Britain Should Not Lower Standards For Blacks

Harvard lowered it's standard for Bush and the Naval Academy lowered it's standard for McCain. Just thought I would point that out.

You keep talking about Great Britain, and then taking England as being the same. It is not the same thing, you fucking moron. Has your IQ reached room temperature?

My bad. I do know the difference and should not be using these names synonymously. I have since been informed by another member that you are from there, not California, so I can appreciate your sensitivity to this issue. It also explains the lack of sun.

Then that poster was wrong. I am not 'from there'. I am 'from California'. I just happen to currently live in England. I'm not 'sensitive' about it, you fucking idiot... I just think you should get your fucking facts right before you start ranting about blacks in 'Britain' and then providing stats about England to back that up. Don't blame me for your stupidity.

Okay, I won't, as long as you don't don't blame me for your cranky dispostion. :lol:

My bad. I do know the difference and should not be using these names synonymously. I have since been informed by another member that you are from there, not California, so I can appreciate your sensitivity to this issue. It also explains the lack of sun.

Then that poster was wrong. I am not 'from there'. I am 'from California'. I just happen to currently live in England. I'm not 'sensitive' about it, you fucking idiot... I just think you should get your fucking facts right before you start ranting about blacks in 'Britain' and then providing stats about England to back that up. Don't blame me for your stupidity.

Okay, I won't, as long as you don't don't blame me for your cranky dispostion. :lol:

I have a low tolerance level for stupid. So, yea, I can blame you.

idiot.

Harvard lowered it's standard for Bush and the Naval Academy lowered it's standard for McCain. Just thought I would point that out.

Neither was a professor. Or black. Or in Britain.

Thanks for the tangent.

Sometimes, I get the impression from some of my fellow Americans that they don't actually know there is a world outside the US. I do apologize for their ignorance, tiger.

No i think they are just as smart as the next guy.

I think they are lazy as hell and dont WANT to compete. They want life handed to them.

When did this laziness begin?

When AA and entitlements became a way of life is when the laziness began.

There was a time when what they wanted was equality...and were willing to do anything to achieve it. That meant being just as good and just as smart as anyone else. They did not want special treatment...they wanted equality. Of which i am all for.

If the standard is X... then come up to the standard of X. Standards should not be lowered to fulfill a color quota.

Do you consider Jim Crow/government sponsored institutionalized racism a "color quota"?

Was your "X standard" developed on a level playing field? What year was the USA's "X standard" established?

Oh, Cali, now you've gone and pulled the rug clean from under his argument! How careless of you!

My bad. :lol:

Neither was a professor. Or black. Or in Britain.

Thanks for the tangent.

Sometimes, I get the impression from some of my fellow Americans that they don't actually know there is a world outside the US. I do apologize for their ignorance, tiger.

Each country has its idiots, as a fellow Brit on another thread has made crystal clear today on multiple occasions.

There was a time when what they wanted was equality...and were willing to do anything to achieve it. That meant being just as good and just as smart as anyone else. They did not want special treatment...they wanted equality. Of which i am all for.

If the standard is X... then come up to the standard of X. Standards should not be lowered to fulfill a color quota.

Do you consider Jim Crow/government sponsored institutionalized racism a "color quota"?

Was your "X standard" developed on a level playing field? What year was the USA's "X standard" established?

It makes no difference. If the bar is set... meet the standard.

The topic is actually about Britain, so the Jim Crow argument is moot.

However, if the standard is that attained by British PhDs, then that is the standard attainable. If blacks cannot attain that standard, that is not the system at fault. It is that blacks need to improve their education.

Blacks are perfectly capable of attaining that standard, so why are they not? I would suggest that it is decades of government pandering to blacks instead of encouraging black kids to work harder at school. Welfare and special treatment have done blacks far more harm than good. This road to hell was paved with good intentions, but it still led to hell. So the question now is... do blacks have the courage to step off that path and take the harder road to achievement? I think they do. They are no different to whites.

However, if the standard is that attained by British PhDs, then that is the standard attainable. If blacks cannot attain that standard, that is not the system at fault. It is that blacks need to improve their education.

Blacks are perfectly capable of attaining that standard, so why are they not? I would suggest that it is decades of government pandering to blacks instead of encouraging black kids to work harder at school. Welfare and special treatment have done blacks far more harm than good. This road to hell was paved with good intentions, but it still led to hell. So the question now is... do blacks have the courage to step off that path and take the harder road to achievement? I think they do. They are no different to whites.

The majority of the black population in the UK is, I would assume, based in the inner city areas. Educational standards there are always poor, and they turn out just as many uneducated white children as they do black. That said, children from as Asian background seem to do well compared to their peers from that background.

A lot of it has to do with social breakdown and failed parenting. Every big city has problems of a similar nature to some degree.

The majority of the black population in the UK is, I would assume, based in the inner city areas. Educational standards there are always poor, and they turn out just as many uneducated white children as they do black. That said, children from as Asian background seem to do well compared to their peers from that background.

A lot of it has to do with social breakdown and failed parenting. Every big city has problems of a similar nature to some degree.

I agree that there are huge societal issues that need to be factored in and certainly are vital. I absolutely do not believe that blacks cannot attain the educational standard required so there are some hard questions to be addressed.

I watched Michelle Obama's visit to an inner city school in London. She took a group of students to Oxford University to inspire them. While I think it was a great idea, and we absolutely should do this.... Having attended one of your 'Redbricks', I have to wonder how comfortable these kids would be in that environment. But they absolutely should aspire to it.

I agree that there are huge societal issues that need to be factored in and certainly are vital. I absolutely do not believe that blacks cannot attain the educational standard required so there are some hard questions to be addressed.

I watched Michelle Obama's visit to an inner city school in London. She took a group of students to Oxford University to inspire them. While I think it was a great idea, and we absolutely should do this.... Having attended one of your 'Redbricks', I have to wonder how comfortable these kids would be in that environment. But they absolutely should aspire to it.

I wonder how long the inspiration lasted. For most, it will quite possibly be recollections shared with friends along the lines of "there was all these people of black robes man, I though I was in Arabia. They looked fuckin' well wierd".

Still, if one of them was truly inspired to reach higher then it was not a wasted day. On the other hand, what's that old adage about success? 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration?

So, nothing blacks achieve during the age of "special treatment" is valid? Does that theory work the same for whites under the British peerage system? Is not peerage, "welfare and special treatment" for white Brits?

So, nothing blacks achieve during the age of "special treatment" is valid? Does that theory work the same for whites under the British peerage system? Is not peerage, "welfare and special treatment" for white Brits?

No.

It could be. It all depends what peerage is. What the hell is peerage? Perhaps someone who knows an awful lot about Great Britain/England/United Kingdom/The British Isles could explain.

No.

Why isn't it?

It could be. It all depends what peerage is. What the hell is peerage? Perhaps someone who knows an awful lot about Great Britain/England/United Kingdom/The British Isles could explain.

Basically, being a Lord (or female equivalent). There are life peers and hereditary peers. Life peers do not pass their title to their next of kin. Hereditary peers do.

Forum List

Back