Britain Should Not Lower Standards For Blacks

I am black, so please forgive my lack of understanding (implied sarcasm), but I didn't see any stats on black intelligence in your link. Could you please provide them?

The link was to the black population statistics in England used to figure out how many blacks in England register 120 plus IQ.

The IQ of 70 average for Carribbean and African nations can be found here.

IQ and Global Inequality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as the 85 average for mixed race offspring this is well documented and cited in books such as The Bell Curve, which is a highly recommended read on the subject.

This is the problem with providing statistics to the stupid. You don't actually understand what the stats actually are and how to interpret them.

I have no problem with anyone - regardless of race, color or creed.... but stupid people really piss me off.

I am black, so please forgive my lack of understanding (implied sarcasm), but I didn't see any stats on black intelligence in your link. Could you please provide them?

The link was to the black population statistics in England used to figure out how many blacks in England register 120 plus IQ.

As far as the 85 average for mixed race offspring this is well documented and cited in books such as The Bell Curve, which is a highly recommended read on the subject.

This is the problem with providing statistics to the stupid. You don't actually understand what the stats actually are and how to interpret them.

I have no problem with anyone - regardless of race, color or creed.... but stupid people really piss me off.

Exactly what is it that you think that I don't understand? I said that only 6800 blacks in England have an IQ of 120 or higher. Please advise me where you think my conclusion is in error since you are so smart and I am willing to learn. Or maybe it is you who do not understand.

Exactly what is it that you think that I don't understand? I said that only 6800 blacks in England have an IQ of 120 or higher. Please advise me where you think my conclusion is in error since you are so smart and I am willing to learn. Or maybe it is you who do not understand.

Firstly, make up your mind what you're actually talking about. Is it England, Britain or the United Kingdom? Because so far, you're using all three to come up with bullshit stats for some agenda.

Secondly, you really need to study up on how to evaluate IQ with regard to race.

You're beginning to annoy me. That's never a good idea.

Firstly, make up your mind what you're actually talking about. Is it England, Britain or the United Kingdom? Because so far, you're using all three to come up with bullshit stats for some agenda.

Secondly, you really need to study up on how to evaluate IQ with regard to race.

Vitamin D deficiency is known to cause agitation, I think that's what's really bothering you. Since you live in California, I suggest you peal yourself away from your computer for a few minutes and head outside to allow your sun deprived skin a chance to manufacture some.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Okay, here is the nitty gritty for your review to point out anymiscalculations:

Black population of Great Britain: 1,700,000

Average IQ of Carribean and Sub-Saharan Africans: 70

Estimated Average black IQ in England: 80
(After generous upward adjustment for approximately 1/3 mixed-race black population)

Assumed black standard deviation: 15

Calculation of number of blacks with IQ 120 or above:

120-80/15= 2.66 standard deviations above the mean.
I.E. .4% of the black population

1,700,000 * .004 = 6,800 ( including children, retirees, etc.) with the minimum IQ needed for becoming a professor.

Ergo, these statistics show that quotas for tenureship would be indefensible.

Why would any university/workplace/whatever want to lower their standards just to hire someone of a certain skin color? That's nothing short of moronic. Hire the best person for the job, regardless of skin color. Why aren't blacks being hired? Address that problem and go from there. If not enough blacks are being hired then lowering the bar isn't the answer because that lowers the bar for everyone.

Only 50 out of 14,385 United Kingdom professors are black. They are alleging racism, and are demanding quotas to get more tenureships. However, currently it is illegal in Britain to hire someone on the basis of their skin color, so implementing affirmative action would require that parliament change the current law to allow preferential treatment for black academics.

If the British lower their standards for hiring professors it would be a disaster for the university system. 50 may not seem like a large number but the statistics tell the real story. The majority of England's 1.7 million blacks originate from Sub-Saharan Africa and the Carribbean, where the average IQ for blacks is around 70. If we assume that around a third of England's blacks average about 85 IQ because of mixed race parentage with whites, then the overall average for blacks in would be about 80. Compare that with whites who average 100 and hold 94% of the professorships. If we lowball the estimate of a 120 IQ as the entry point to be a able to become a tenured professor at the university level, a bell curve calculation reveals that only .4% or 6800 blacks have the requisite base line IQ. Of those, many are too young or old for the work force, and of the remaining many would be pursuing careers in business, medicine, engineering and other lucrative paths, not academia. 50 is a pretty significant number when blacks in the 120 range are a needle in a haystack, so there is no reason to conclude that the schools are practicing racism.

Affirmative action has compromised academic standards in America to the detriment of all students black and white, the British should not make the same mistake and should refuse to give in to the pressure to compromise their high quality of education. If blacks truly feel they have suffered discrimination then let them sue and prove it in court.

