Breaking news...

I seem to have no right not to feel sorry for them though.

gotta get rid of that avitar they are crucifying me .

You don't find violent death that happens to people through no fault of their own sadder? I do.

Untimely deaths are all equally sad. I don't consider a pedestrian killed by a drunk driver, or a person killed when their propane furnace explodes, or someone killed in a coal mine, or someone killed by a suicide bomb in Afghanistan any sadder than each other.

Some deaths are completely with no fault of their own (former two)...some are due to risky situations that the person is in (latter two). But they are all sad and unfortunate.

The only situation that is somewhat less sad are those who really get risky, like climbing up the side of a building without ropes. I consider that to be thinning the herd.
I must have a faulty sadness meter. I find the deaths of innocent people sadder than the deaths of people that take risks.

But you have a right to see them as equal.

I find the deaths of innocent people sadder than the deaths of people that take risks.

It is a bit more dramatic and makes is seem as if you really care more than other people.

No dice. It's not your avatar (whatever it was) that is responsible for the responses you get, it is YOUR words. Man up and take responsibility.

Ohh I take full responsibility for my words. Other than a couple of quips I have been honest about how I feel about the situation.
Some others on the other hand are just responding with how they are programmed to respond.

Plus it is a good opportunity for them to gang up on me for some of my less contriversial viewpoints. Like Bush sucks!

YAAY I got that in here too.

If only you could have the same track record as USC guys.

This man predicted everything that happened over the last 7 years or so that I have known him.

He has helped more people in his real life than you are likely to know.

You crucify him for one offhand remark and forgive people like Tom Delay who actually hurt Americans.

Civilians that work for our military in any capacity are important to the success of our mission. I grieve for the victims and their families and friends.

USCitizen is despicable.

Our military should not put citizens into a combat area. To do so is despicable to me.

the military is there to protect civies, not endanger them.
The war should be a military only operation in all combat zones.
The military does not "put citizens" anywhere. They volunteer...just like all the soldiers, sailors, airmen, support personnel and every other member of the US forces. It's a group effort, you stupid fuck.

Companies get paid to do things for the military that the military hasn't the resources to do for itself. Most of these things are in the category of services to our troops. Food services, base exchanges, engineering, transportation services, gyms...etc....all the things that we regular people use daily. These companies hire civilians. These civilians have jobs that take them to war zones. They are no less brave and noble than the soldier going into battle.

You are a despicable person. I think you are merely using this thread to express your opposition to the war. It is saddening when anybody dies at the hands of a terrorist, no matter how they got within harms way. It is a shame that you have no compassion for those who help to protect your right to call yourself a US citizen.

Despite the fact that I abhor your attitude, should a terrorist manage to blow you to bits, I will be saddened.

No dice. It's not your avatar (whatever it was) that is responsible for the responses you get, it is YOUR words. Man up and take responsibility.

Idiot claims he's been in combat but I have to question that. He seems not to have much of an understanding of a combat zone.

Ohh I take full responsibility for my words. Other than a couple of quips I have been honest about how I feel about the situation.
Some others on the other hand are just responding with how they are programmed to respond.

Plus it is a good opportunity for them to gang up on me for some of my less contriversial viewpoints. Like Bush sucks!

Yup. Your opinion is that they were not really victims and they were stupid for doing their jobs. Got it. And good to know.

By the way, can we keep the topic on this sad incident and not the inappropriate comments of uscitizen? I'm sure you all can find a place to have the hanging somewhere else on the board.

Edit: The majority of the comments in this thread have been about the comments and not the incident.

who made you board police? it is quite natural to talk about someone's inappropriate and callous comment about the incident....

grow up

Civilians that work for our military in any capacity are important to the success of our mission. I grieve for the victims and their families and friends.

USCitizen is despicable.

Our military should not put citizens into a combat area. To do so is despicable to me.

The military does not "put citizens" anywhere. They volunteer...just like all the soldiers, sailors, airmen, support personnel and every other member of the US forces. It's a group effort, you stupid fuck.

Companies get paid to do things for the military that the military hasn't the resources to do for itself. Most of these things are in the category of services to our troops. Food services, base exchanges, engineering, transportation services, gyms...etc....all the things that we regular people use daily. These companies hire civilians. These civilians have jobs that take them to war zones. They are no less brave and noble than the soldier going into battle.

You are a despicable person. I think you are merely using this thread to express your opposition to the war. It is saddening when anybody dies at the hands of a terrorist, no matter how they got within harms way. It is a shame that you have no compassion for those who help to protect your right to call yourself a US citizen.

Despite the fact that I abhor your attitude, should a terrorist manage to blow you to bits, I will be saddened.

Partial privatization of the military. Yes I am aware of that.

Yes they volunteer for pay.
I turned down an opportunity to volunteer for pay to work in Iran for big bucks not long before the Shah was ran out.

I might have messed up here though and do apologize if that is the case.
Were any of those killed volunteer/unpaid humanitarian type workers?
If so I am sincerely sorry for their deaths and greatly respect their sacrifice.

Last edited:

USCitizen is despicable.

obama volunteered to go to iraq, funny, i don't remember you castigating him for that decision

Oh, Jeeze...

Now you're playing the martyr card...

"Stop picking on me!"....

How cute...

By the way, can we keep the topic on this sad incident and not the inappropriate comments of uscitizen? I'm sure you all can find a place to have the hanging somewhere else on the board.

Edit: The majority of the comments in this thread have been about the comments and not the incident.

who made you board police? it is quite natural to talk about someone's inappropriate and callous comment about the incident....

grow up
(Eh, it's hard to take his comments on that seriously as the kid is one of the biggest practitioners of exactly his complaint.)

Yup. Your opinion is that they were not really victims and they were stupid for doing their jobs. Got it. And good to know.

I have never said they were not victims. Just that they made their choice and it did not turn out too well for them.

Victims abound. Few who die are not some kind of victim.

You people do not realize how deeply you are programmed.

Perhaps you will one day. I hope so for your sake.

ah, poor baby, can't take criticism of your callous comment so you have to lash out like a five year old who's mommy took away his favorite toy

Oh, Jeeze...

Now you're playing the martyr card...

"Stop picking on me!"....

How cute...

Ohh I play a poor martyr.
Just stating my opinion.

Forum List

Back