Britt Hume: Forgiveness depends on Christianity....

The thing that's the most ironic is that mysticism and the occult are merely products of a delusional mind.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJKmWdJQc4[/ame]

Wow, the "sanctity" of marriage. Hey Brit, Tiger has only been married once, how many do you have?

Now we know. If you are a straight man who cheats on his wife, become a Christians and you get a "Free Pass". Yea, you get "forgiven".

So the question becomes, "Do you get a free pass after every cheat? Or does one free pass cover all?"

Hey, my religion is better than yours. We take in cheaters. You know, "male whores".

What could this guy have been thinking?

Some yapping head on a goofy cable "news" network is now the Pope?

Mmmmmm'kay. :rolleyes:

Hey, this isn't some "goofy cable news". This is "FOX" news. The God, oops, I mean, "Gold" standard used against all other networks.

Republicans get all their news from Fox. They swear it's the only honest and unbiased news network on TV and, obviously, they also welcome men who cheat on their wives.

Yeah, of course we welcome them. We would love them to repent and stop cheating on their wife.

Is there any reason you dont want them to repent and find a new life of faith and virtue?

Last I heard Brit Hume was an American and enjoys a thing called "freedom of speech." sorry if that bugs democrats but that's just the way it is.

Well there is freedom of speech and then there is liberal freedom of speech.

Two very separate things.

Funny how lib candidates will always say how they go to church and believe to get elected though. And it's interesting how the same dopey libs in this thread somehow are silent at that time.

Typical lib bs. :lol:

Just like this faux outrage thread.

I just saw this bullshit on the news this morning.......

Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgiven

By David Edwards and Gavin Dahl
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 -- 10:51 am
Share on Facebook Stumble This!

tigerwoods20080618 Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgivenBuddhism is inferior to Christianity when it comes to forgiveness of sins, according to Fox News pundit Brit Hume. Tiger Woods should turn his back on Buddhism and become a Christian to be forgiven for cheating on his wife, Hume told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday.

"The extent to which he can recover seems to me depends on his faith," said Hume. "He is said to be a Buddhist. I don't think that faith offers the kind of redemption and forgiveness offered by the Christian faith. My message to Tiger is, 'Tiger turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world."

Woods is the most famous among several American celebrity Buddhists. Richard Gere, Herbie Hancock, Steven Seagal, Leonard Cohen, Tina Turner and Orlando Bloom were recently called the most famous Buddhists in the world. The list goes so far as to argue Tiger Woods is more famous than the Dalai Lama himself.

Hume's statements are particularly ironic given the recent sex scandals encountered by an assortment of Christian politicians.

Two noted journalists criticized Hume's remarks.

Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgiven | Raw Story

What really pisses me off is that kind of attitude that most Christians seem to have today. I mean, it shouldn't really depend on one specific thing leading to God, but rather a person seeking Him out on a daily basis, no matter what faith.

What exactly does Mr. Hume know about Buddhism? I'm guessing not much, as I also saw a segment where Pat Robertson was talking about it, and he was making all sorts of comments on Buddhism, and got all of 'em wrong.

So do most Christians. What ever happened to love one another as yourself?

And, more importantly, what is this sudden trend of everyone (even the political pundits) bringing in Christianity into politics?

Nope......I think the idiots at FAUX should have left this one alone. What's even stupider, is that Hume did it on their Sunday segment where they get to talk about anything they want.

If that's his best as a news person, he should think about converting to NY pooper scooper.

I think FOX news is a sad, dangerous joke. This was definitely the wrong venue to give such an opinion. For Tiger to receive forgiveness from other humans it is up to those humans to forgive, and before they do so, they may require evidence of change. However, from a Christian perpective, Brit Hume is correct. Christianity is an exclusive religion, one in which the only way for forgiveness of sins and reconciliation to God comes through faith in Jesus Christ and his sacrifice on the cross. Therefore, from a Christian perspective, Tiger's Budhism cannot lead to God's forgiveness.

