It was the residents who refused to evacuate who foolishly stayed in their homes despite a mandatory evacuation. For many who wanted to evacuate but didn't have the means, the city picked up at designated locations throughout the city and brought them to shelter in the Superdome. The buses you speak of were not used because the city lacked time to coordinate bussing people out of the city. Again, despite your mountain of ignorance, the city had less than 2 days to facilitate a complete evacuation.

So what you're saying is that despite the fact that part of New Orlean's evacuation strategy included using city owned buses to get those people without cars out of the city...that Ray Nagin somehow forgot to implement that strategy during the two days prior to Katrina making landfall even though the "leaders" (and I use that term oh so loosely!) on New Orleans knew about a category 5 hurricane sitting right out there in the Gulf? That hundreds of bright yellow school buses sat in parking lots while Nagin sat on his thumbs?

See here's the thing, Faun..."plans" are only good if you've got leaders who remember to use them when the shit hits the fan!
Nope, that's not what I'm saying. Ya think i'm surprised to see you're not capable of comprehending?

What are you saying? Your claim that everyone who wanted to get out of the city did before the storm hit is completely untrue. I think something like 10% of people living in New Orleans don't have cars. Those people were supposed to be evacuated using city school buses in an emergency...but Ray Nagin never pulled the trigger on that so those people were stuck in the city when Katrina came ashore...either trying to ride it out in their homes or seeking "shelter" at the Superdome which Nagin hadn't adequately supplied at all.

Where do I begin....That's so wrong that it's difficult to find a grain of truth in it. Try this and apply to Aug 28 before the storm hit:

Nagin orders first-ever mandatory evacuation of New Orleans

"New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin called for a first-ever mandatory evacuation of the city this morning, saying that Hurricane Katrina's devastating power may well create the sort of cataclysmic damage that residents have long worried that a killer storm could cause in a city that lies mostly below sea level.

"I wish I had better news, but we're facing the storm most of us have feared, " said Nagin, flanked by city and state officials, including Gov. Kathleen Blanco. "This is very serious. This is going to be an unprecedented event. "

Nagin said Katrina's "awesome" winds are likely to create storm surges that overwhelm the city's system of levees, causing water to pour into lower-lying areas. Blanco said the water could get as high as 20 feet in places.

The city has 30 boats at its disposal, the mayor said.

The governor also said that President Bush had telephoned shortly before the 9:30 a.m. press conference began. She said Bush said he was "very concerned about the storm's impact" and urged Blanco and Nagin to order the evacuation.

"We need to get as many people out as possible, " she said.

Around 112,000 Orleanians do not own cars, according to census data. Nagin urged those people to seek rides with friends, family, neighbors and church members. Those who could not find rides were urged to get to the Superdome (Katrina photos: Superdome
photo.gif
) as quickly as possible"

Yeah, that's all lovely, Campbell but it ignores the fact that Nagin is ordering that mandatory evacuation too late and while he's doing it...HE'S NOT FOLLOWING THE EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN THAT THE CITY HAD IN PLACE TO USE SCHOOL BUSES TO GET PEOPLE OUT OF THE CITY WHO DIDN'T HAVE CARS!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people? Nagin and Blanco waited until the last minute...realized that they probably should have ordered a mandatory evacuation long before that...and then to make matters worse basically told those poor people to hitch a ride with neighbors after leading them to believe that the city would provide transportation if an evacuation was ever called for?

Is that leadership? Because if you think it is...then you have no clue as to what real leadership is!

Where do I begin....That's so wrong that it's difficult to find a grain of truth in it. Try this and apply to Aug 28 before the storm hit:

"New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin called for a first-ever mandatory evacuation of the city this morning, saying that Hurricane Katrina's devastating power may well create the sort of cataclysmic damage that residents have long worried that a killer storm could cause in a city that lies mostly below sea level.

"I wish I had better news, but we're facing the storm most of us have feared, " said Nagin, flanked by city and state officials, including Gov. Kathleen Blanco. "This is very serious. This is going to be an unprecedented event. "

Nagin said Katrina's "awesome" winds are likely to create storm surges that overwhelm the city's system of levees, causing water to pour into lower-lying areas. Blanco said the water could get as high as 20 feet in places.

