Breaking Rumor: Trump considering Romney for Sec State?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
It's speculation from an anonymous source...but for the sake of debate...would this help heal the party, or infuriate Trump voters?

Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will meet with Donald Trump this weekend to discuss the secretary of state position, a source close to the president-elect with direct knowledge of his thinking told NBC News.

Romney and Trump to discuss secretary of state position, NBC source says
Personally, I'm on the fence. I can see the advantages, but I can also see the disadvantages.

It's speculation from an anonymous source...but for the sake of debate...would this help heal the party, or infuriate Trump voters?

Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will meet with Donald Trump this weekend to discuss the secretary of state position, a source close to the president-elect with direct knowledge of his thinking told NBC News.

Personally, I'm on the fence. I can see the advantages, but I can also see the disadvantages.

While he does have experience i think he's damaged goods.

Yeah I saw that.
Personally I dont want Romney anywhere near the Trump administration.

At a personal level, I agree 100%...but on the strategic level, if Romney performed as Hillary did...an arm of the President that didn't publicly undermine the President...there are some very real advantages in mending Republican fences...and there is no doubt that Romney is qualified. Plus it erases the "Trump is vindictive" narrative. From that perspective, it is a smart move.

Yeah I saw that.
Personally I dont want Romney anywhere near the Trump administration.

At a personal level, I agree 100%...but on the strategic level, if Romney performed as Hillary did...an arm of the President that didn't publicly undermine the President...there are some very real advantages in mending Republican fences...and there is no doubt that Romney is qualified. Plus it erases the "Trump is vindictive" narrative. From that perspective, it is a smart move.

Exactly.

I would trust Romney as his secretary of State/our secretary of state....he's the only one out there as a candidate that makes sense to me....

guess that means Trumpsters will hate him....

God i hope not. He's a milquetoast loser. He'd be almost as bad as John Kerry. Let's hope Trump decides to go in another direction.

Just got a Breaking News headline with no details. Details to follow. Sheriff David Clarke of Milwaukee County announced he has been offered position as Secretary of Homeland Security. That would be good news.

Just got a Breaking News headline with no details. Details to follow. Sheriff David Clarke of Milwaukee County announced he has been offered position as Secretary of Homeland Security. That would be good news.

Wow. That's pretty interesting. Thanks.

Just got the follow-up from Political Insider.

CONFIRMED: Sheriff Clarke Vetted for Major Role in Trump White House

As President-elect Donald Trump continues to flesh out his cabinet, rumors continue to swirl about the possible selections for various positions.
rr

ri
The New York Times is reporting that Trump may choose a prominent African-American to the role of Secretary of Homeland Security.
The choice of a minority should please liberals far and wide.
Just kidding, it’s David Clarke, a staunch conservative and man who kicks a** and takes names when it comes to far-left rioters and radical Islamic terrorists. A perfect choice for American law and order.

President-Elect Donald Trump Just Gave Sheriff Clarke AMAZING NEWS!

As President-elect Donald Trump continues to flesh out his cabinet, rumors continue to swirl about the possible selections for various positions.
rr

ri
The New York Times is reporting that Trump may choose a prominent African-American to the role of Secretary of Homeland Security.
Just kidding, it’s David Clarke, a staunch conservative and man who kicks a** and takes names when it comes to far-left rioters and radical Islamic terrorists. A perfect choice for American law and order.

Pretty interesting if it happens. It would surprise a lot of folks. I think many were expecting an Establishment insider.

rr

ri

Pretty interesting if it happens. It would surprise a lot of folks. I think many were expecting an Establishment insider.
In the link I gave is this video. A masterpiece and a keeper.

He pulls this stunt I will do my best to insure he's a 1 term president. Period.

Now

1. Its from NBC,trust NOTHING the mainstream media tells me
2. They are meeting at Trumps golf course in New Jersey I think this is to bury the hatchet.
3. SOS is reserved for a LOYAL confidant of Trump not a has been clown that did nothing but bash Trump AND ran a candidate against him.

Forum List

Back