Bring back actual food STAMPS - no more plastic

"Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food."---AmyNation

Are you an idiot? Don't put words in my mouth. You pulled a statement from your ass that it was automatically separated at the register and I just showed you that you're wrong, spinmeister. Apology accepted!

No, you are wrong. You cannot buy non food products with your snap benefits.

:eusa_clap:Nope. Alot of people are buying food for friends or neighbors and selling them to them at a cheaper price. They get around this everyday. Some of them don't even feed their kids like they are suppose too. Instead they use the cash they get for drugs and alcohol instead. The gov't needs to wise up or get out.

Here's what a lot of people do. Sale their plastic card for cash and take the cash and get booze and smokes, and go to the food bank to eat.
I think the ratio is 10 food stamp dollar you get 1.00

Umm if they sell their card then they cannot get it recharged.
And if they get another card claiming lost the old one gets cancelled. And thye will jump on you hard if you keep "losing" your card.

Nope that post was one wingnut trying to help another wingnut.
Knowing that the other wingnut is wrong.

False. Massachusetts will give another card (free) with no questions asked. A newspaper report a couple months ago showed about one welfare case in four was "losing" the card every month.
Link?

Umm if they sell their card then they cannot get it recharged.And if they get another card claiming lost the old one gets cancelled. And thye will jump on you hard if you keep "losing" your card.

:eusa_drool:Well dude all they have to do is return it to the one that sold it to them when it runs out and after its recharged then sell it to them again. Stop thinking like Ubama...Its bad enough with his thinking.

Yep fraud is everywhere. Mieicare, military procusrment, etc.
We should just shut down medicare and the military?

Punish fraud with gargantuan fines (in the $100,000,000 range) and multi-decade sentences. Throw a few thousand leeches in solitary confinement for 25 years and the rest might wise up.

Punish fraud with gargantuan fines (in the $100,000,000 range) and multi-decade sentences. Throw a few thousand leeches in solitary confinement for 25 years and the rest might wise up.

But it's blacks and hispanics that are doing all the cheating. Are you a wacist?

"...But at the point of sale (POS) it isn't always enforced."---Me

"...the register can tell and only deducts food." ---You

Show me where I even used the words non food products or talked about it.

As Reagan once said, "there you go again". We were talking about food stamps in general and if the register knows what is eligible or not.

Don't pull that shit with me and try to change the discussion.

I made my point. You're wrong!
It is enforced at point of sale. It is illegal to purchase non-food products with your snap benefits. Not only for the costumer, but the store and the clerk. Are there abuses? Of course. But there is abuse in all large programs or companies.

And now I am done arguing over this nonsense with you.

And if you think it doesn't happen, I have a BEAUTIFUL beach house for sale cheap, just south of Denver! I would bet that if I walked into every store in Boston with a SNAP card, I could walk out of half of them with a 40!

No one said fraud doesn't happen. You will find fraud in every large program or business. We are talking about what people can and can't buy with their snap benefits, not what people do illegally with them.

More brazen lies from the lefties. Why are you so full of hate?

All of that is true.

Here is the FAQ for SNAP cards in Virginia, for example: http://www.dss.virginia.gov/files/division/bp/ebt/cardholder_info/faq/brochure_english.pdf

What can I buy with my Virginia EBT
card?

You can buy the following items with your Virginia EBT
card:

• Any food to be eaten at home by people, including
baby food, non-alcoholic beverages, and
seasonings.

• Seeds and plants to grow food for your own family’s
consumption.

Food stamp purchases are not charged sales tax. You
may use manufacturer’s cents-off coupons to reduce
the cost of your groceries, but you will have to pay sales
tax on the value of the coupons.

You cannot buy non-grocery items with the Virginia EBT
card, such as cleaning products, pet food, paper
products, alcohol, or tobacco
. You will have to pay for
those items with cash, by check, or a credit or debit
card.

You cannot access cash from a grocery store or ATM
with your Virginia EBT card

I think you are confusing SNAP with government cash assistance.