The governor also said that President Bush had telephoned shortly before the 9:30 a.m. press conference began. She said Bush said he was "very concerned about the storm's impact" and urged Blanco and Nagin to order the evacuation.

Around 112,000 Orleanians do not own cars, according to census data. Nagin urged those people to seek rides with friends, family, neighbors and church members. Those who could not find rides were urged to get to the Superdome (Katrina photos: Superdome
photo.gif

Yeah, that's all lovely, Campbell but it ignores the fact that Nagin is ordering that mandatory evacuation too late and while he's doing it...HE'S NOT FOLLOWING THE EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN THAT THE CITY HAD IN PLACE TO USE SCHOOL BUSES TO GET PEOPLE OUT OF THE CITY WHO DIDN'T HAVE CARS!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people? Nagin and Blanco waited until the last minute...realized that they probably should have ordered a mandatory evacuation long before that...and then to make matters worse basically told those poor people to hitch a ride with neighbors after leading them to believe that the city would provide transportation if an evacuation was ever called for?

Is that leadership? Because if you think it is...then you have no clue as to what real leadership is!

As already posted --- Blanco declared a state of emergency on Friday, well before the path to New Orleans was even known. First of the affected governors to do so, although nobody knew at that point what the path was going to be. You armchair Monday morning quarterbacks sitting in Bumfuck Nebraska sitting on a bottomless well of Clueless are hysterical. In more than one sense.

A WEEK before landfall, Katrina DID NOT YET EVEN EXIST, NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS A TROPICAL DEPRESSION. NOTHING.

"Katrina originated over the Bahamas on August 23 from the interaction between a tropical wave and the remnants of Tropical Depression Ten. Early the following day, the new depression intensified into Tropical Storm Katrina. The cyclone headed generally westward toward Florida and strengthened into a hurricane only two hours before making landfall Hallandale Beach and Aventura on August 25. After very briefly weakening to a tropical storm, Katrina emerged into the Gulf of Mexico on August 26 and began to rapidly deepen. The storm strengthened to a Category 5 hurricane over the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, but weakened before making its second landfall as a Category 3 hurricane on August 29 in southeast Louisiana."

23,24,25,26,27,28,29. 7 days.

And 23 is a stretch -- it wasn't even a storm until the 24th. Not even a little one.

"A week before" landfall (dawn, Monday August 29th) would be dawn on Monday August 22nd. A day on which Katrina, all together now, DID NOT YET EXIST.

You're fucking insane.

Wow, I can't believe you just counted hours instead of days because that gives you the appearance of one less day! You're one of the most dedicated apologists I've ever run across. You've now spent days defending Ray Nagin's handling of Katrina and that's the best you can come up with?

photo.gif

As already posted --- Blanco declared a state of emergency on Friday, well before the path to New Orleans was even known. First of the affected governors to do so, although nobody knew at that point what the path was going to be. You armchair Monday morning quarterbacks sitting in Bumfuck Nebraska sitting on a bottomless well of Clueless are hysterical. In more than one sense.

As already posted...Jeb Bush had declared a state of emergency in the State of Florida because of Katrina, long before Blanco did.

And I'm sitting in Fort Myers, Florida...Sparky! Where I've been sitting for quite some time.

Do you get tired of posting things that make you look stupid?

photo.gif

As already posted...Jeb Bush had declared a state of emergency in the State of Florida because of Katrina, long before Blanco did.

And I'm sitting in Fort Myers, Florida...Sparky! Where I've been sitting for quite some time.

If you actually think eastern Florida lies in the same place as New Orleans, then you truly do live in Bumfuck Idaho, with no access to what the rest of us call "maps". Holy SHIT you're a moron.

You're fucking insane.

Wow, I can't believe you just counted hours instead of days because that gives you the appearance of one less day! You're one of the most dedicated apologists I've ever run across. You've now spent days defending Ray Nagin's handling of Katrina and that's the best you can come up with?

