Britain's Green Energy Fails!!!!

Conservatives would have us living in caves to satisfy their stupidity.
I am not sure what point this thread is trying to make.. The Uk is moving towards green energy and the lesson is that we need to move faster.

I am old enough to remember the 3 day week and actual blackouts when the miners went on strike and opec hiked the oil price. The OP would see us go back to those dark days.
Conservatives would have us living in caves to satisfy their stupidity.
I am not sure what point this thread is trying to make.. The Uk is moving towards green energy and the lesson is that we need to move faster.

I am old enough to remember the 3 day week and actual blackouts when the miners went on strike and opec hiked the oil price. The OP would see us go back to those dark days.
Great post. A perfect example of how rotten democrats are when confronted with fact.
1. Tammy does not address any of the facts in the OP.
2. Tammy says he/she does not understand (electric cable for importing power burned, less power equal higher prices). Not to complicated, Tammy.
3. Stereotypes Conservatives as if we are Neanderthals, very bigoted of Tammy.
4. The lesson? Britain is hurrying to build many more backup cables to Europe because they don't have enough power. The lesson is green energy failed.
5. Miner strikes? I would have us go backwards? Intermitten wind and solar was the backwards move.

Tammy is a bigoted ass that stereotypes those he hates and lies about our intentions.

Dare I say which Fascist people behaved like Tammy during the last century.

Great post. A perfect example of how rotten democrats are when confronted with fact.
1. Tammy does not address any of the facts in the OP.
2. Tammy says he/she does not understand (electric cable for importing power burned, less power equal higher prices). Not to complicated, Tammy.
3. Stereotypes Conservatives as if we are Neanderthals, very bigoted of Tammy.
4. The lesson? Britain is hurrying to build many more backup cables to Europe because they don't have enough power. The lesson is green energy failed.
5. Miner strikes? I would have us go backwards? Intermitten wind and solar was the backwards move.

Tammy is a bigoted ass that stereotypes those he hates and lies about our intentions.

Dare I say which Fascist people behaved like Tammy during the last century.
Green energy hasnt "failed" you wierdo. You are getting desperate. If I want to see an energy strategy fail I will visit Texarse.

Green energy hasnt "failed" you wierdo. You are getting desperate. If I want to see an energy strategy fail I will visit Texarse.
Not able to provide the power promised is not a failure. Causing rising electric rates is not a failure? Not being able to function as long as advertised is not a failure. Killing wildlife is not a failure? Increasing the use of coal and oil is not a failure? Being more expensive than we were told not a failure?

In Great Britain, this is very much a green energy failure. Not one green energy project in England has delivered the promised amount of electricity. The corrective action has been to build undersea electric cables to Europe. They have 5 at this time, and they are frantically building more. Now one has burned up. It will be offline until March of 2022. Great Britain can not get more Green Energy and can not get the amount of Green Energy promised.

You will visit texas to see a failure? You are so full of shit, that is all you have responded with. You can not respond with one fact to show that Green Energy will deliver to Great Britain as promised.

A complete failure is not an understatement.
But just as Europe needs energy the most, the wind in the North Sea has stopped blowing, forcing regional energy markets to scramble for gas reserves to heat homes and power businesses. This has had expensive consequences.

Dead calm​

The situation is especially acute in the U.K., where wind is currently providing only 7% of the country’s energy makeup—a steep drop from the 25% it generated on average across 2020.

Good Lord. You continue to make wild ass claims, and not a single credible reference to back them up. Mrs. Elektra, you are a fools fool.
Is Fortune credible?

But just as Europe needs energy the most, the wind in the North Sea has stopped blowing, forcing regional energy markets to scramble for gas reserves to heat homes and power businesses.
This has had expensive consequences

Last edited:
Not able to provide the power promised is not a failure. Causing rising electric rates is not a failure? Not being able to function as long as advertised is not a failure. Killing wildlife is not a failure? Increasing the use of coal and oil is not a failure? Being more expensive than we were told not a failure?

In Great Britain, this is very much a green energy failure. Not one green energy project in England has delivered the promised amount of electricity. The corrective action has been to build undersea electric cables to Europe. They have 5 at this time, and they are frantically building more. Now one has burned up. It will be offline until March of 2022. Great Britain can not get more Green Energy and can not get the amount of Green Energy promised.

You will visit texas to see a failure? You are so full of shit, that is all you have responded with. You can not respond with one fact to show that Green Energy will deliver to Great Britain as promised.
I forgot about all those dead birds lol.

lol......green energy is still decidedly niche. That not even debatable. In the US, after 20 years, solar and wind still provide well less than 10% of grid electricity. We live in a fossil fuel dominated world.......that may change someday but every swinging dick in this forum will be a long time in their box before that happens! :eusa_dance:

Wind and solar are poor choices for power.

