Brooklyn Babe Likes to Speak Her Mind

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Hello Everyone,

This message board was referred by a friend after I had complained about another message board censoring my polical comments. The moderator happened to be at the opposite end of the political spectrum.

I love NYC, but the folks around here don't welcome any conservative views -- very frustrating, but I will continue to speak out as long as the first amendment is still on the books.

I hope to be involved in spirited discussions and debates with informed people.

PoliticalChic

Hello Everyone,

This message board was referred by a friend after I had complained about another message board censoring my polical comments. The moderator happened to be at the opposite end of the political spectrum.

I love NYC, but the folks around here don't welcome any conservative views -- very frustrating, but I will continue to speak out as long as the first amendment is still on the books.

PoliticalChic

Funny, my republican friends have no problem speaking their minds here in Brooklyn... welcome aboard.

This is a Welcome Aboard Forum and thread. Anyone interested can find the rest of the crap that was here in the Flame Zone.

Use this forum for what it's designed, please.

The other 5 or so pages of this thread got cut out and put in the Flame Zone. You can't miss the thread. It is appropriately titled.

This forum is to post who you are, say hi, tell whatever you want about yourself. On a smaller scale, the political banter has been allowed and left untouched. This one was out of control. And I admit, I was part of it.

Just trying to bring a little sanity back to the asylumn.

Hello Everyone,

PoliticalChic
Good luck with that. And Welcome PC! :D

I'm certainly Glad your here PoliticalChic.. a voice of reason and superior intelligence in a world of far less....:clap2:
Hear, hear! :)

I enjoy PoliticalChic's well-documented posts and threads. Our board is a better place because of her scholarship and love of country.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I hope you feel welcome here. I am new here also. A political thinker I admire is Edmund Burke. There are conservative aspects to my thinking. I am pessimistic about human nature and human potential. I think there is often wisdom in tradition. I am skeptical about the value of rapid social and economic changes. I believe that genes are considerably more important than anything else in determining not only ability levels, but personality and character. I think that racial differences are significant, and genetic. However, because there is much overlap between the races, I am opposed to racial discrimination, and support the civil rights laws passed during the 1960s, although I support those laws without my earlier enthusiasm.

However, to the extent that I am conservative, mine is a conservatism without affection for rich people, capitalism, or even the United States.

What passes for conservatism in the United States seems too often to amount to little more than hatred for taxes and gun control laws.

I am a Democrat because I think the government has an important role to play in society.

Be that as it may, I enjoy investigating different points of view, and expressing my own. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Talk about a blast from the past.

Gunny, Shat, dreamy...seriously! TDM!

New York people don't like conservative views? is that what you saying?????????? LOL really??????????? hahahaha...tell us something new now....please???? :lol::lol::lol:

opps edit to say welcome! :)

Hello Everyone,

I hope to be involved in spirited discussions and debates with informed people. PoliticalChic
Hi PoChic and welcome to the shoot-out...We have lefties of every variety so it's a target rich environment.

I'm kinda new here myself but I have been around long enough to piss off the local libbies.

As a matter of fact, it didn't take me very long at all...I imagine my avie and sig had a little to do with it.

A Brooklyn conservative and a chic no less!...Wow, now there's something you don't see everyday!

Have fun girlfriend and Ill see ya round.....Candy~

:beer:

I do not know what the OP or anyone else in this thread is talking about. I belonged to a conservative Republican club for many years while in NYC...You find people of all political stripes in such a big city. To make such a sweeping statement or agree to it suggests the person has not been thorough in their search, they have not been to NYC or they have not been in NYC long enough...:eusa_whistle:

I do not know what the OP or anyone else in this thread is talking about. I belonged to a conservative Republican club for many years while in NYC...You find people of all political stripes in such a big city. To make such a sweeping statement or agree to it suggests the person has not been thorough in their search, they have not been to NYC or they have not been in NYC long enough...:eusa_whistle:

Know why it's called a 'red state'?

there are conservatives in brooklyn. nyc is 68% catholic... has a large orthodox jewish population... there are a lot of conservative votes in those groups. oh yeah, my neighborhood is massively russian...and they vote republican.

*shrug*

Last edited:

Forum List

Back