Breaking: Trump vs Clinton---20% Of Democrats Likely To Vote For Trump In General Election

I posted elsewhere this morning on the Board, from a more significant and less biased source, that the cross over appeal for Trump is negligible. Go look it up.

I posted elsewhere this morning on the Board, from a more significant and less biased source, that the cross over appeal for Trump is negligible. Go look it up.
the Washington Post didn't even disprove of this Mercury Analytics poll.

If 20% of registered dems vote for him he wins. Not only that, once treacherous Hillary teaches millions of Bernie virgins how dirty delegate stealing Rat politics REALLY works, Trump will gain 20 million revenge votes.

Presidential polls updates 2016: Trump vs. Clinton — 20 percent of Democrats likely to vote for Trump | Christian News on Christian Today!

I agree with the synopsis. Most internals say the same thing, which is why the Democrats have their panties in a knot, although they are saying around 18%.

What is significant about this is..............of the Democrats polled...........which is significant. Why? Because they also point to a significant drop off in Democratic voters this cycle. So, of the Democratic party votes actually cast, it could end up being a significantly higher percentage of total registered Democrats who actually cast a ballot.

But, all news is not good news, sigh! If the republicans stay home as some on here threaten, then the Democrats would still win the battle of "the vote that wasn't."

This is hardly 'breaking'. The 'dial study' was from January 8th.

"The media’s ability to influence is undeniable," says Ron Howard, a Washington-based CEO of Mercury Analytics, an online polling and research firm.

Howard is a longtime friend and conceded that while, yes, the influence is obvious, "there are some issues or topics that are easier to ignite than they are to suppress, or vice-a-versa – the fact that they could make Trump larger than life does not mean that they can as easily bring him down."

"Let’s also remember that the media ran countless stories about Trump’s meteoric rise, including his refreshing manner of political incorrectness and candor – his straight-talk was positioned as a strength."

Trump survives media bashing

So a long time friend of Trump is hired by Trump and shows that democrats will defect to Trump in huge numbers. While no other source does.

Sounds like the perfect source for Stephen.

If 20% of registered dems vote for him he wins. Not only that, once treacherous Hillary teaches millions of Bernie virgins how dirty delegate stealing Rat politics REALLY works, Trump will gain 20 million revenge votes.

Presidential polls updates 2016: Trump vs. Clinton — 20 percent of Democrats likely to vote for Trump | Christian News on Christian Today!

I agree with the synopsis. Most internals say the same thing, which is why the Democrats have their panties in a knot, although they are saying around 18%.

What is significant about this is..............of the Democrats polled...........which is significant. Why? Because they also point to a significant drop off in Democratic voters this cycle. So, of the Democratic party votes actually cast, it could end up being a significantly higher percentage of total registered Democrats who actually cast a ballot.

But, all news is not good news, sigh! If the republicans stay home as some on here threaten, then the Democrats would still win the battle of "the vote that wasn't."

Can you show us anyone other than Mercury Analytics saying this? Remembering of course that the 'dial study' doesn't ask how anyone will actually vote.

And let me add one more thing.............I believe Trump would get the African American vote down to post 1965 levels of 85 to 90% Democrat. He could do better, but even historical levels are acceptable, not desired mind you. but acceptable.

The Hispanic vote is not monolithic. Different groups vote different ways, for different reasons. As long as Cuban Americans are extremely pissed over this Cuba deal in Florida, that is one of the main ingredients for a GOP victory. (I am sitting her in South Eastern Florida as I type this with a big grin on my face, so that should tell you something) California and Illinois are lost even if the Democrats send the National Guard in, so let them all vote Democrat as far as I am concerned, lol.

And so, it is really all about the REPUBLICAN turnout. If Trump........or whomever......can convince them to show, the Democrats are in deep, deep, trouble. Once the GOP nominee is chosen, watch the polls for 15 days. That will tell you if things stay rosy, or are getting dicey. The other tell tale sign will be if Kasich takes the VP spot, which no matter what he is saying, is actually what he is running for. If he does, it is virtually a sure sign that the Democrats are sunk!

No surprise. Lot of blue dog democrats more moderate ones like Manchin from West Va and especially down south here and in the rust belt. This election will get rid of the "moderate" "progressive" "republicans" and they can go vote for Hitlery people like Toro here on USMB and the republican party will pull the blue dog democrats and rust belt democrats and union workers etc.

The insanity behind the Trumpian hope for minority votes amazes the clear seeing folks on the Board.

There will be so many far right wingers in therapy after November.

Odium's delirium is a good example of the unrealistic hopes of many of the Trumpeters.

Last edited:

Yea I am sure your source wasn't biased at all!

Bottomline Trump will get a lot of cross appeal:
(1) He will win many white Independents. He is socially vey moderate (heck even liberal) and the majority of white independents agree with being tough on illegal immigration, China and Islam.
(2) He will win many blue collar UNION workers of all persuasions. Union workers (other than SEAU) absolutely hate illegal immigrants. Illegals are more of a threat to them in the work force than anyone. Trump strongly supports taking on China which the American worker desires.
(3) He will appeal to more blacks. I think Trump will win an 15-20% of the black vote. You hear a lot of blacks already excited about Trump and blacks are hurt the most by illegals in the workforce, in schools and gang violence.
(4) Hispanics. He will take a hit, but I still think he does better than Romney at 35% of the vote. The media makes it seem like Hispanics are monolithic and all support illegal immigrants. There was a reason union activist Caesar Chavez was violently against illegal immigrations. Legal Hispanic Americans are also hit the most by illegal immigration: lost jobs, at the schools and with violent gangs.

