Brilliant idea, if I do say so myself

No more taxes. No taxes, no more for nobody.

No taxation, no representation, no tyranny.

Whoever all we owe, can just hang. Color us bankrupt.

Think of me as a Republican-in-training.

So - how will this work?

I know the corporation people - we don't want to tax them. And if we don't want to tax them, then it logically follows that we don't want to tax the actual people.

Having said all that, what other means can be used to raise money to support the government (you know. Should we actually require one.)

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation

Actually it's an interesting proposition if we were to leave politics out of it. Why do we need money? I heard of a town in the former Soviet Union where the people who work at the power plant haven't been paid in years. The winters (and the summers by the way) are so harsh that if they didn't power the plant for just a little while, people who get power from the plant would perish. Now I don't know if that is true or not--the whole thing. I heard it during one of the "up close and personal" segments during NBC's broadcast of the Olympics.

But the idea that in that remote town, there are things more important than money and I'm not talking about vanity poses, I mean if these people don't contribute and people who are serviced don't contribute back to them; they both die. I guess the animal kingdom works in the same way sort of.

But anyway, I would be interested to hear what the board thinks; why do we need money?

Co-op life? Intriguing.

Not really. Works only in the case of everyone being extremely poor as industry would cease to exists. In that system, barter is all you have left and there is no way to barter for higher goods that require a manufacturing base.

I could be good with barter. Lots of options.

So - how will this work?

I know the corporation people - we don't want to tax them. And if we don't want to tax them, then it logically follows that we don't want to tax the actual people.

Having said all that, what other means can be used to raise money to support the government (you know. Should we actually require one.)

No, I'm seriously asking why we need taxation. At all. Period.

So - how will this work?

No, I'm seriously asking why we need taxation. At all. Period.

Why? No Republican has called for no taxes. They've called for lower taxes and better methods of taxation that lets everyone get some skin in the game.

You apparently do not understand barter than. It is not a case of lots of options. In a barter system you have almost no options whatsoever. You not only have to have a need, they have to have what you have AND those items must be in proportion. Currency eliminates all that by giving you a medium to exchange goods thereby opening up a far greater amount or possibilities for you.

You apparently do not understand barter than. It is not a case of lots of options. In a barter system you have almost no options whatsoever. You not only have to have a need, they have to have what you have AND those items must be in proportion. Currency eliminates all that by giving you a medium to exchange goods thereby opening up a far greater amount or possibilities for you.

It is a case of a lot of options, I have a great many skills and abilities I could trade.

I'm not looking for nirvana, or perfection. I'm looking for what could work.

It is a case of a lot of options, I have a great many skills and abilities I could trade.

I'm not looking for nirvana, or perfection. I'm looking for what could work.

And I am not talking about perfection either. It could not work at all in an industrialized society. Now, if you want to return to an aggregation society that lives in huts with dirt floors and lives or dies by your crop then it can 'work' but our definition of work would be quite different.

I want to tax the Corporate owners. It is time for those who profit at the exploits of others to show there
appreciation, and contribute to the society that made it possible for their wealth to exist.

If they wish to continue placing the tax burden on those in lower socio-economic status while benefiting
from the infrastructure, then Corporations should no longer to be considered as a " legal person" which was established
by the Supreme Court in 1886.

Last edited:
a fair flat tax. on everyone, no loopholes, no exceptions, no excuses and no class warfare.

Actually it's an interesting proposition if we were to leave politics out of it. Why do we need money? I heard of a town in the former Soviet Union where the people who work at the power plant haven't been paid in years. The winters (and the summers by the way) are so harsh that if they didn't power the plant for just a little while, people who get power from the plant would perish. Now I don't know if that is true or not--the whole thing. I heard it during one of the "up close and personal" segments during NBC's broadcast of the Olympics.

But the idea that in that remote town, there are things more important than money and I'm not talking about vanity poses, I mean if these people don't contribute and people who are serviced don't contribute back to them; they both die. I guess the animal kingdom works in the same way sort of.

But anyway, I would be interested to hear what the board thinks; why do we need money?

Co-op life? Intriguing.

Not really. Works only in the case of everyone being extremely poor as industry would cease to exists. In that system, barter is all you have left and there is no way to barter for higher goods that require a manufacturing base.

See, I disagree....if we as a planet can agree on what is important, allocate what is necessary to make it so, why would it have spiral downward.

Just a wild ass thought off the top of my bean but lets take food, we all need it.
The planet agrees that we need X amount of square miles dedicated to agriculture which includes farming and ranching...figuring out the yield of items. Like if I understand it right, Corn needs a lot of room to grow while there needn't be that much room allocated for radishes or carrots and other stuff that grows underground. So if the planet can grow so much to feed it's people, the remaining square miles are open for industry, manufacturing, conservation, etc...

I know its pie in the sky but my question is if politics and political ideologies, boundaries, and nationalism are all set aside, can we get to a system by which those who produce industry are rewarded for their labors by agriculture and manufacturing?

The human mind is conditioned to want to be the lead dog in the pack so such a system would be sabotaged from within by those wanting ribeye instead of sirloin or more plums than raisins.

But I don't see why it necessarily has to mean lower standards. If I recall hearing it right, we produce enough food in the US to feed the world 100%. They can't afford it and we can't afford to give it away for free. I do know that incredibly debilitating diseases are rampant in other areas of the world and we have meds that could improve those effected that are being thrown away due to their expiring on the shelf. Again, they can't afford to buy them and we can't afford to give them away.

Sad when you think about it on a planetary scale.

I want to tax the Corporate owners. It is time for those who profit at the exploits of others to show there
appreciation, and contribute to the society that made it possible for their wealth to exist.

If they wish to continue placing the tax burden on those in lower socio-economic status while benefiting
from the infrastructure, then Corporations should no longer to be considered as a " legal person" which was established
by the Supreme Court in 1886.

You live in your mom's basement don't you? Those corporate OWNERS don't exploit you. They pay you a wage in exchange for your time and talent. Don't like what they pay? Go elsewhere. Want to get filthy rich like them? Quit working for someone else, come up with an idea, sink everything you have into a start up and take the risk they took. Of course you'll have to deal with the jackwagons who think you're evil and exploiting them because your company is making a tidy profit and they are only getting what their time and talent is worth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back