BREAKING NEWS: Chip Roy Slams Continuing Resolution To Fund Government Favored By Speaker Johnson

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
Apparently Mike Johnson is just another McCarthy. Who didn't see this coming? :eusa_wall::eusa_wall::eusa_wall: Johnson is trying to push a $1.6 trillion continued resolution bill through. The same one that McCarthy just passed, that got him thrown out of his seat.

This is why Chip Roy will never advance to things like speaker or president. He's a fiscal conservative. Something the GOP has completely outlawed.

Last edited:
Diversity of thought.

Deal with it.

LMAO.. The thoughts of a RINO like Johnson ain't much of a thought. I know, I know, You love your big spending, big government politicians.
But some of us want to see some fiscal conservatism happen in DC before $20hr is a poverty wage in this country.

Last edited:
I think the dems are leading Johnson down the garden path. They aren't going to cosign a CR that allows the GOP favorite departments to stay funded for long periods and DNC favored departments to be funded for short periods. It would just be "partial shutdown looms" every other month.

You guys saw the results of last Tuesday's election with the Democrat wins and want to take responsibility for shutting down the government around Thanksgiving and Christmas? You sure it's the way to go?

I think the dems are leading Johnson down the garden path. They aren't going to cosign a CR that allows the GOP favorite departments to stay funded for long periods and DNC favored departments to be funded for short periods. It would just be "partial shutdown looms" every other month.

I was hoping we'd get a speaker that at least acted like his party was in the majority.

You guys saw the results of last Tuesday's election with the Democrat wins and want to take responsibility for shutting down the government around Thanksgiving and Christmas? You sure it's the way to go?

Yes. 100%. Because the government doesn't actually shut down. It's all just a bunch of BS scare tactics they throw out. That's why they wait until the holidays to do it.
All of this crap, including the spending cuts could've already been done months ago.

They know it. We know it. And we know why they wait to do it.

Apparently Mike Johnson is just another McCarthy. Who didn't see this coming? :eusa_wall::eusa_wall::eusa_wall: Johnson is trying to push a $1.6 trillion continued resolution bill through. The same one that McCarthy just passed, that got him thrown out of his seat.

This is why Chip Roy will never advance to things like speaker or president. He's a fiscal conservative. Something the GOP has completely outlawed.

It is the job of Congress to pay the bills.

He’s just a maga fuckup that voted for the former 1-term fuckups deficit exploding budgets.

If shutting down gubmint around Thanksgiving and Christmas is such a shitty deal, why aren't the asshole politicians that you support willing to suck it up and work through Thanksgiving and Christmas?....For, y'know, the good of the cheeeeeelllldrrrrrennnnn!

If shutting down gubmint around Thanksgiving and Christmas is such a shitty deal, why aren't the asshole politicians that you support willing to suck it up and work through Thanksgiving and Christmas?....For, y'know, the good of the cheeeeeelllldrrrrrennnnn!
I guess we'll have to wait and see if they got the balls to shut it down during the Christmas buying season. They shouldn't and I actually doubt they will. They need to work together to get something intelligent if that exists, though working together is a dirty phrase for the trumpers and would probably result in another new Speaker.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if they got the balls to shut it down during the Christmas buying season. They shouldn't and I actually doubt they will. They need to work together to get something intelligent if that exists, though working together is a dirty phrase for the trumpers and would probably result in another new Speaker.
We'll have to wait and see...They all had the entire year -including the SIX WEEKS they took off over the summer....But we'll have to wait and see.

And if the gubmint has a fractional "shutdown", it's all the fault of the republicans!!!!!

FY

We'll have to wait and see...They all had the entire year -including the SIX WEEKS they took off over the summer....But we'll have to wait and see.

And if the gubmint has a fractional "shutdown", it's all the fault of the republicans!!!!!

FY
Oh, they'll get the blame alright, but how much it really means probably actually depends on the depth of the shutdown (if they do it) and how long it lasts. It's almost a year until election day, and a lot can happen between now and then for either side.

This is where their bullshit hits the road. It’s put up or shut up time.
The truth will follow.

Cause it is a GOP Congress with GOP leader....

The Dems are opposition... If you want to put Dems in charge, they have shown how govern before with thin margins... Country is wishing Pelosi was back in charge, she knew how to run shit...

All this is proving, that the far right is far more batshit crazy than any perceived far left... AOC and progressives are asking for European Solutions to problems. These are working today...

So where is the GOP healthcare plan working today? Mad Max movie!

Given that stores are not hiring as many people for the buying season it might not make any difference.

Forum List

Back