Britians Got Talent Part 2

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by WillowTree, May 26, 2009.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    when are they going to choose?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8FLGAP3WA&feature=related]YouTube - Susan Boyle "Memories" - Elaine Page (From Cats) On Britains Got Talent Semi Final 1 2009[/ame]

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

2. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,707
    Don't know when they are going to pick the winner but I hope it's Susan Boyle. She's just awesome! What a great talent...

3. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    With all the deserved attention she has received, I'm sure that she will get the professional singing career she wants so badly.

4. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950
    She is an average singer and she is a fucking simpleton.Better singers and far better variety acts never made it to the semi finals because of the likes of her.The final is on Saturday night.Cowell likes to champion no hopers, you lot are acting like fucking sheep.Elaine Page must laughing up her sleeve:lol:

5. tigerbob

tigerbob Increasingly jaded.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    She's a bit better than average, and she'll need one hell of a good vocal coach when she wins (which I'm sure she will), but I completely agree. There are much better singers out there who once again will be overlooked in the headlong rush to put someone with a hard luck story on a pedestal for the requisite 15 minutes.

Exactly the same thing happened 2 years ago with Paul Potts. Admittedly he had a decent voice, but when opera critics said he could not sustain a career at the top of the opera world everyone dismissed them as being elitist, particularly that complacent cow Amanda Holden, who wouldn't know a Calaf from a Caribou.

Anyone who can sing on key for a few bars will be cheered mightily by the BGT audience, who would also likely applaud 2 flies running up a wall.

This has less to do with who's got talent and more to do with what makes good TV for the proles. Cowell knows he'll make some money off her, but it is nothing compared to the ratings she'll draw on Saturday night. Along with Elaine Paige, he is laughing himself silly.

6. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,707
    Roomy - Sheep???? I don't think so. I think she's pretty good. I can appreciate your opinion but mine is different. I think she's as good as anything I've ever heard on our American Idol. I hope she wins. Sorry you don't agree but it doesn't necessarily make you a bad person...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950

:lol:
    ok.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Meemer

Meemer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Roomy, she's had professional training. Read about the lady.
    My view is simple: a world of troubles and along comes this beautiful voice from a not-so-beautiful person. What's she hurting? I think she's come a long way for a child with learning difficulties who was picked on in school. She's shy and not comfortable with all this attention. If some of you don't care for her, (to quote Geo. Bush) "turn off the on button.

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    dang!

10. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,893
    I have to agree with Roomy and tigerbob. I think people had been expecting her to do poorly when she first made her entrance, and when she exceeded their expectations, people have been cheering her on. Somehow her attitude of "take me as I am" has been resonating with the public. I still think she should have gone with the makeover. Does that make me shallow? Well I still wish her luck.