It's sad that there are people who support taking skin color into account. Enlightened people realize that our priorities should strictly be looking at peoples' qualifications.

14,000 British professors

I had no idea. My first thought was that possibly it was to do with the new class system we have in the UK and that insufficient blacks have parents with sufficient money to get them to the best private schools, Universities and various networking necessities...and that may be part of it.

I don't know if your statistics are correct and where you got them from. My daughter never took an IQ test when she was a child so how anyone would know the IQ's of British children I am not sure.

However with IQ many things need to be taken into account. For a start everyone should know that if you want to bump up your IQ score do plenty of tests - it does not depend on innate intelligence so much as learned activity. I know a recent study found that Japanese and Chinese US students had the highest IQ - why? Not surprisingly because they were brought up to work hard all the time while your ordinary American was taught all work and no play was not good for them.

Are you for aware that research which suggested IQ was hereditary was falsified?

The intelligence fraud

The UK has had virtually no social mobility since Thatcherism and that is something which really needs to be addressed. It would be quite wrong for people not to point out where there is a discrepancy. You are right we should not lower our standards. We should raise them and make sure all people are empowered with equality of opportunity.

Only 50 out of 14,385 United Kingdom professors are black. They are alleging racism, and are demanding quotas to get more tenureships. However, currently it is illegal in Britain to hire someone on the basis of their skin color, so implementing affirmative action would require that parliament change the current law to allow preferential treatment for black academics.

If the British lower their standards for hiring professors it would be a disaster for the university system. 50 may not seem like a large number but the statistics tell the real story. The majority of England's 1.7 million blacks originate from Sub-Saharan Africa and the Carribbean, where the average IQ for blacks is around 70. If we assume that around a third of England's blacks average about 85 IQ because of mixed race parentage with whites, then the overall average for blacks in would be about 80. Compare that with whites who average 100 and hold 94% of the professorships. If we lowball the estimate of a 120 IQ as the entry point to be a able to become a tenured professor at the university level, a bell curve calculation reveals that only .4% or 6800 blacks have the requisite base line IQ. Of those, many are too young or old for the work force, and of the remaining many would be pursuing careers in business, medicine, engineering and other lucrative paths, not academia. 50 is a pretty significant number when blacks in the 120 range are a needle in a haystack, so there is no reason to conclude that the schools are practicing racism.

Affirmative action has compromised academic standards in America to the detriment of all students black and white, the British should not make the same mistake and should refuse to give in to the pressure to compromise their high quality of education. If blacks truly feel they have suffered discrimination then let them sue and prove it in court.

It's sad that there are people who support taking skin color into account. Enlightened people realize that our priorities should strictly be looking at peoples' qualifications.

I had no idea. My first thought was that possibly it was to do with the new class system we have in the UK and that insufficient blacks have parents with sufficient money to get them to the best private schools, Universities and various networking necessities...and that may be part of it.

I don't know if your statistics are correct and where you got them from. My daughter never took an IQ test when she was a child so how anyone would know the IQ's of British children I am not sure.

However with IQ many things need to be taken into account. For a start everyone should know that if you want to bump up your IQ score do plenty of tests - it does not depend on innate intelligence so much as learned activity. I know a recent study found that Japanese and Chinese US students had the highest IQ - why? Not surprisingly because they were brought up to work hard all the time while your ordinary American was taught all work and no play was not good for them.

Are you for aware that research which suggested IQ was hereditary was falsified?

The intelligence fraud

The UK has had virtually no social mobility since Thatcherism and that is something which really needs to be addressed. It would be quite wrong for people not to point out where there is a discrepancy. You are right we should not lower our standards. We should raise them and make sure all people are empowered with equality of opportunity.

I am aware that some of Cyril Burt's research into the IQ of twins from 40 years ago was erroneous - which is what the article you link to says - but so are today's psychometric researchers who exclude that data from their conclusion that IQ differences by adulthood are 80% heritable. The research shows that even when raised in affluent families and sent to the best schools blacks fare less well academically than impoverished whites, so its not a question of effort.

The intelligence fraud

I am aware that some of Cyril Burt's research into the IQ of twins from 40 years ago was erroneous - which is what the article you link to says - but so are today's psychometric researchers who exclude that data from their conclusion that IQ differences by adulthood are 80% heritable. The research shows that even when raised in affluent families and sent to the best schools blacks fare less well academically than impoverished whites, so its not a question of effort.

I assumed you were saying they did less well that whites who also attended top schools. All I can say is I do not believe you and am beginning to wonder whether you are a white nationalist.