I have two, life long democrat voter friends that both say they are voting for Trump, along with their entire families, one, because they despise Hitlery with a passion and two, they're not going to vote for an old, bum commie. But not only that, they LIKE Trump.

It isn't going to be too long and we're going to get a real good idea who the next president will be. After Super Tuesday.

Can you show us anyone other than Mercury Analytics saying this? Remembering of course that the 'dial study' doesn't ask how anyone will actually vote.

Skylar, people keep pointing to this poll, then that poll, to back up their theories. Do you know which polls change the least throughout any campaign? ISSUE polls. If gay marriage or abortion are important to you on January 1st, they are important to you in November. Letting people know what issues you support, or do not support, is what moves national polls on who is leading as people start to learn what a candidate stands for, or not.

The only thing that over rides issue polls, is personality...........likability............trust, unless the issues are skewed so far one way, these personality traits can not overcome them. That is the crux of a national, political, election!

Now, you want to know what/how internals are calculated? In a nutshell, look at the issue polls, then decide if the party/person can overcome being on the wrong side of most issues by being likable; or more likable than their opponent to independents, and those on the fence. Throw in a few wonky calculations on calculated voter turnout for both sides, add your known electoral votes, see which electoral votes are probably coming your way, then find the easiest path to get the rest by population make up in the states remaining. It is how it works!

Let me ask you something quite logical, and answer it to yourself------------> If I say instead of 80% Hispanics are going to vote Democratic..................and change it to------>98% of Mexican and Guatemalan Americans are voting Democratic, but 53% of Cuban Americans are voting GOP, what does that tell you?

It tells me that California and Illinois is going Democrat, (no surprise there) but that Florida will probably go GOP. (a very big surprise there for some)

Now, instead of saying that 93% of Democratic voters showing at the polls will vote Democratic...........what if I said instead that 93% will vote Democratic, but that 40% of bluecollar Democrats are going to cross over. Whoa! What does that mean for Pennsylvania, Michigan, or Virginia? Means absolutely nothing in New York, but who thought the GOP would win that anyway?

So when someone like you, (no offense) or Jilly, Jake, or some others point out we have this % of this groups vote, while impressive to say the least, it is more important to discover what sub-group of that group, will probably not vote for you, and where are they concentrated at.

Let me give you a final example-------------> since I do not know exactly, lets make up a number for discussion purposes. We will use Mexican American votes as a point...........suppose there are 25 million Mexican Americans in the country, 1st generation, and 95% are voting Democratic according to the polls.

Now then, 10 million are currently living in California under our example. Was the GOP going to win California, or even have a chance? NO! Impact, 0! 5 million are living in Illinois. Was the GOP ever counting on winning Illinois? NO! Impact, 0! 5 million are living in Texas. Did the Democrats think they were going to win Texas? NO. Impact, 0! So now we are dispersing the other 5 million across what, 47 states? Able to impact, for sure, but a monolith, no.

This is exactly how BOTH party's view sets, and subsets of people, and their issues. So always remember one brutal truth, it is NOT about the percentage who will vote with you, but the percentage that will not, are they able to be targeted because they have something in common, and is that sub group gathered in numbers in a state that can be swung? It is electoral chess, and I am here to tell you the Democrats are sweating. Doesn't mean they will lose, just means they are very uncomfortable.

Right now, it is all up in the air because neither party nominee has been chosen. Different nominees poll stronger on different issues from both sides. That is exactly why I see this as so much fun.................because making the case for Trump or Hillary, is not the same as making the case for Rubio or Bernie. Lets see what happens-)

None of that changes that the numbers are not there for Trump as of yet.

Let us know when that happens.

None of that changes that the numbers are not there for Trump as of yet.

Let us know when that happens.
What numbers and who is us?

Still pulling for the progs aye Fakey?

I think half the board must have you on ignore by now.

I don't, cause I am told he is really "rightwinger" in disguisy, lol. (gotta see that movie to know how bad it is, and laugh like hell when someone says disguisy, or maybe it should be......disguiseeeeee, lol)

In any case, watching a "secret squirrel" trying to claim this or that is kind of entertaining. It lets you know what the lefties really want to happen, and that in itself is worth the price of admission. (especially a paid lefty poster taking talking points from Debbie, Wasserman, (( I know Nothing; NOTHING)) Shutz-)

The biggest hurdle democrats have to overcome is that the DNC has promised the nomination to hillary. In order to make that a reality the very popular Bernie Sanders has to lose. He's not losing on his own. Cheating is employed to help her along. How many Sanders voters will go on to vote hillary knowing she cheated?

Trump v Clinton.png

You all can continue to howl at the moon.

No one has produced any evidence that 20% of Dems will cross or reason to think so.

Forum List

Back