Bring back actual food STAMPS - no more plastic

Not so. You are barely and partially correct. Page 5: Only stores equipped wih the proper terminals and linked to the system. Smaller retailers do not have the capablity. cashiers have to separate items.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/ora/MENU/Published/snap/FILES/ProgramOperations/finalscn.pdf

So you're saying there's a national conspiracy by cashiers to let people buy non-food items with their snap benefits?

"Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food."---AmyNation

Are you an idiot? Don't put words in my mouth. You pulled a statement from your ass that it was automatically separated at the register and I just showed you that you're wrong, spinmeister. Apology accepted!

That is the most misdriected jump on I have seen in a while.
Did you jump on the idiot who called all the true statements lies?

So you're saying there's a national conspiracy by cashiers to let people buy non-food items with their snap benefits?

"Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food."---AmyNation

Are you an idiot? Don't put words in my mouth. You pulled a statement from your ass that it was automatically separated at the register and I just showed you that you're wrong, spinmeister. Apology accepted!

Here's what a lot of people do. Sale their plastic card for cash and take the cash and get booze and smokes, and go to the food bank to eat.
I think the ratio is 10 food stamp dollar you get 1.00

Last edited:

Listen asswipe. Amy and I were only discussing one thing...whether the register knows what's eligible or not. What she's discussing with others is her business. Twice she tried to change what we were talking about into something else.

Just like you're trying to do now. There' are multiple things being talked about here. Try focusing.

Mine and hers were about one issue to which I gave her the link.

Too hard to follow? That I can't help you with. Now I have better things to discuss then to rehash the same thing 3 times when it's right here in front of you and her.

Last edited:

Here's what a lot of people do. Sale their plastic card for cash and take the cash and get booze and smokes, and go to the food bank to eat.

Umm if they sell their card then they cannot get it recharged.
And if they get another card claiming lost the old one gets cancelled. And thye will jump on you hard if you keep "losing" your card.

Nope that post was one wingnut trying to help another wingnut.
Knowing that the other wingnut is wrong.

Last edited:

Umm if they sell their card then they cannot get it recharged.

They report it lost the next month.

The investigation uncovered people selling their electronic benefits- transfer cards for half their value. The fraud is believed to have cost the program $700,000, according to the Governor's Office.

These exchanges took place between the cardholders and employees at multiple retail locations, said Steve Meissner, a spokesman for the DES.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...a-food-stamp-fraud-arrests.html#ixzz27ba308NU

Among the more than two-dozen people accused of selling their food stamps to Somsanouk is Terry Carlson.

Officers arrested Carlson on Monday.

"I was desperate and I sold some food stamps and I wish I wouldn't have done that now," he said.

Carslon said he heard about Somsanouk's operation through word-of-mouth and turned to her when he was in need of cash.

"I sold her $80 for 40 in cash," said Carlson.

Carlson now faces the felony charge of food stamp fraud.

Investigators believe many of the 26 people accused of selling their food stamps used cash they received to buy drugs or alcohol.

Feds, Portland police bust food stamp fraud ring - KPTV - FOX 12

The investigation uncovered people selling their electronic benefits- transfer cards for half their value. The fraud is believed to have cost the program $700,000, according to the Governor's Office.

These exchanges took place between the cardholders and employees at multiple retail locations, said Steve Meissner, a spokesman for the DES.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...a-food-stamp-fraud-arrests.html#ixzz27ba308NU

Yep and some retailers get caught. I personally know of one small cas n go that lost their ability to accept EBT cards for fraud and got a suspended sentence.
Should have went to jail.
They did have 5,000 fine too.

Yep and some retailers get caught. I personally know of one small cas n go that lost their ability to accept EBT cards for fraud and got a suspended sentence.

As I said it happens and will continue to happen. The best way to prevent it, get people off foodstamps and get them back to work.

Among the more than two-dozen people accused of selling their food stamps to Somsanouk is Terry Carlson.

"I was desperate and I sold some food stamps and I wish I wouldn't have done that now," he said.

Carslon said he heard about Somsanouk's operation through word-of-mouth and turned to her when he was in need of cash.

Investigators believe many of the 26 people accused of selling their food stamps used cash they received to buy drugs or alcohol.

We had identical fraud with printed food stamps. Same price, too. 50 cents on the dollar. And paper food stamp fraud like that is far harder to catch than with electronically traceable debit cards.

If you sell your electronic food stamps, it is most likely a one-time proposition unless a retailer is the one buying them from you.

Last edited:
There is no pride anymore...going back to food stamps would just cost $ and accomplish nothing in terms of shaming people.

As I said it happens and will continue to happen. The best way to prevent it, get people off foodstamps and get them back to work.

Back to work? Many work but do not make enough money.
Many in the military get "food Stamp" assistance. They do not work?

Under the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal 2001, beginning in May 2001, qualifying servicemembers can receive up to $500 a month with the new family subsistence supplemental allowance (FSSA).

The program was designed to help families currently on food stamps. Although this allowance does target those families, all total force members may apply.

Military Food Stamp Program

2001? So Bush is the military food stamp president?

Last edited:

We had identical fraud with printed food stamps. Same price, too. 50 cents on the dollar. And paper food stamp fraud like that is far harder to catch than with electronically traceable debit cards.

I don't support going back to paper I also don't support most people getting them either.

Under the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal 2001, beginning in May 2001, qualifying servicemembers can receive up to $500 a month with the new family subsistence supplemental allowance (FSSA).

The program was designed to help families currently on food stamps. Although this allowance does target those families, all total force members may apply.

Military personal are paid good now compared to when I was in I know plenty of people in the military and they make killer money.
oh and here you go.
2012 Military Pay Scale Chart - For US Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines

Nope. I had subordinates on food stamps (and WIC) in the military in the 80s and 90s.

Military personal are paid good now compared to when I was in I know plenty of people in the military and they make killer money.
oh and here you go.
2012 Military Pay Scale Chart - For US Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines

Yeah. That is a far better pay scale than when I was in. Far better.

Forum List

Back