Brexit fallout - we are all going to die.

I'd also import more migrants looking for free stuff,,,,your care will improve immeasurably

Maybe less bureaucrats...and more caregivers.......just a thought
Maybe more government funding for nurse training. The tories cut it a couple of years back and filled the vacancies with overseas nurses.
Now they wont guarantee them tenure and they are all off to somewhere warmer.
Brexit = playing with peoples lives on all sort of levels.
Maybe less bureaucrats would fund it.......your system is way top heavy
Perhaps you could help me with some figures ?
"More Bosses Than GPs as Bureaucracy Soaks Up Extra NHS Billions" - The Evening Standard (London, England), April 5, 2004 | Online Research Library: Questia

Two managers for every nurse: is this our NHS?
And no thats not recent its worse....cant find the article I read not too long ago, diagrammed it all out
Lol, something from the last decade would be good.

I thought that socialized medicine was great.
You have no imagination of European standards. We have standards but the insurance companies, the nursing service companies and many hospitals are private. Underfunding by the gov´t and intentional shortages of employees created by the private companies are the real problems.

I understand how underfunding by the government is a problem.

What do you mean, intentional shortage of employees by private companies?

I thought that socialized medicine was great.
You have no imagination of European standards. We have standards but the insurance companies, the nursing service companies and many hospitals are private. Underfunding by the gov´t and intentional shortages of employees created by the private companies are the real problems.

I understand how underfunding by the government is a problem.

What do you mean, intentional shortage of employees by private companies?
They save money. They do not hire enough people and the ones they hire do overtime, even unpaid. Their fear of unemployment has turned them into zombies who work day and night. I have a neighbor who is nursed. They only stay a minute.

uk02.jpg

EU nurses no longer want to work in Britain. Brexit is poisoning the NHS | Suzanne Moore

Those of us on our deathbeds will take comfort from the fact that we have "taken back control".
Come on Tommy Tainant you're exaggerating ;)
Nobody is going to die in the UK due to the Brexit!
Don't believe what some reporters say :)
It is already happening. Brexit is reducing the number of medical staff in our hospitals. Its going to get worse.

EU nurses no longer want to work in Britain. Brexit is poisoning the NHS | Suzanne Moore

Those of us on our deathbeds will take comfort from the fact that we have "taken back control".
It is already happening. Brexit is reducing the number of medical staff in our hospitals. Its going to get worse.
Why? :dunno:
UK has many good colleges so I think you should have many good nurses and doctors :)

Why? :dunno:
UK has many good colleges so I think you should have many good nurses and doctors :)
Its been going on a few years. The NHS has always been reliant on immigrant labour. A few years ago the tories cut bursaries for training nurses and the numbers reduced dramatically.
NHS has lost more than 5,000 nurses in three years

So to make up the shortfall they advertised for nurses around the EU.
NHS brings in 5,000 EU nurses | Daily Mail Online

But now these nurses are being told that their residency in the UK is dependant on the outcome of brexit talks.

Brexit causes nursing crisis as number joining NHS from Europe plunges 75%

As a result of which they are leaving in droves.

These are highly trained people who could get work anywhere in the world. why should they stay where they are not wanted ?

Maybe less bureaucrats...and more caregivers.......just a thought
Maybe more government funding for nurse training. The tories cut it a couple of years back and filled the vacancies with overseas nurses.
Now they wont guarantee them tenure and they are all off to somewhere warmer.
Brexit = playing with peoples lives on all sort of levels.
It was New Labour that escalated cutting training and importing nurses.

Forum List

Back