Also, an EBT card can be credited electronically, so there is a savings in printing food stamps and mailing them.

EBT card purchases can be monitored electronically, thus reducing fraud.

That means savings of tax dollars.

the people I know that have been on assistance have always had money for tobacco and alcohol

That’s because the SNAP program was designed for low income working families earning less than 130 percent of the FPL.

. Alot of people are buying food for friends or neighbors and selling them to them at a cheaper price. They get around this everyday. Some of them don't even feed their kids like they are suppose too. Instead they use the cash they get for drugs and alcohol instead. The gov't needs to wise up or get out

The govt knows all about it but the blacks are doing it so obama/holder say let it slide.

All of that is true.

Here is the FAQ for SNAP cards in Virginia, for example: http://www.dss.virginia.gov/files/division/bp/ebt/cardholder_info/faq/brochure_english.pdf

I think you are confusing SNAP with government cash assistance.

Also, an EBT card can be credited electronically, so there is a savings in printing food stamps and mailing them.

EBT card purchases can be monitored electronically, thus reducing fraud.

That means savings of tax dollars.

the people I know that have been on assistance have always had money for tobacco and alcohol

That’s because the SNAP program was designed for low income working families earning less than 130 percent of the FPL.

so then the taxpayers should be subsidizing someone else's drunk?

ps you seem to know a lot about it

Here's what a lot of people do. Sale their plastic card for cash and take the cash and get booze and smokes, and go to the food bank to eat.
I think the ratio is 10 food stamp dollar you get 1.00

Umm if they sell their card then they cannot get it recharged.
And if they get another card claiming lost the old one gets cancelled. And thye will jump on you hard if you keep "losing" your card.

False. Massachusetts will give another card (free) with no questions asked. A newspaper report a couple months ago showed about one welfare case in four was "losing" the card every month.

States vary on this.
Apparantly MA is lax on it and should tighten reguirements.

There aint no shame in TX, they whip out the EBT with Pride

LoneStar.gif

Living in Texas sometimes is it's own brand of shame.

Thy're supposed to be for food only. But at the point of sale (POS) it isn't always enforced.

Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food.

Are you saying that this clerk wasn't fired because he refused to let a customer buy cigarettes with an ebt card>
Store clerk fired for refusing to let customer buy cigarettes with EBT card | syracuse.com

I would say that. She wasn't fired for refusing to sell him cigarettes using an EBT card. She was fired for being rude to a consumer. If she had just said on, this wouldn't have been a problem.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLTTX35LNJo]Chapter - It's Free Swipe Yo EBT (Explicit) - YouTube[/ame]

I think food stamps should work kind of like Unemployment. Of course unless you're on SSD for a good reason.

The difference should be with that the receiver should be judged on taking college classes or going in to a trade school. There MUST be some way to get people to improve themselves in order to be on them. Once someone has enough education to feel that they can make enough money...Well, they will naturally want to seek employment.

Unlike Unemployment, this program should be in place as long as you're trying to advance yourself. This will make people want to better themselves even if they're going to sit on their ass...Believe me, you're not going to charge these people.

-A more intelligent and capable populaion=one more capable of getting employed. The normal human being isn't going to live with 15k/year when he/she/it can get 60k per year.

Shaming these people isn't going to work.

Last edited:
I think food stamps should work kind of like Unemployment. Of course unless you're on SSD for a good reason.

The difference should be with that the receiver should be judged on taking college classes or going in to a trade school. There MUST be some way to get people to improve themselves in order to be on them. Once someone has enough education to feel that they can make enough money...Well, they will naturally want to seek employment.

Unlike Unemployment, this program should be in place as long as you're trying to advance yourself. This will make people want to better themselves even if they're going to sit on their ass...Believe me, you're not going to charge these people.

-A more intelligent and capable populaion=one more capable of getting employed. The normal human being isn't going to live with 15k/year when he/she/it can get 60k per year.

Shaming these people isn't going to work.

some people HAVE no shame......

how about the Feds get out of Food stamps all together and the States either take over completely or come up with their own programs?

Forum List

Back