Breaking News Update: New Enhanced Video Reveals Walter Scott Shot Officer Slager With His Taser

One thing is for sure.

There is gonna be A LOT to come out in trial. Id guess we know about 50% of the facts.

My take: It does not matter either way. The black man was retreating and was ZERO threat. I see it as premeditated murder.

If it is determined that the officer was reasonable in assuming that Scott still had possession of the taser gun then deadly force could have easily been justified within the three second turn of events. If the officer was tasered before the video, or, if he was in fear that the taser would be used against him to disable him, then he might be found not guilty of murder or manslaughter. Law enforcement are thought to utilize deadly force in an event that incapacitates them enough that a perpetrator can gain access to the weapons on his belt. I was taught that in the military. Especially when the perpetrator has demonstrated a willingness to do harm with the weapons on the belt. Furthermore, a taser can be used over and over again until the battery has run dry, and/or, incapacitate the officer and follow up with the beating. This could easily be interpreted as a means to do serious bodily harm which is also a justification of deadly force.

The taser fell behind him and after he killed Scott he ran back, grabbed the taser and planted it beside Scott's body in front of another officer.

I'll have to get the link to where they are calling for the officers who arrived on the scene to be punished for lying in their reports that they performed CPR as well. Bit of a blue wall.

Once again, would you put a taser with the wires stringing from it back in your belt? And after being roughed up and having shot someone would you have the presence of mind to leave your taser on the ground as evidence or pick it up as you are taught to do instinctively with all of your weapons? This is what his lawyer will likely argue.

Remember this quote: "After observing the two men struggle on the ground and hearing the sound of a Taser gun, I began filming the altercation with my cell phone." Support Feidin Santana Indiegogo Life

That is true. They're trained to pick up and collect all weapons.

An old California highway patrol incident...cops using revolvers in a shootout. They reloaded....PAUSED...picked up their empty casings first...then fired back. Its how they train on the range (back then...to keep shells from piling up all day )and it kicked in under stress.

They found the two California officers shot dead...with pockets full of shells.

Slager didnt try to plant a tazer.

Whether or not he committed murder...another story. Courts will decide.

There are a number of similar stories as the one you stated. Heard quite a few of them when I was first qualifying with the pistol and told a few when I was eventually teaching people the pistol.

Nothing here changes the fact that he shot Scott in the back…and shot at him 8 times. By definition, a subject running away is no threat to his pursuer. Murder suggests it was Slager’s plan to kill Scott.

Nothing here changes the fact that he shot Scott in the back…and shot at him 8 times. By definition, a subject running away is no threat to his pursuer. Murder suggests it was Slager’s plan to kill Scott.

he isn't going to get 1st degree. I doubt the jury will agree to 2nd. If he is found guilty of anything it will likely be gross negligence/manslaughter. In any case every white cop on black thug shooting thus far could have been avoided by simply not resisting arrest. That seems to be the reoccurring theme throughout all this.

My take: It does not matter either way. The black man was retreating and was ZERO threat. I see it as premeditated murder.
I knew the cop was innocent. I just didn't know there was proof until now. Running away is no excuse. He committed a crime and he must pay the penalty.

I knew the cop was innocent. I just didn't know there was proof until now. Running away is no excuse. He committed a crime and he must pay the penalty.

Kinda a harsh penalty for failure to pay child support and assaulting a police officer don't ya think?

Kinda a harsh penalty for failure to pay child support and assaulting a police officer don't ya think?
I bet you were saying Clinton was impeached for having sex with Monica too, weren't you? He wasn't killed for being late with child support payments.

I bet you were saying Clinton was impeached for having sex with Monica too, weren't you? He wasn't killed for being late with child support payments.

You obviously haven't been following my posts in this thread.

But he can be a threat to other people like busting up into someones house to hide or running out in the street to carjack someone in order to get away. Slager did the right thing in putting this dangerous feral down.

The pursuit and fight took the length of two football fields. Scott was apparently 'fit' enough to run and fight Slager to the ground. The forensic evidence will prove Slager was hit with a Taser.
A negro cop was standing over Scott when Slager picked up the holster.....not the Taser and dropped it beside Scott.
"Listen pal. When the other cops arrive tell them the Taser holster was already beside the body OK? We cops have to be corrupt together right?".
Ya fucking right!
You pyjama-boy cowards on the forum will once again prove how fucking stupid you all are when all the evidence is shown to the jury and Slager walks.
Then go and help the negroes burn down the shit-holes they live in.

Assault a PO and you are gambling with your life. Simple as that.
It doesn't matter why the cop is stopping you. Once the physical interaction starts if you want to gamble with your life be my fucking guest.

WOW....Graham vs Connor...."If the suspect has threatened the officer with a weapon...deadly force may be authorized to PREVENT ESCAPE"

Scott used Slagers tazer against him. And tried to escape.

Officer Slager is gonna walk.

No, it isn't. Running from police should be a death penalty offense. Absolutely it should. You run, you should die. Period.

No, it isn't. Running from police should be a death penalty offense. Absolutely it should. You run, you should die. Period.
This has to be the dumbest post ever.hope you are never in a position of authority.

This has to be the dumbest post ever.hope you are never in a position of authority.

Don't care. It is the way it should be. I'm tired of you people defending criminals no matter what they do, and attacking police for doing what they are supposed to do.

Shoot criminals. Kill them. Then we'll have far fewer criminals, and fewer victimized people.

This is gonna be very tricky. The Supreme Court in Graham vs Connor CLEARLY states....if an offender uses or threatens to use a weapon on against an officer....deadly force is authorized to prevent escape.

Only two things will happen here.

- Ofc Slager walks....not guilty verdict.
- To avoid the above...solicitor offers a plea deal....10 years...out in 8 on parole.

I have a feeling that just like the Revolutionary War and Civil War and the Great Fire and the massive earthquake of the late 1800s and Hurricane Hugo.........Charleston is gonna be under seige and burn again.

Forum List

Back