Brilliant idea, if I do say so myself

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
No more taxes. No taxes, no more for nobody.

No taxation, no representation, no tyranny.

Whoever all we owe, can just hang. Color us bankrupt.

Think of me as a Republican-in-training.

So - how will this work?

I know the corporation people - we don't want to tax them. And if we don't want to tax them, then it logically follows that we don't want to tax the actual people.

Having said all that, what other means can be used to raise money to support the government (you know. Should we actually require one.)

So - how will this work?

I know the corporation people - we don't want to tax them. And if we don't want to tax them, then it logically follows that we don't want to tax the actual people.

Having said all that, what other means can be used to raise money to support the government (you know. Should we actually require one.)

I'm all for it. Give all the winners a prize and let's start over with the same amount of money we had 50 years ago.

I know how to fix the economy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPEYycCRKXo&feature=player_detailpage]South Park- Bailout - YouTube[/ame]

So - how will this work?

Actually it's an interesting proposition if we were to leave politics out of it. Why do we need money? I heard of a town in the former Soviet Union where the people who work at the power plant haven't been paid in years. The winters (and the summers by the way) are so harsh that if they didn't power the plant for just a little while, people who get power from the plant would perish. Now I don't know if that is true or not--the whole thing. I heard it during one of the "up close and personal" segments during NBC's broadcast of the Olympics.

But the idea that in that remote town, there are things more important than money and I'm not talking about vanity poses, I mean if these people don't contribute and people who are serviced don't contribute back to them; they both die. I guess the animal kingdom works in the same way sort of.

But anyway, I would be interested to hear what the board thinks; why do we need money?

So - how will this work?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA]Trololo - YouTube[/ame]

So it’s either spending the country into bankruptcy while paying people to not even work or anarchy... And you call others "extreme" or "fringe."

There is another solution btw, it’s having a Government that is restrained by our constitution. Try it for once before you spontaneously combust due to getting your way but it not working rather than trying to blame anyone and everyone else for your own failures.

So - how will this work?

I'm thinking of you more as a moonbat who aced the test....The section about building strawmen based upon nothing more than your bigoted stereotypes, in particular.

So - how will this work?

I'm thinking of you more as a moonbat who aced the test....The section about building strawmen based upon nothing more than your bigoted stereotypes, in particular.

We should report her to Attack Watch for going off message.

So - how will this work?

Actually it's an interesting proposition if we were to leave politics out of it. Why do we need money? I heard of a town in the former Soviet Union where the people who work at the power plant haven't been paid in years. The winters (and the summers by the way) are so harsh that if they didn't power the plant for just a little while, people who get power from the plant would perish. Now I don't know if that is true or not--the whole thing. I heard it during one of the "up close and personal" segments during NBC's broadcast of the Olympics.

But the idea that in that remote town, there are things more important than money and I'm not talking about vanity poses, I mean if these people don't contribute and people who are serviced don't contribute back to them; they both die. I guess the animal kingdom works in the same way sort of.

But anyway, I would be interested to hear what the board thinks; why do we need money?

Co-op life? Intriguing.

So it’s either spending the country into bankruptcy while paying people to not even work or anarchy... And you call others "extreme" or "fringe."

There is another solution btw, it’s having a Government that is restrained by our constitution. Try it for once before you spontaneously combust due to getting your way but it not working rather than trying to blame anyone and everyone else for your own failures.

Okay!!!
:cow:

In what I know will be a vain attempt to start a debate sans insults, innuendo, and name calling, what do you all think about this.

Take one state out of the 50...pick a state...any state.

And lets return it's federal involvement to the exact words of the Constitution.
In other words, take Alabama since it is the first state alphabetically, and reduce Federal involvement to the same time as 1787. See how it goes for a year or so and see if we want to expand that to other states.

I'd be interested to see how it's going.

What I think is that after 2 months of no federal involvement (funding education, federal grants for training, clean water standards, etc...Alabama will want the 2011 version back quickly. I could be wrong and I'll be happy to admit that I am.

But the question is, does the rank and file here think it is a good idea to set up an one state lab to see how the experiment goes. What say you?

In what I know will be a vain attempt to start a debate sans insults, innuendo, and name calling, what do you all think about this.

And lets return it's federal involvement to the exact words of the Constitution.
In other words, take Alabama since it is the first state alphabetically, and reduce Federal involvement to the same time as 1787. See how it goes for a year or so and see if we want to expand that to other states.

What I think is that after 2 months of no federal involvement (funding education, federal grants for training, clean water standards, etc...Alabama will want the 2011 version back quickly. I could be wrong and I'll be happy to admit that I am.

But the question is, does the rank and file here think it is a good idea to set up an one state lab to see how the experiment goes. What say you?

You also don't take any federal taxes (i.e. the fuel tax) and remove the over-regulating little bureaucratic federal pispqueaks, I bet they'd be totally good with it.

So - how will this work?

Co-op life? Intriguing.

Not really. Works only in the case of everyone being extremely poor as industry would cease to exists. In that system, barter is all you have left and there is no way to barter for higher goods that require a manufacturing base.

So - how will this work?

Nah, you're just a garden variety idiot... like your buddy TDM. Nothing special there...

Okay!!!
:cow:

Does anybody know when federal started getting involved in state?

Forum List

Back