Breaking news...

Civilians that work for our military in any capacity are important to the success of our mission. I grieve for the victims and their families and friends.

USCitizen is despicable.

Our military should not put citizens into a combat area. To do so is despicable to me.

the military is there to protect civies, not endanger them.
The war should be a military only operation in all combat zones.

Ohh I would feel a bit more sympathy as they did not volunteer to work in a combat zone.

But realistically, they are adults and make their choices.
The children is who I feel sorry for.

Did you morn the deaths of those thousands of Chinese coal miners killed each year?

I bet he didnt minimize their deaths when it happened. You might try and learn that lesson yourself.

Did he even care?
Did he start a similar thread on here about it?
Express the same sympathy?

This selective outrage is foreign to me.[/QUOTE]

No more than your own highly selective morality...

You don't find violent death that happens to people through no fault of their own sadder? I do.

I find all loss of life via violent means equally sad...

The people who died today were not at fault for their deaths, though...
No, the ones that killed them are at fault. Still, that is an eventuality you must expect when you work in a war zone.

Never said it wasn't... I just don't have different levels of "sadness" based upon the risk people take...

No more than a person that catches alligators.
Or mountain climbers.

They made a decision that did not work out. It happens.

So that justifies you not having to have any compassion for them?!

Lets see now how many million die each day around the world...
Would not leave much time for anything besides compassion would it?

Because I do not adhere to your social principles of mourning I am a monster?

Civilians that work for our military in any capacity are important to the success of our mission. I grieve for the victims and their families and friends.

USCitizen is despicable.

Our military should not put citizens into a combat area. To do so is despicable to me.

the military is there to protect civies, not endanger them.
The war should be a military only operation in all combat zones.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, that much is clear. Do you know what a combat zone is?

No, the ones that killed them are at fault. Still, that is an eventuality you must expect when you work in a war zone.

Never said it wasn't... I just don't have different levels of "sadness" based upon the risk people take...

but you do have diffderent levels of sadness based on how close the deceased is to you ?

If the owner of a store in your town dies do you feel more sadness/sympathy than when an illegal immigrant doing yard work in your town dies? Do you read the obituaries daily and morn every one who passes?

No more than a person that catches alligators.
Or mountain climbers.

They made a decision that did not work out. It happens.

So that justifies you not having to have any compassion for them?!

Lets see now how many million die each day around the world...
Would not leave much time for anything besides compassion would it?

Because I do not adhere to your social principles of mourning I am a monster?
This makes you a monster AND an asshole:
Anyone not in the military who would accept a job in Afganistan....

Yes sorry for their families, but not so much for the "victims".
Victims in quotes => not really victims.

How much did you cons cry for the melted babies in Iraq?

they were civilians too

I recall how you all mourned so much when about the chinese coal mine disaster?
Well just pick one actually.

You didn't answer my question...

Ohh I would feel a bit more sympathy as they did not volunteer to work in a combat zone.

But realistically, they are adults and make their choices.
The children is who I feel sorry for.
So basically you and those like you have a "sadness" meter with which tells you how much sympathy that victims of violent death should receive... How compassionate of you...

Did you morn the deaths of those thousands of Chinese coal miners killed each year?

I am equally saddened by all who lose their lives through no fault of their own... I have no meter...

Probably the same...sorry for them but not as sorry as I'd feel for people that didn't take a risky job by choice and get blown up.

At least you're consistent...

Sad, but consistent...
You don't find violent death that happens to people through no fault of their own sadder? I do.

Untimely deaths are all equally sad. I don't consider a pedestrian killed by a drunk driver, or a person killed when their propane furnace explodes, or someone killed in a coal mine, or someone killed by a suicide bomb in Afghanistan any sadder than each other.

Some deaths are completely with no fault of their own (former two)...some are due to risky situations that the person is in (latter two). But they are all sad and unfortunate.

The only situation that is somewhat less sad are those who really get risky, like climbing up the side of a building without ropes. I consider that to be thinning the herd.

Nice of you to sit in judgement of the jobs of other people. Do you know what role these guys provided to our military? No. Do you know how vital they were? No. You just decide that they are, in some way, responsible for their own deaths. Do you feel the same way when a member of our military dies?

I'm reminded of the "Point - Counterpoint" scene in the movie Airplane! where the guy says something like "They knew the risks they were getting into when they got on that plane!"...

Sadly, that movie was a comedy....

Now you are catching on. Life is but a comedy.
you outraged ones are just doing what you are programmed to do.
I am doing what I choose to do.

Nice of you to sit in judgement of the jobs of other people. Do you know what role these guys provided to our military? No. Do you know how vital they were? No. You just decide that they are, in some way, responsible for their own deaths. Do you feel the same way when a member of our military dies?

I'm reminded of the "Point - Counterpoint" scene in the movie Airplane! where the guy says something like "They knew the risks they were getting into when they got on that plane!"...

Sadly, that movie was a comedy....

Now you are catching on. Life is but a comedy.
you outraged ones are just doing what you are programmed to do.
I am doing what I choose to do.

...and now we are choosing to point out how much of a fucking dip shit you are.

Sad, but consistent...

Untimely deaths are all equally sad. I don't consider a pedestrian killed by a drunk driver, or a person killed when their propane furnace explodes, or someone killed in a coal mine, or someone killed by a suicide bomb in Afghanistan any sadder than each other.

Some deaths are completely with no fault of their own (former two)...some are due to risky situations that the person is in (latter two). But they are all sad and unfortunate.

The only situation that is somewhat less sad are those who really get risky, like climbing up the side of a building without ropes. I consider that to be thinning the herd.

So volunteering to work in a combat zone is not tempting a darwin award?

I have been in combat and unless my family or somesuch is endangered you could not pay me enough to go back.

but you do have diffderent levels of sadness based on how close the deceased is to you ?

If the owner of a store in your town dies do you feel more sadness/sympathy than when an illegal immigrant doing yard work in your town dies? Do you read the obituaries daily and morn every one who passes?

I thought we were talking about violent deaths based upon "risk"?

You want to move the goalposts already? Let me know and I'll answer that question...

Wow. Just.....

Wow.

:dig:

So, not only were they not really victims, they were stupid for doing their job.

Okay. I do.

Sad, but consistent...

^ what he said...

Sad, but consistent...

I must have a faulty sadness meter. I find the deaths of innocent people sadder than the deaths of people that take risks.

But you have a right to see them as equal.

Wow. Just.....

Wow.

:dig:

So, not only were they not really victims, they were stupid for doing their job.

___

The proverbial hole gets deeper n deeper...

Forum List

Back