May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Reduced a bit for the web...

Canon S2 IS, F 3.2/ 1"/ +2 exposure compensation, hand-held
is.php

Canon S2 IS, F 2.7/ 1"/ no exposure compensation, hand-held
1MB image:
http://www.imagehostingsite.com/is.php?i=1854&img=bridge2night.jp.jpg

Great pic... nice camera... HAND HELD SHOT... impressive. I tried that taking a picture of Reno at night. Could not do it. Had to use a tripod.

canon.jpg

I think that's what I need. A camera with a better lens. This is my camera...

canon6.jpg

Nice shot, D. I'm more of a "nature girl," but if you're going to shoot a city, city lights are about the prettiest thing you can do.

Pale Rider said:
Great pic... nice camera...

I think that's what I need. A camera with a better lens. This is my camera...

When I was shopping for a camera, I picked the best lens I could get. Lens is SOO important - compare the lens on the camera you showed, vs. that of the S2 or the newer S3.

I've been VERY happy w/ this S2 - the IS is what allowed me to have a 1 second + shutter speed and not get too much distortion.

:)

Josie: I can only shoot what I see; now I see 'city' :( :-/

hehe.

dmp said:
When I was shopping for a camera, I picked the best lens I could get. Lens is SOO important - compare the lens on the camera you showed, vs. that of the S2 or the newer S3.

I've been VERY happy w/ this S2 - the IS is what allowed me to have a 1 second + shutter speed and not get too much distortion.

Josie: I can only shoot what I see; now I see 'city' :( :-/

hehe.

Absolutely. No picture is any better than the lense. I see you have a lower f-stop than I do. Hence the greater light collecting capability. Nice. Yeah I've been looking at camera's. I'd like one with interchangable lenses, but the cost starts going up quick. Gotta stay with a Canon though. The S50 is my third Canon.

mom4 said:
Wow... I guess I really botched that remark. It was supposed to be a "compliment"!

No, no...you didn't botch ANYTHING. I was editorializing...my mistake. :(

I take and appreciate and am thankfull for the compliment, dear.

:D

Pale Rider said:
Absolutely. No picture is any better than the lense. I see you have a lower f-stop than I do. Hence the greater light collecting capability. Nice. Yeah I've been looking at camera's. I'd like one with interchangable lenses, but the cost starts going up quick. Gotta stay with a Canon though. The S50 is my third Canon.

My S2 can have lenses attached. :) In fact, my previous A75 could as well.

misterblu shoots with a Canon 20D. it's...fanTASTIC - but doesn't fit in a coat pocket much.

dmp said:
No, no...you didn't botch ANYTHING. I was editorializing...my mistake. :(

I take and appreciate and am thankfull for the compliment, dear.

In that case, you're very welcome. Any time.

:thup:

I have to get an IS lens for my 20D. What does the EXIF say the focal length was? 20mm or so?

Nice camera! :p:

Pale Rider said:
Great pic... nice camera... HAND HELD SHOT... impressive. I tried that taking a picture of Reno at night. Could not do it. Had to use a tripod.

Damn it... I accidently wrote over my image file for your camera pic. Oh well... I at least saw which one it was.

I love those moments when I do something so brilliant... :gross2:

misterblu said:

I have to get an IS lens for my 20D. What does the EXIF say the focal length was? 20mm or so?

Nice camera! :p:

IIRC one of them was 6mm. I can check tonite, as I have to stop by and pick up a couple more things.

btw - my cable works for some reason. Weird eh? No complaints! :) Kept me company last night.

dmp said:
IIRC one of them was 6mm. I can check tonite, as I have to stop by and pick up a couple more things.

btw - my cable works for some reason. Weird eh? No complaints! :) Kept me company last night.

Oh yeah... tiny sensor
(6.0X crop!!!). I forgot. :D

6mm can normally be hand held at 1/6th second or so. IS buys 3 more stops... 1/3, 2/3, 4/3. You could have actually exposed that longer if you'd have liked.

misterblu said:
Oh yeah... tiny sensor
(6.0X crop!!!). I forgot. :D

6mm can normally be hand held at 1/6th second or so. IS buys 3 more stops... 1/3, 2/3, 4/3. You could have actually exposed that longer if you'd have liked.

I'm just unsure how to adjust it. I can do the Fstop now, thanks to you...ISO...but the shutter durration seems to be selected by the camera based on the two variables above.

I should RTFM some day, I suppose.

dmp said:
I'm just unsure how to adjust it. I can do the Fstop now, thanks to you...ISO...but the shutter durration seems to be selected by the camera based on the two variables above.

I should RTFM some day, I suppose.

Start here:

S2ISAVTV.gif

:p:

Forum List

Back