Nobody's "defending" jack shit Dipshit, except the basic child's lesson of how the fuck COUNTING works.

Uh yeah, gosh whiz I forgot, while I was living in that city during that whole election you were right next door in Orange County Cali, which as we all know is the next parish over, plus your source is that unimpeachable cannot-tell-a-lie boy scout, Ray Nagin.

And that was a correction to a previous post -- not a "make into". I didn't need to "make" anything. Nagin did that himself.

So living in NO gives you license to lie?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The British tabloids you based your idiocy on posted retractions a decade ago - not you though, you have a hated enemy of the party to smear.

You're a hack, so you lie. :dunno:

Faun is a hack to be sure.

But it's a horse race, or rather skunk race, between him and Pogo to find the hackiest of them all....

You're fucking insane.

Try this, stupid:

Today is Monday.
What day was it exactly one week ago?
Now count 'em the same way: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday

Eight elements -- SEVEN INTERVALS.

If you start at noon today and go back to noon last Monday, you don't count the time after noon today and before noon last week. 12 hours lopped off each Monday: 12 hours plus 12 hours equals 24. So you don't have 8 elements; you have SIX elements with two half-elements on each end...

Making SEVEN.

Holy shit, the level to which we have to lead people by the hand around here...

Making SEVEN.

Seven is right!

You're fucking insane.

You're a fucking retard.

It doesn't really matter how long the storm lived anyway; what matters was its route. And that wasn't known as far as the Louisiana/Mississippi coast until Saturday afternoon -- roughly 36 hours before landfall. And that doesn't mean we have 36 hours to act -- it means that before 36 hours are up, we had to have been already clear and in a safe place.

I agree with that. All of the NO school bus drivers and most of the cops ran away to safe ground leaving the poor in the projects to fend for themselves.

As a person who actually lived through this, local authorities screwed the pooch royally... my house would not have flooded if not for Jefferson Parish President Aaron Broussard's decision to send all pump operators to Livingston Parish. It wasn't until after Blanco finally asked for assistance that things started to improve. Was FEMA perfect? Hell no... but to blame that on FEMA is asinine.
What the hell are you talking about? She asked Bush for federal assistance days before the hurricane hit. What's your source denying this so I can laugh at that too?

What the hell are you talking about? She asked Bush for federal assistance days before the hurricane hit. What's your source denying this so I can laugh at that too?
The feds couldn't do anything, let alone just March into a sovereign state unless asked to do so.

photo.gif

If you actually think eastern Florida lies in the same place as New Orleans, then you truly do live in Bumfuck Idaho, with no access to what the rest of us call "maps". Holy SHIT you're a moron.

You're fucking insane.

Nobody's "defending" jack shit Dipshit, except the basic child's lesson of how the fuck COUNTING works.

If you can't admit that Jeb Bush declared a state of emergency with Katrina before the storm hit the east coast of Florida then you've declared yourself to be one of two things...someone willing to play fast and loose with the truth in support of your agenda...or someone who's REALLY stupid!

Defending Nagin and Blanco is all that you and Faun have done for days now, Queen Pogo! That and attack Michael Brown and George W. Bush.

The truth is that FEMA was slow responding to the crisis that existed in New Orleans following Katrina making landfall but FEMA is never the first emergency response to disasters because by design FEMA stages it's responders out of harms way and then has to get TO the affected area. The REASON that you are told to stockpile enough food, water and medical supplies to get you through a minimum of five days is that in the aftermath of a large storm it might very well take that long for FEMA to arrive on scene with enough people and supplies to help you. Those of us that live in hurricane prone States understand that concept and prepare accordingly.

The truth that you don't want to hear is that the crisis in question was created by woeful emergency preparation by local leaders before the storm hit and even worse leadership when it did. You don't want to hear THAT because those leaders were Democrats...a fact that in Nagin's case the liberal media and yourself tried to disguise by labeling him a Republican. What's amazing to watch is that you STILL make that claim even though Nagin himself said it wasn't true and forced publications that said it was to make a retraction. But you're fine with continuing to tell the lie...aren't you?

Forum List

Back