Bring back actual food STAMPS - no more plastic

The snap benefits are only good for food
Obama didn't remove the work requirement
The card saves tax payers money and streamlines programs

And you're an idiot.

Thy're supposed to be for food only. But at the point of sale (POS) it isn't always enforced.

Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food.

Are you saying that this clerk wasn't fired because he refused to let a customer buy cigarettes with an ebt card>
Store clerk fired for refusing to let customer buy cigarettes with EBT card | syracuse.com

No, you are wrong. You cannot buy non food products with your snap benefits.

"...But at the point of sale (POS) it isn't always enforced."---Me

"...the register can tell and only deducts food." ---You

Show me where I even used the words non food products or talked about it.

As Reagan once said, "there you go again". We were talking about food stamps in general and if the register knows what is eligible or not.

Don't pull that shit with me and try to change the discussion.

I made my point. You're wrong!

It is enforced at point of sale. It is illegal to purchase non-food products with your snap benefits. Not only for the costumer, but the store and the clerk. Are there abuses? Of course. But there is abuse in all large programs or companies.

And now I am done arguing over this nonsense with you.

You're done because you're an obtuse idiot who can't even see her own point. Did you not say what I posted 3 times or do I need to post it 4 times?

You're blabbering on about something that had, nada, zero, zilch to do with the point of what we both were discussing.

That being do POS terminals know whether an item is eligible for food stamps. It had nothing to do with enforcement either. That was it... not all these other issues that you may very well be discussing with others, moron.

Typical. You can't admit you're wrong even with a link showing you are.

You're damned right we're BOTH done because you're a lying sack of shit who intentionally ignores the point and talks about something else. You even failingly tried to divert the discussion with your idiotic comment about it being a conspiracy. You give new meaning to the word stupid!

Last edited:

Caviar, lobster, filet mignon, veal...and as much junk food you can stuff in your face.... are all well within snap benefits too.

Personally i think toothpaste, soap and laundry products should be allowed....and luxury food products and junk food should be off the list.

How much caviar, lobster, filet mignon, and veal do you think you can buy with a monthly allotment of food stamps, and how can I find the nearest poor family so I can chow down with them? Is there an app for that on my Obamaphone?

They can spend the whole month worth of food stamps on one food product if they want. That is my point...there are not controls....or very very minimal controls at best.

so you support telling someone they can only buy cercian quantities of certain items?
What if they are alergic to peanuts? Corn? Diabetic?
Big brother nanny govt?

Caviar, lobster, filet mignon, veal...and as much junk food you can stuff in your face.... are all well within snap benefits too.

Personally i think toothpaste, soap and laundry products should be allowed....and luxury food products and junk food should be off the list.

How much caviar, lobster, filet mignon, and veal do you think you can buy with a monthly allotment of food stamps, and how can I find the nearest poor family so I can chow down with them? Is there an app for that on my Obamaphone?

They can spend the whole month worth of food stamps on one food product if they want. That is my point...there are not controls....or very very minimal controls at best.

There is a lot of distance between "can" and "are".

so you support telling someone they can only buy cercian quantities of certain items?
Big brother nanny govt?

in this... you bet i am in support of telling those who use the nanny state for support what they can and cant purchase with said support.

There is a lot of distance between "can" and "are".

Not from what i have seen.

Big brother nanny govt?

Purchase restrictions don't tell them what they must buy, but what they can't buy.

Now that obozo has removed the work requirements for welfare, millions more are joining the dole rolls. Maybe if they had to go thru the shame of producing actual food stamps at walmart, they'd decide to get a job. And lets make food stamps useable for food only .

:eusa_shifty:If we did that they would just sell them like they used to.

So you're saying there's a national conspiracy by cashiers to let people buy non-food items with their snap benefits?

"Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food."---AmyNation

Are you an idiot? Don't put words in my mouth. You pulled a statement from your ass that it was automatically separated at the register and I just showed you that you're wrong, spinmeister. Apology accepted!

:eusa_clap:Nope. Alot of people are buying food for friends or neighbors and selling them to them at a cheaper price. They get around this everyday. Some of them don't even feed their kids like they are suppose too. Instead they use the cash they get for drugs and alcohol instead. The gov't needs to wise up or get out.

That is the most misdriected jump on I have seen in a while.
Did you jump on the idiot who called all the true statements lies?

Here's what a lot of people do. Sale their plastic card for cash and take the cash and get booze and smokes, and go to the food bank to eat.
I think the ratio is 10 food stamp dollar you get 1.00

Umm if they sell their card then they cannot get it recharged.And if they get another card claiming lost the old one gets cancelled. And thye will jump on you hard if you keep "losing" your card.

Nope that post was one wingnut trying to help another wingnut.
Knowing that the other wingnut is wrong.

:eusa_drool:Well dude all they have to do is return it to the one that sold it to them when it runs out and after its recharged then sell it to them again. Stop thinking like Ubama...Its bad enough with his thinking.

"Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food."---AmyNation

Are you an idiot? Don't put words in my mouth. You pulled a statement from your ass that it was automatically separated at the register and I just showed you that you're wrong, spinmeister. Apology accepted!

:eusa_clap:Nope. Alot of people are buying food for friends or neighbors and selling them to them at a cheaper price. They get around this everyday. Some of them don't even feed their kids like they are suppose too. Instead they use the cash they get for drugs and alcohol instead. The gov't needs to wise up or get out.

Why should they bother feeding their children. The kids get all their meals at school plus now snack time.

Thy're supposed to be for food only. But at the point of sale (POS) it isn't always enforced.

Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food.

Are you saying that this clerk wasn't fired because he refused to let a customer buy cigarettes with an ebt card>
Store clerk fired for refusing to let customer buy cigarettes with EBT card | syracuse.com

"I made the statement, 'Do you think myself, that lady and that gentlemen should pay for your cigarettes?' Whiton told the New Hampshire Sentinel Source. "And he responded 'yes.'"

Another customer in line then told the clerk, "You said just exactly what I was thinking," according to Whiton.

Eventually the man left without his cigarettes, but his foster mother returned the next day to complain. Later that day, another man attempted to do the same thing.

"He was very capable of working, so I told him to get a J-O-B," Whiton told the Boston Herald.

After receiving complaints, the store's manager called the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services to find out what welfare recipients could and could not buy with the card. According to the Sentinel Source, there are two kinds of EBT cards: one used strictly for food and one that can be used as a debit card for any items, including cigarettes and alcohol.

from you link.

Yes there are 2 kinds of cards on a general welfare type of card and the other food stamps type.
And the woman was not professional with the suctromer making political statements and telling them to get a job?
Yes she should have been fired.

Here's what a lot of people do. Sale their plastic card for cash and take the cash and get booze and smokes, and go to the food bank to eat.

Umm if they sell their card then they cannot get it recharged.And if they get another card claiming lost the old one gets cancelled. And thye will jump on you hard if you keep "losing" your card.

:eusa_drool:Well dude all they have to do is return it to the one that sold it to them when it runs out and after its recharged then sell it to them again. Stop thinking like Ubama...Its bad enough with his thinking.

Yep fraud is everywhere. Mieicare, military procusrment, etc.
We should just shut down medicare and the military?

Hire more fraud invesitgators?

You are conflating SNAP benefits with welfare cash benefits. The person in that story was clearly using their cash benefits, not SNAP. SNAP is food stamps. This topic is about food stamps.

Offering to buy someone's groceries on a welfare card in exchange for half that amount in cash is also common enough. Someone offered that to me a couple months ago.

Umm if they sell their card then they cannot get it recharged.
And if they get another card claiming lost the old one gets cancelled. And thye will jump on you hard if you keep "losing" your card.

False. Massachusetts will give another card (free) with no questions asked. A newspaper report a couple months ago showed about one welfare case in four was "losing" the card every month.

The snap benefits are only good for food
Obama didn't remove the work requirement
The card saves tax payers money and streamlines programs

More brazen lies from the lefties. Why are you so full of hate?

All of that is true.

Here is the FAQ for SNAP cards in Virginia, for example: http://www.dss.virginia.gov/files/division/bp/ebt/cardholder_info/faq/brochure_english.pdf

What can I buy with my Virginia EBT
card?

You can buy the following items with your Virginia EBT
card:

• Any food to be eaten at home by people, including
baby food, non-alcoholic beverages, and
seasonings.

• Seeds and plants to grow food for your own family’s
consumption.

Food stamp purchases are not charged sales tax. You
may use manufacturer’s cents-off coupons to reduce
the cost of your groceries, but you will have to pay sales
tax on the value of the coupons.

You cannot buy non-grocery items with the Virginia EBT
card, such as cleaning products, pet food, paper
products, alcohol, or tobacco
. You will have to pay for
those items with cash, by check, or a credit or debit
card.

You cannot access cash from a grocery store or ATM
with your Virginia EBT card

I think you are confusing SNAP with government cash assistance.

Also, an EBT card can be credited electronically, so there is a savings in printing food stamps and mailing them.

EBT card purchases can be monitored electronically, thus reducing fraud.

That means savings of tax dollars.

the people I know that have been on assistance have always had money for tobacco and alcohol

"...But at the point of sale (POS) it isn't always enforced."---Me

"...the register can tell and only deducts food." ---You

Show me where I even used the words non food products or talked about it.

As Reagan once said, "there you go again". We were talking about food stamps in general and if the register knows what is eligible or not.

Don't pull that shit with me and try to change the discussion.

I made my point. You're wrong!
It is enforced at point of sale. It is illegal to purchase non-food products with your snap benefits. Not only for the costumer, but the store and the clerk. Are there abuses? Of course. But there is abuse in all large programs or companies.

And now I am done arguing over this nonsense with you.

And if you think it doesn't happen, I have a BEAUTIFUL beach house for sale cheap, just south of Denver! I would bet that if I walked into every store in Boston with a SNAP card, I could walk out of half of them with a 40!

Forum List

Back