Intermittent power surges unbalance the grid and transmission must be constantly adjusted because they can't provide a base load power level.

We need a reliable constant base load power and we are going to need exponentially more electricity production as we move off of fossil fuels.

As of today there is only one power source that can provide that power.

Once again we see an example of "Conservative" dumb fuckery. The wind and solar in Britain are delivering the power as normal. The failure of the cable from France has nothing to do with the wind and solar generation. However, it will fuel the demand to put in a lot more of both.

Wind and solar are poor choices for power.

Intermittent power surges unbalance the grid and transmission must be constantly adjusted because they can't provide a base load power level.

We need a reliable constant base load power and we are going to need exponentially more electricity production as we move off of fossil fuels.

As of today there is only one power source that can provide that power.
God, you are fucking stupid! The Hornsdale power station proves exactly the opposite. And as more and more grid scale storage of various types are in installed you will see the price of electricity decline, even as the grid becomes more robust.

lol......green energy is still decidedly niche. That not even debatable. In the US, after 20 years, solar and wind still provide well less than 10% of grid electricity. We live in a fossil fuel dominated world.......that may change someday but every swinging dick in this forum will be a long time in their box before that happens! :eusa_dance:
Why are you lying? Actually, renewables surpassed nuclear generation in 2020, at 19.8% of the generation in the US. And that number is rapidly rising.

"In 2020, renewable energy sources (including wind, hydroelectric, solar, biomass, and geothermal energy) generated a record 834 billion kilowatthours (kWh) of electricity, or about 21% of all the electricity generated in the United States. Only natural gas (1,617 billion kWh) produced more electricity than renewables in the United States in 2020. Renewables surpassed both nuclear (790 billion kWh) and coal (774 billion kWh) for the first time on record. This outcome in 2020 was due mostly to significantly less coal use in U.S. electricity generation and steadily increased use of wind and solar.

In 2020, U.S. electricity generation from coal in all sectors declined 20% from 2019, while renewables, including small-scale solar, increased 9%. Wind, currently the most prevalent source of renewable electricity in the United States, grew 14% in 2020 from 2019. Utility-scale solar generation (from projects greater than 1 megawatt) increased 26%, and small-scale solar, such as grid-connected rooftop solar panels, increased 19%."

But at least it's more expensive and less reliable.
When you first made this statement, I assumed you were ignorant of the reality of present energy generation. Not only are wind and solar cheaper than fossil fuels and nuclear, add in grid scale storage and they are cheaper yet, plus you have a much more robust and stable grid. Since you have repeated that falsehood after being shown the truth, I can only assume you enjoy lying.

1631977011334.png

Is Fortune credible?
Britain has enough highlands in Scotland to employ pumped hydro and battery storage. As the Hornsdale station in South Australia has proven, grid scale storage can stabilize the grid, make it more robust, and reduce the cost of the electricity.

Britain has enough highlands in Scotland to employ pumped hydro and battery storage. As the Hornsdale station in South Australia has proven, grid scale storage can stabilize the grid, make it more robust, and reduce the cost of the electricity.

pumped water is a net loss as it takes more energy to pump the water uphill than you get out of it.

pumped water is a net loss as it takes more energy to pump the water uphill than you get out of it.
Are you truly that stupid? Yes, of course you are. You see, when you drive up the Columbia Gorge on a windy day, when the spring runoff is in full swing, you will see many wind turbines not turning. You match electrical production with demand. So when there is no storage, you only produce what is needed. And when a lot more is needed, you use peaker plants that charge 10 to 100 times as much per MW.hr. So, when you have low demand, you use those turbines that would normally be idled to pump the water uphill. And when you have high demand, you use that water to meet the demand at far less cost than peaker plants. So you get much quicker payback on the wind turbines.

Once again we see an example of "Conservative" dumb fuckery. The wind and solar in Britain are delivering the power as normal. The failure of the cable from France has nothing to do with the wind and solar generation. However, it will fuel the demand to put in a lot more of both.

The wind and solar in Britain are delivering the power as normal.

The sudden slowdown in wind-driven electricity production off the coast of the U.K. in recent weeks whipsawed through regional energy markets. Gas and coal-fired electricity plants were called in to make up the shortfall from wind.

LOL!

When you first made this statement, I assumed you were ignorant of the reality of present energy generation. Not only are wind and solar cheaper than fossil fuels and nuclear, add in grid scale storage and they are cheaper yet, plus you have a much more robust and stable grid. Since you have repeated that falsehood after being shown the truth, I can only assume you enjoy lying.

View attachment 540917

Not only are wind and solar cheaper than fossil fuels and nuclear,

Your own link shows they aren't.

add in grid scale storage and they are cheaper yet,

How much grid storage do we need to supply Chicago for a cloudy, snowy week in January?

Forum List

Back