Brexit busted.

I'd probably vote for Brexit, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

A new Daily Mail poll came out having the Remain in the lead, and the odds widened for the Leave. Markets are soaring.
The odds are all over the place. I think its too close to call.

Bookmakers shorten odds on Brexit for EU referendum

When they do these polls, are they counting in those British people who live in the EU or abroad? I know a few, I don't know any who are pro-exit. I know some who don't know anything.

A new Daily Mail poll came out having the Remain in the lead, and the odds widened for the Leave. Markets are soaring.

Yep, the markets go up and down based on whether leave or stay is in the lead.

EURef17Junsmall.jpg

The pound hasn't been as high as today since then end of May.

Why would people want to leave when they know that the pound is going to go down?

Why would people want to remain when they know they will be unable to get treatment at the NHS, or be helped when their jobs go to France or Germany.

Don't forget the 80% trade deficit that is doing UK business's no favours, that will impact on the EU ability to make more money out of the UK. The £350million a day given to the EU would do a lot better for the country in our pockets

Remain was 56% to 39% for ages 18-34

Says a lot about those who have a future are more likely to stay, those whose careers are already settled and there's nothing much new want to leave.

Over 65s is 55% leave and 39% stay.

One question were is the money coming from to build the houses needed for the impending migrants of the new nations on the list of new members. If we give up any more arable lands we wont have any left for crops, and we will be even more prone to flooding when the water has nowhere to go. Were is the money coming from for education, health and welfare when all the jobs have gone to cheap migrant labour working cash in hand ?

When they do these polls, are they counting in those British people who live in the EU or abroad? I know a few, I don't know any who are pro-exit. I know some who don't know anything.

They ask a sample population for their views, many times just a few thousand. This is why these polls are worthless for predicting anythging

Odds are 1/3 to 1/4 that Remain wins.
Is that just the weight of money though ?

Its a bizarre situation. All the noise is coming from brexit, all the banners are brexit. I am hoping its because they are motivated for change rather than a reflection of the true state of affairs. I have a car boot full of brexit banners I have ripped down in the locality. Will have a bonfire with it all later.

My friends are roughly 90/10 in favour of remain but they are generally brighter than the average.

Fingers crossed, a brexit would set us back decades.

Its a bizarre situation. All the noise is coming from brexit, all the banners are brexit. I am hoping its because they are motivated for change rather than a reflection of the true state of affairs. I have a car boot full of brexit banners I have ripped down in the locality. Will have a bonfire with it all later.

My friends are roughly 90/10 in favour of remain but they are generally brighter than the average.

"Brighter than the average."

Gratuitous arrogance.

Follow the money

So you're a thief as well as a violent thug, both by your own admission.

So you're a thief as well as a violent thug, both by your own admission.
The tossers are welcome to have them back if they are quick enough.

Basic sense.

Gratuitous arrogance.
Basic sense.

Gratuitous arrogance.

He means brighter than the average idiot

You are just bitter because you have lost the argument and the vote.

Wales loves Europe and Europe loves Wales.

upload_2016-6-21_9-12-22.jpeg
upload_2016-6-21_9-12-22.jpeg

You are just bitter because you have lost the argument and the vote.

Wales loves Europe and Europe loves Wales.

View attachment 78830View attachment 78830

Lost the argument and the vote, eh ?

What vote is that, Tommy ? The one that HASN'T HAPPENED YET ??

Wait to see what happens. Remember, the polls got it badly wrong on the last General Election .. not until the very evening after the vote, did one poll - that from the BBC, of all people !! - actually come up with an accurate prediction. We had weeks of pollsters telling us something different to what happened .. a Conservative majority !

It's far from impossible for equal inaccuracy to be true on the Brexit issue, Tommy. Or, for someone to commit a gaffe that skews things wildly in one direction at the last possible moment. I cite, to prove the veracity of my point ... Kinnock's 'triumphalist rally', on the eve of voting, early 1990's (and his defeat the following day, after polls predicted a win for Kinnock). Or, if you prefer, Gordon Brown's 'that bigoted woman' gaffe when he was caught on microphone disparaging a Northern woman for DARING to care about immigration ! Remember that one ?

Considering just how low the 'Remain' side have already sunk, considering the obvious panic that must be involved on their side to do so (the end of Western political civilisation 'predicted' if we leave, for example, or maybe the eventual 'outbreak of WWIII' !!) ... anything's possible, it seems to me.

Trust to your side's proven talent to screw up at the last moment, Tommy !!

If you didn't believe LEAVE was leading then today's whine from Cameron should have enlightened. He's lost on jobs. He's lost on immigration. He's lost of the economy. So now he's fallen back on The American Liberal Mantra:

"Do it for the children....."

Forum List

Back