Burkes work was falsified. IQ is basically a test of learned activity. While we may have slight variations in potential with most people they are negligible. Environment plays an enormous part as well as the different traits people are born with and even those are influenced by nurturing. Indeed I seem to remember that the only thing which can be shown to be totally genetic is temperament. A study done over 20 years found that it was possible to see what the adult temperament of a person was as soon as they were born but even there environment played a large part. People born with difficult temperaments whose parents reasoned with them and understood their difficulties, grew up managing to deal with their fieriness whereas those with parents who responded temper tantrum with temper tantrum found themselves in trouble.

Role models do play a part in people achieving which is where the idea of affirmative action does come in...and then of course there can be prejudice but there is no genetic reason why black people cannot achieve as well as anyone else.... some clearly do...

The intelligence fraud

I assumed you were saying they did less well that whites who also attended top schools. All I can say is I do not believe you and am beginning to wonder whether you are a white nationalist.

Burkes work was falsified. IQ is basically a test of learned activity. While we may have slight variations in potential with most people they are negligible. Environment plays an enormous part as well as the different traits people are born with and even those are influenced by nurturing. Indeed I seem to remember that the only thing which can be shown to be totally genetic is temperament. A study done over 20 years found that it was possible to see what the adult temperament of a person was as soon as they were born but even there environment played a large part. People born with difficult temperaments whose parents reasoned with them and understood their difficulties, grew up managing to deal with their fieriness whereas those with parents who responded temper tantrum with temper tantrum found themselves in trouble.

Role models do play a part in people achieving which is where the idea of affirmative action does come in...and then of course there can be prejudice but there is no genetic reason why black people cannot achieve as well as anyone else.... some clearly do...

Alexa, if you wan't to know more about the evidence for heredity and racial IQ don't take my word for it read The Bell Curve. I understand you have your personal beliefs, but at least be willing to challenge yours assumptions and conront the evidence. I refer you to my previous posts on this board as proof I do not support racism. In your previous post you said you believed standards in United Kingdom colleges should be raised not lowered, so I assume you are against affirmative action. If so, then we have nothing to argue about because there is no reason to bring race into the discussion as long as everyone is evaluated based upon the same set of standards.

(After generous upward adjustment for approximately 1/3 mixed-race black population)

1,700,000 * .004 = 6,800 ( including children, retirees, etc.) with the minimum IQ needed for becoming a professor.

You keep talking about Great Britain, and then taking England as being the same. It is not the same thing, you fucking moron. Has your IQ reached room temperature?

race-and-iq.png

You keep talking about Great Britain, and then taking England as being the same. It is not the same thing, you fucking moron. Has your IQ reached room temperature?

My bad. I do know the difference and should not be using these names synonymously. I have since been informed by another member that you are from there, not California, so I can appreciate your sensitivity to this issue. It also explains the lack of sun.

My bad. I do know the difference and should not be using these names synonymously. I have since been informed by another member that you are from there, not California, so I can appreciate your sensitivity to this issue. It also explains the lack of sun.

Then that poster was wrong. I am not 'from there'. I am 'from California'. I just happen to currently live in England. I'm not 'sensitive' about it, you fucking idiot... I just think you should get your fucking facts right before you start ranting about blacks in 'Britain' and then providing stats about England to back that up. Don't blame me for your stupidity.

So I guess the conclusion of those who have posted before me is- that blacks are just genetically dumber than whites and without quotas and affirmative action they wouldn't be able to compete in the "white man's" world- is that the gist of you all's argument?

No i think they are just as smart as the next guy.

I think they are lazy as hell and dont WANT to compete. They want life handed to them.

Is wikipedia a credible source and what does the Bell Curve say about race/genetics and intelligence?

So I guess the conclusion of those who have posted before me is- that blacks are just genetically dumber than whites and without quotas and affirmative action they wouldn't be able to compete in the "white man's" world- is that the gist of you all's argument?

I think they are lazy as hell and dont WANT to compete. They want life handed to them.

When did this laziness begin?

When did this laziness begin?

When AA and entitlements became a way of life is when the laziness began.

There was a time when what they wanted was equality...and were willing to do anything to achieve it. That meant being just as good and just as smart as anyone else. They did not want special treatment...they wanted equality. Of which i am all for.

If the standard is X... then come up to the standard of X. Standards should not be lowered to fulfill a color quota.

Then that poster was wrong. I am not 'from there'. I am 'from California'. I just happen to currently live in England. I'm not 'sensitive' about it, you fucking idiot... I just think you should get your fucking facts right before you start ranting about blacks in 'Britain' and then providing stats about England to back that up. Don't blame me for your stupidity.

Oh, Cali, now you've gone and pulled the rug clean from under his argument! How careless of you!

Forum List

Back