Of course we must respect others religious beliefs. There is a danger that our own zealousness in our belief can impose on another's beliefs. We should also strive to get along. For example, I should attempt to get along with a Jewish person, even though if he is true to his religious beliefs then Jesus Christ was a false prophet and certainly not God.

I do agree that Brit Hume showed poor judgement bringing up this subject as part of the new, but it wouldn't be FOX news if they weren't showing poor judgement.

Last I heard Brit Hume was an American and enjoys a thing called "freedom of speech." sorry if that bugs democrats but that's just the way it is.

You are completely naive about what "freedom of speech" means

The Constitution says "Congress shall pass no laws..." basically saying you can't be arrested or punished for what you say or write.

Freedom of speech does not mean that there are no consequences for what you say or write. You can still be ridiculed for what you say.

It is perfectly acceptable to ridicule Brit Hume and Fox for what he said

Did anyone at Fox bring up "freedom of religion" ??

Funny how lib candidates will always say how they go to church and believe to get elected though. And it's interesting how the same dopey libs in this thread somehow are silent at that time.

Faux outrage indeed....I chuckle thinking about if Hume had said the same thing but he was talking about any other religion besided Christianity. Then we would have seen some REAL foam at the mouth faux outrage....guaranteed.

The funny part is that Brit Hume is on his second marriage. Looks like that Christianity thing has really worked out for him

Last edited:
I just saw this bullshit on the news this morning.......

Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgiven

By David Edwards and Gavin Dahl
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 -- 10:51 am
Share on Facebook Stumble This!

tigerwoods20080618 Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgivenBuddhism is inferior to Christianity when it comes to forgiveness of sins, according to Fox News pundit Brit Hume. Tiger Woods should turn his back on Buddhism and become a Christian to be forgiven for cheating on his wife, Hume told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday.

"The extent to which he can recover seems to me depends on his faith," said Hume. "He is said to be a Buddhist. I don't think that faith offers the kind of redemption and forgiveness offered by the Christian faith. My message to Tiger is, 'Tiger turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world."

Woods is the most famous among several American celebrity Buddhists. Richard Gere, Herbie Hancock, Steven Seagal, Leonard Cohen, Tina Turner and Orlando Bloom were recently called the most famous Buddhists in the world. The list goes so far as to argue Tiger Woods is more famous than the Dalai Lama himself.

Hume's statements are particularly ironic given the recent sex scandals encountered by an assortment of Christian politicians.

Two noted journalists criticized Hume's remarks.

Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgiven | Raw Story

What really pisses me off is that kind of attitude that most Christians seem to have today. I mean, it shouldn't really depend on one specific thing leading to God, but rather a person seeking Him out on a daily basis, no matter what faith.

What exactly does Mr. Hume know about Buddhism? I'm guessing not much, as I also saw a segment where Pat Robertson was talking about it, and he was making all sorts of comments on Buddhism, and got all of 'em wrong.

So do most Christians. What ever happened to love one another as yourself?

And, more importantly, what is this sudden trend of everyone (even the political pundits) bringing in Christianity into politics?

Nope......I think the idiots at FAUX should have left this one alone. What's even stupider, is that Hume did it on their Sunday segment where they get to talk about anything they want.

If that's his best as a news person, he should think about converting to NY pooper scooper.

Sudden Trend?

You mean like the other sudden trends of "mystical design" and "God hates gays" and the magicians who refused to give polititions their magical wafers because they disagreed with their politics and "9/11 happened because God lifed his viel of protection because of gays and feminists"?

Religion has been in politics for the last 30 years and is what is behind the Republican Party going all "loony".

The real messages is, "If you are straight and married and cheating on your wife, become a Christian. God will give you a free pass".

When a lib is arrogant and ignorant enough to tell a Buddhist he should convert to Christianity in order to receive forgiveness that lib will be called out for his arrogance and ignorance.

Forum List

Back